a few new rules

Discussion in 'Thread Archive' started by Maynard, Aug 5, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Maynard

Maynard Banned

a few new rules

This isnt related to anyone here, but the other league commishes have discussed and experienced some of the following and i want to prevent it before it could be an issue.

#1 - Banning Run/Pass Commit - the main thing is user vs user games.
    This is where your on defense and you hold RT and select
    up (commit pass)
    down (run commit middle)
    left (run commit left)
    right (run commit right)

#2 - Banning the 1-5-5 - nobody knows of any team that uses this formation in real life. There are some cheese moves out of this formation and since this is a sim league, we dont want to use this.

While both of these are to prevent issues in user vs user games.....its not allowed in games vs the CPU either

3-2-6 Dime Defense - Not making a rule against it, but again there are concerns with it. As with any play you call, no cheese is allowed.

I hope none of this is a problem for anyone, but if anyone has any questions regarding the above rules....please ask

thanks!

2. jms493

jms493 Veteran Member

never knew there was a problem with the 3-2-6 dime defense.....

I agree on the other 2.

3. Maynard

Maynard Banned

me neither....but thats why there is no rule against it.
    I feel very lucky to get the group of guys that i have in this OD. Alot of guys that seem to really enjoy sim ball and being in a OD....so i dont think cheese is a problem

4. geauxtigers810

geauxtigers810 Walk On

Can you tell if someone pass commits against you? Run is obvious, but I haven't noticed the pass.

5. GoBlue10

GoBlue10 Guest

for run or pass commit is there situations where you can use this against users

ex. goalline situations or for pass commit on 3rd and 15 +

6. Maynard

Maynard Banned

i cant tell either.....but i put it in just to eliminate all of it and keep it a simple rule

i was going to make it a situational thing, but i wanted to keep it simple.

If enough of you feel like you want to use it situationally then i can make up something regarding that

i dont want to leave the door open for issues in user v user games

7. MurkYa21

MurkYa21 Walk On

When you run commit..

everyone goes to one side or the other and turn into supermen. Sometimes, it can result in a big play if the defense guesses wrong, but it seems the reward is far greater than the risk as it blows up any type of playaction too.

I wouldn't see the problem with pass commit, and there isn't a way to tell if someone does it. Besides the fact that if they get a knock down or INT it will say "strategy: play the pass". But, it also says that if you key on a receiver and they throw to that receiver and it gets picked or broken up. So know real way of knowing.

8. LB Fitted

LB Fitted Walk On

yea i was gon say, the no run/pass commit thing isnt that great of an idea to ban to me. i only say that because its realistic! if u commit to run left an they run right ur prolly getting burned. the pass i dont know the purpose of it truthfully... i jus do it for the points lol but its hard for me to jus absolutely not do it cus i do it in every game i play? its kind of a natural habit. if its gonna be a rule i will try an break the habit but it will be hard cus i use it often. thats like saying no changing patterns of recievers. it can be like cheesin jus as much to do that if u make them run slants or streaks cus a lb is stickin em in man. thats jus how i view it tho. can we get a vote?

9. VolPett

VolPett Walk On

All the scores are already on the high side anyway, and now they are gonna be even worse.

There is a huge risk reward with the pass/run commit, so I don't understand why its being banned.

10. Maynard

Maynard Banned

No team would use this unless it was situational. People are using it during normal play situations that it would never be used. Using it every down to blow up pass plays, or using it commit run on obvious passing situations. It can be beat...but it makes for an un-enjoyable game. If used on short yardage it creates an unfair advantage for the defense. Even if the defense guess run the opposite way from which you are running, the DE will still bust thru and nail the HB for a loss.

Plus the offense cant counter these commit run plays. The whole gimmick is just that and it cheapens the gameplay and is unsim.

I am also thinking about banning the gameplan feature. This is another BS cheese gimmick. No defense can jump snap every play. Or rip on the ball for a strip while dragging the player down for the tackle.

the commit pass isnt really a problem, its the commit runs......if your using this every down or 80% of the time, then you are not playing sim and should look for another league.

If you guys want to use this stuff in your vs CPU games, thats up to you.

But the Run Commit and 1-5-5 is not allowed in user vs user games.

11. LB Fitted

LB Fitted Walk On

i cant speak for everybody but using it for everyplay wouldnt even make sense. but its realistic football. if ur playing a team who is run heavy, ur team is gonna commit to the run. if somebody has a 4th and 1, an goes for it, ur teams gonna commit to the run. thats football. using it every down is just foolish. but i think it should be a fair medium to where you use it in a sim manor and thats fine. like if its a user/user game, it should be obvious that you are using it to a regular amount and being realistic and if your exploiting it. because at the same time, if its a 4th an 1 an u dont commit to the run, its super easy to get that 1st down also. so thats basically giving up 1st downs just because. or if a team is killing you on the ground because every play they pound the middle for 4-6 yds, i shouldnt commit to stopping that?

12. Maynard

Maynard Banned

there is a huge difference between being committed to stopping the run and using these run commit options.

these options allow the defense to blast thru the line and make plays. Its like a power boost for the defense....if the defense guesses right, its deadly.....if the defense guesses wrong, they can still make the plays

you want to stop a 4th and 1...call a goaline run defense and play it the way its designed to be played. dont try stopping it with a 4-3 run commit middle and rely on the cpu to do the work by blasting thru

13. cfinch3

cfinch3 Guest

I agree with everything maynard is saying. There are plenty of ways to stop the run without using run commit. I agree 100 % with the rule change.

14. riley420

riley420 Guest

I agree too. Especially since my run game is shit, and all anyone has to do is pass commit every play of the game.

Good times.

15. ThaEra25

ThaEra25 Oregon=Longhorn Country

I agree that using the commit feature every play is very unrealistic but I do think its served on obvious situation such as 3rd and long or short yardage run plays. The problem being there is no way for a league to police this feature which leaves some people abusing it and gaining a slight advantage. So i agree that banning this might be the way to go. However I do not think banning the game plan feature is a good idea. I personally use this in a strategic way throughout the game and I feel if someone is setting everything to aggressive then they will pay with either penalties or big plays against them. Not to mention I don't really see how we would be able to police the game plan feature, unlike the commit feature where you can obviously tell when they have use it especially on run plays...Just my 2 cents but I'll toe the line which ever way you go...

16. LB Fitted

LB Fitted Walk On

wow, not only did i got unfairly banned, but my post speakin my side of the story gets deleted randomly? hmmmm

17. Maynard

Maynard Banned

it did? i didnt delete anything....in fact its still there, i just closed it

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.