A few opinions

Discussion in 'Thread Archive' started by smace767, Nov 20, 2009.

1. smace767

smace767 Walk On

A few opinions

First let me say my opinions in NCAA are based off of fairness to all, unbiased, and directed toward realism and sim play.

So with that said, all of these issues are either baised and favors one dude over others in the same situation, dont mirror real life or affect others in the dynasty.

- Changing teams during the season -
    No coach who is on one team changes to another team DURING the season in real life. Most NCAA dynasties or Madden franchises don't allow this, and only allow one team change during the offseason per player for the entire dynasty.

The reason of not competing or not being able to recruit is a non issue because all the teams are still dominated by default roster players. Of all the award finalists, there are only 3 players who are user recruits on those finalist lists(not counting kickers and punters) and none of those are gonna win an award. Recruiting class ranks are non issues because very few recruits are playing on the teams. And from what i see Clemson had one of the highest rated QB's and some of the fastest players in the dynasty. Also the original user usually can get his team back if he comes back before the start of the next season. Thats why some dynasties wont let anyone use a team a user retires from until the offseason.

This brings up another issue that could happen in the future. After all the players on the default roster players graduate, teams are generally weaker for a few seasons. users will still have the best teams, but the number of over 95 players will go down. QB's wont be as good, dline wont be as good, defenses wont be as good. Some guys get frustrated and are not use to not having Tebow, Pryor, McCoy, ect.. and dominating, They notice that its harder to pass with lower rated players, not as much time to throw or enough blocking to run and you get alot of guys retire in year 5,6, and 7.

For a sim dude these can be the most fun years because most teams have a weakness and it takes a few years of recruiting to fix the weaknesses.

And yes the move affects everybody else by changing user games, recruiting, conference standings, awards, ECT..

-Advance schedule-
    As some one who worked 330 days a year for over 4 years straight. With 14 to 18 hour days for atleast 300 of those days, i understand having a full schedule.
    However if we give JJloyd and others the boot for not advancing in 32 hours then it should apply to all. The good consistent dynasties advance every 48 hours period and only extend for user games. It is everyones dynasty and majority should rule if you want to keep a strong dynasty. If there are guys who can play everyday, its not their issue if someone else has a busy day.

No reason to rationalize and say get a real job. Everybody is living their life and we depend on each other to come together and play this game as a group. Time management of each individual user is the bottom line, regardless if you have 8 free hours you could play ur games or you have to squeeze it in in 1 hour.
    If you can't keep the pace everyone else can or wants, then you are overextended, and holding all the other guys back from enjoying the dynasty at the pace they would like it to be.

After 48 hours or posted advance time, the dynasty should advance, unless user games have been coordinated and approved.

2. Iron Mickey

Iron Mickey I'd take her out for some casadias

I agree with your points Smace. It shouldnt allowed to change User teams in the middle of the season. And if you change teams in the offseason, you should have to go to a lower-star football program.

I also agree on the advancement pace. Barring that its a USER game, all CPU games should be knocked out within 48 hours to keep the pace of the league going strong. User games should really take no longer than 72 hours.

A point I would like to add is that along with JJ's struggles to get his games in time. He was never on the forums. I think the forum activity still needs to pick-up here alot, and recruiting penalties need to be levied to non-active members. We have guys that post rarely. Just look at the lack of the game summaries people are doing. We should start taking recruiting time away, and even scholly's.

3. shadowofanubis66

shadowofanubis66 Walk On

I agree on both points smace

4. hoodlum10

hoodlum10 Walk On

-My 2 cents-

I agree with what was said regarding JJ. His schedule was continiously busier n busier tho so he wouldn't have been sticking around anyways. And G had a great point about the forum, JJ was 1 of the least active members here on TF.

When I allowed Drunken to swap teams it was kinda a spur of the moment decision, I didn't really consider what was really going on. I now wish I didn't make that decision. Especially now that TRude is back I'm not sure what to do. I think this issue needs to be addressed though, I mean it really is kinda cheap how I let Drunken just move to a better team. I personally think TRude and Drunken need to come to a conclusion on this, what do you guys think?

As for advancement, I think we are starting to hit a groove here and all be on the same page. We are moving fast, and people are making the deadlines. I think this is becoming a non-issue, let's keep up the good work boys.

5. Iron Mickey

Well it's kinda too late for anything to happen with Trude and Drunken's team(s) I would think. Unless you wanted to make Drunken go to a lesser ball club or something.

idk.

[​IMG]

6. NDCOLTS1979

NDCOLTS1979 I love you red solo cup

I agree. My last game summary really sucked because i am not home. I had to run to my brothers in the wee hours of the morning just so i could play the game and really couldnt remember much about the game except tennessee won. The schedule of advance is real nice and i really do love it. That being said since i am the new guy i would be willing to give trude Tennessee and move to a lesser team. I am not worried about it. I love challanges of building teams. It means more winning with a team built than handed to me. With that being said if trude wants tennessee ill take nc state from him i dont mind at all

7. TRudethaDude

TRudethaDude Walk On

i left the dynasty for my own personal reasons. when the turnover rate increased hood asked me if i wanted to come back and i actually like the interaction with you guys although i dont know any of you. that was my main reason for coming back. at the time i thought i was gettin my team back. i miss my guys!!! i have a redshirt plan in place that was really going to kick in next year along with my recruiting strategy. (your welcome drunken hehe) when i was told i had to be another team i went ahead and picked NCST not knowing how good or bad they were just because i like the uni's and mascot believe it or not. ive given up on FSU they are his now. drunken u know i have no problem with you at all man, but i dont think you should have given up on the program you were building good or bad. its another huge reason why i like this game so much because i become attached, if not possessed with my players and strategies involved with them. as far as users not playing their games i just want to say as far as week 11 goes i had my game played the first night i got back in dynasty. i did my recap and all that same night, but it didnt save. i monitored the week schedulings latest thread to see when we were going to week12, but we were still 11 so i assumed we werent done yet. after that i got a text my game wasn't played so i immediately came home and simmed. just an fyi on my opinions.

*on a side note i think the way we are all able to communicate adn be open about this dynasty only makes us a stronger bunch who will no doubt be in it for the long haul.

8. smace767

smace767 Walk On

I want to make sure my points are clear since i started this.

I feel you should be able to switch to any available team one time during an offseason. The point i was making was not to switch teams during the season for the reasons i mentioned.

Also a teams stars are made up of default roster players right now. So guys saying they can't compete because of recruiting is just not true yet. And it will be, not next season, but the year after or year 5 that user recruited players will be the main players and stars of the dynasty.

Also wanted to bring up the fact that when the default roster graduates, most teams will have a weakness. It may be no QB ready to play, it could be no good LB or CB's, it could be no fast wr or holes in the oline.
    If you look at the rosters, in 2 years most teams will be hurting in an area. This could lead to guys who only like to play with stars and great teams wanting to retire.

The advance schedlue is fine, i was not commenting to change that. My point was 2 weeks ago we booted guys(yes they werent active on the forum, but if the games were played i dont think they would have been booted) for not play in in 32 hours and being last. Which with out a hard time when you needed to be done by was questionable.
    My other point in this topic was it doesn't matter if the guy is unemployed, or if a guy works 3 jobs and takes 4 buses to work. It should hold no weight on how the rest of the dynasty views the issue.
    If you can't play the cpu in 48 hours your holding everybody up due to your schedule and the dynasty should advance and the game should be simmed.

9. shadowofanubis66

shadowofanubis66 Walk On

I felt i should exclamate this.

10. hoodlum10

hoodlum10 Walk On

First off I would just like to say I believe Smace has an extremely valid point about teams with holes. I fully expect to see some users with serious issues soon.

Now regarding the game summaries. I'd be a hipocrit if I busted anyone's balls too hard on this but we need to pick it up in the game summary department. I will continue to let what's been going on slide, but I have a new policy which I will announce later on that is being implemented for next season. Let's just say the game summary problem will no longer be a problem.

11. T2

T2 Smarter than your average bear!

There is not even a rule about advancement in our league description.. I am stunned about how this is the only dynasty that is having a problem with this issue..

Advancement should be a non issue.. but, basically the way this is being put out there, it doesn't matter what your do in/for the dynasty in terms of activity etc... but, If you cant be done in 48 hours then you shouldn't be in this dynasty? give me a break, is 24 hours that huge of deal? This is becoming a fucking circus.. how after 3 seasons is this all the sudden a major issue?

This is probably the only dynasty with the least amount of turnover.. I could see not playing in 48 hours a problem, If we are changing out guys on a weekly basis. Most of us 9-10 have been here since the start.

How can you punish someone that is active on the boards, plays there game within the 48 hours from advancement +90% of the time, by forcing them into taking a sim. what if the guy has spent 3 seasons building an undefeated team? Are you going to say, "well you where here to play at 48:01 so fuck you, your going to have to take a sim."? WHY in the hell would anyone, with any thought process, want to spend 3 seasons building a weak team into a contender only to have the control of there season taken away because they weren't able to get in 48hours.

I will be the first to admit. I'm not going to make the 48hour time limit this week, that seems to be imposed unofficially. But Im still going to get inside the 72Hrs. Things are slowing down. So Im going to be able to be inside the 48hrs week in and week out. perhaps this argument isn't about people not having enough time.. but perhaps some have too much time and that's why we need to advance every 48hours.

As for jjlloyd, ya i was shocked but if he really wanted to be here.. i think he would have showed up on the boards and lobbied for his spot.

TAKEN FROM SH
    "From now on there will be a 48 hours from the time of advance to notify me via forum when you have scheduled your game to get played. (even vs cpu)"

22.0 - You must post [within 48 hours of last advance] in the Weekly Game Schedules when you intend to play your game, whether it be against another user or the CPU. This will help the commish know whether the week can be advanced within 72 hours (or less) or if someone needs additional time for a reasonable excuse. If your game must be simmed with a failure to communicate, the following guidelines will apply:
    * Game Simmed with a pre-notifed excuse to the commish - No Penalty
    * First Offense - Loss of 5 hours recruiting
    * Second Offense - Loss of 10 hours of recruiting
    * third Offense - Booted from League

"I do have the 48-hour rule already in place where you have to specify within 48 hours of when you plan on playing your game...
    It is tough for some guys to play at a rapid pace, which is why almost none of the leagues in TF have a hard advance schedule.. But I feel that if a guy can't play his game for another 3 days, he can at least take 2 minutes of his time and post when he intends to get it done.. Simple communication is what allows this to run more smoothly"
    Quoted by HackGolfer on Saturday Heros.

This is what we need. This ends this whole giant cluster fuck. If you cant play, you can at least have the common decency to let everyone know that, "Hey you might need few extra hours." Now I'm NOT staying if we advance on Monday, you post Tuesday and you cant get it in until Sunday, that's OK. I think if they say, "hey i need an extra 24 hours to get this done. (That means total of 72 hours OMG!!:HoosierHoo::HoosierHoo: ) Then we can wait.

Lets all stop pissing in the wind.

Its up to Hoodlum to decide what is going to happen as the commish. But he's the commish and its his dynasty to run. Some guys aren't going to like what he says. but Im sure if you work or have ever worked, you have thought your boss is a fuck but, you either stayed with it or you got out.

And a further note. Im going to play my game when i get home either late tomorrow or early Sunday morning.

Thank you. and read what i posted.

T2

12. hoodlum10

hoodlum10 Walk On

Once again T2 I think you are just making a bigger deal out of this than it really is. That said we will wait and allow you to play your game. Get it in as soon as you can tho. End of story.

13. DrunkenSoldier

DrunkenSoldier Luck Of The Irish

TRude if u had let me know u wanted Flo ST i would have switched teams. Ill give u Florida st back, but if u quit again then i want dibs on them.

14. Iron Mickey

No more switching teams in the season....lol

15. TRudethaDude

TRudethaDude Walk On

sorry yall i been sick with the flu for a few days now. i got my game out early this morning. thanks drunken im cool though. u can have em. the way i even came to this league was b/c of another league i was in last year with some guys on this site. we were gonna do a mid-major thing where i was using my home town San Jose St. Spartans. after like 5 to 6 weeks in the season they shut the league down and started a major conf. dynasty. i left b/c of that reason. when i came here i saw FSU available and said what the hell lets try a good team that i can bring back up the charts. Anyways, now that im back and i have the opportunity to start from the bottom with NC St. i think it's more up my alley as i like to take a team and build em up. Bottom line is ill see you guys in the top 10 again in about 4 seasons max.

16. NDCOLTS1979

NDCOLTS1979 I love you red solo cup

So that means ur not trading me for tennessee :( lol