A few questions about recruiting.

Discussion in 'Thread Archive' started by Fred Limbo, Feb 18, 2011.

1. Fred Limbo

Fred Limbo MVP

1. I know it's just the begining of the year and cut player time is a long way off. Is there a rule on cutting players, how many ect.

2. Just taking over the team looking at the roster I have 11 seniors and a 70 man roster. So I can only sign 11 recruits?

3. I missed the player cut time being a newbie and would have definatly chopped the walk on looking 2 CB's and 2 WR's and at least one of each of the 7 DT's, 5 RE's and 5 LE's on the team to up my abiliy to recruite more players to fill my gaping OL, WR, and secondary needs.
    The question is: is there any way I can get a waiver to sign mabe 15 and designate now players I would cut to get my 70 man limit come years end? If you don't ask you won't receive so I am askin all you can say in no.

4. Is there anything wrong with renaming & Numbering of players on my roster?

5. Thanks for taking the time to consider these. I will be ok either way just let me know my scholarship limit.

2. uagrad90

uagrad90 Walk On

Everywhere I have looked I don't think there is a problem with remaining or numbering you guys, since that does not effect their abilities to where you play them but Bama or Sox will have final say. Bamagrad or Sox can also give you a red on the recruiting. I know that it does stink when you have 70 and only 11 Srs and there is 15 to 20 really good recruits that have you high on their lists and you could use everyone of them. Also don't forget to look at your Jrs and take into account any of those that meet the no-sway rule. You may have 1 or 2 that you know right now that you may lose but then it get tricky of they decide not to go.

3. bamagrad

bamagrad Back to Back British Amateur Champion

Okay lets look at it. Currently u have 70 man roster and 11 Sr's leaving at the end of the yr. so that will give u 59 on yr roster detail. Now if i allow the 15 then that will give u 74 players on yr roster, so you would have to cut 4 on yr roster to make it to 70 for the yr. Of course You could recruit the 11 seniors yr losing and cut any players u don't need anyway. I currently have a 61 man roster, a Bit low but at least i Have Room for any holes that i may need to bulk up in the area. Nobody said You need a Full 70 Man roster.

I will Discuss with Sox(he's the Co-Commish) and get the answer back to u.

2. Text Me on the rosters.

4. bamagrad

bamagrad Back to Back British Amateur Champion

After much Discussion with Co-Commish Sox, Fred we agree on the 15 slots this year with no penalties, and then u will be held accountable for next season. we both agree since u missed out on the Offeason then u should be able to Fix yr roster. I know the Cpu screws it up everytime. Don't know why but it does.

5. Fred Limbo

Fred Limbo MVP

Thanks for the consideration and allowing the extra slots. Look forward to the year, this is my 1st online dynasty ever and I am 36 and feel like a kid. It's way diffrent than my reg offline Dyn where I am in 2016, way more exciting knowing others are involved. Guess it's just that way to me because its all new to me. I live out in country and a AT&T slot just became open for DSL so I was able to get it at my home. blah blah blah.. thanks again.

6. uagrad90

uagrad90 Walk On

Fred I have played NCAA for years offline, and I am 45, and there is no comparison. Playing against others in an online Dynasty is the most fun I have ever had playing this game. Offline eventually you know that you will dominate the cpu, but the ebbs and flow with an online dynasty and peoples different skills make online the best in mu opinion.

7. soxandgators

soxandgators The Gator Nation

Agree that there is no better experience in online gaming then a NCAA dynasty.Also fred and anyone else interested in joining a MAC premier dynasty it is called good bad and nasty.Give me a shout if you are interested.Also agree that since you missed player cuts that adding 4 scholorships in thi situation will be fair due to the cpu awwarness.