A few questions

Discussion in 'Thread Archive' started by krbonn76, Jul 2, 2011.

1. krbonn76

krbonn76 Walk On

1. When on tuesday the 12th will the festivities begin? Are we taking a sick day? 5pm est? When is good for everyone?

2. How long are we going to have to look over the new playbooks for the cathedral (since what we pick will folow us to our grave)?

3. Can we start a thread listing of dream jobs so we know what is available?

4. Are we still planning on running through a year before the rosters are put online? If so maybe the abbey since that one wont have the same meaning as the cathedral? Then start the cathedral when the rosters are up.

Thoughts & Input

2. vatechhokie01

vatechhokie01 Anglican Priest and Beer-snob

1. The official dynasty/league starts will begin when good rosters are finished (usually a week or so after release but rumors are sooner maybe this year). Until the rosters are done we will be starting a dynasy with no named-rosters, picking whoever you want to be and we'll just start playing to learn the new game and stay interested. As for release day, I say we dive in and all plan on completing the pre-season in this test league on the 12th so that we can advance immediately that evening.

2. You'll have until the rosters are done. There will also be some option for creating a custom-playbook forthcoming.

3. I say no. I say its up to you if you even want to tell what your dream job is. Two guys having the same dream job is perfect. I pray it happens. But up to you.

4. Basically addressed in question 1. We will not be starting either league officially until rosters are complete. Rosters are a must. The no-named league we start will be plenty fun figuring out recruiting, gameplay, etc.

• Like Like x 1
  3. Sceptic21

Sceptic21 Walk On

Those answers help with figuring out what's happening, thanks hokie. I don't think having a thread with our dream jobs would be a big deal because all the dream job is is your Alma mater. I'm sure we'll all be able to see them under our coach profiles.

4. vatechhokie01

agreed. just wanted to make the point that there is no need (or desire) to make certain that none of us share the same "alma mater" or dream job.

5. AndyVanSlyke

AndyVanSlyke Walk On

heath - i totally plan on cockblocking you and jumping on the VT job and then running them completely into the ground, Ricky Stokes style.

• Like Like x 1
  6. Sceptic21

Sceptic21 Walk On

Hokie, are you saying you DON'T want any of us to have the same Alma mater? Or you don't want us to purposely choose someone else's dream job? Because the prior would cause a lot of competition, but the latter would mean someone is an asshole.

7. vatechhokie01

Weave, I enjoyed the usage of cockblock and Ricky stokes in the post...lol. Sceptic. I will def choose mulleins alma mater. What I'm saying is I have no intent, just that I don't want to expect or require everyone to have diff dream jobs.

8. mmullen8

mmullen8 Walk On

yeah i part of me thinks it would be funny to beat goose to ohio state or heath to vt. sadly weave will get his dream job by year 2

9. AndyVanSlyke

AndyVanSlyke Walk On

mullen - So true. :( But in real life Virginia is turning the corner. We finally have a coach in place who can motivate, develop and recruit. He has done a tremendous job in repairing badly broken relationships from our previous coach in the state of Virginia. I do believe that even Heath would agree that Mike London makes him just a bit uncomfortable as a VT fan. Especially when it comes to recruiting the state.

10. mmullen8

mmullen8 Walk On

i think my dream job is going to be someone like wash state...should have it by year two

11. ThePlague0208

ThePlague0208 Walk On

Just let me know what day to call in sick!

12. vatechhokie01

I can't say that UVA football makes me nervous. I can confirm that their new coach is a darn good recruiter and that the competition in the state for recruiting has heated up and has/will become more challenging. That said, I have an eery feeling that London might be the Seth Greenberg of football... darn good recruiter/motivator/guy but can he coach the actual game? Either way, I honestly do hope they get better cuz it hasnt been much of a rivalry for some time (not a jab...well... maybe a little bit of a jab), and this would be good for the state and both schools for sure. But I do hate UVA. Bad. And they are not good at football. Just lacrosse. and rowing. and college baseball. and chess.

13. vatechhokie01

something that does make me nervous: It is true that VT has the longest string of 10-win seasons in the country (now 7yrs I believe..maybe 8?). Yippee. We all know that every program goes through down-times and ours has to be around the corner one of these years. My fear is that the down-time could come soon (no idea when) and I freely admit that we are nowhere near natl title contention like some in our fan-base like to dream about. if we hit the down-time before taking next steps... do we then ever recover? Much easier to recover after establishing yourself as a legit title contender/champion for an era.

14. AndyVanSlyke

AndyVanSlyke Walk On

interesting comparison (greenberg-london). I think the difference though is that good football coaches are coaches who can keep a staff intact and trust their staff to handle gameday play calling, personnel. This is something that London did a great job with. The team struggled, but what do you expect with what he had to work with.

London did go on to win a national title at Richmond in his first year as a head coach.

Whereas in basketball, the bulk of the work falls on the head coach. He is more responsible for what happens on the floor on gamedays, where in football the staff as a whole shares the responsibility. THere is a reason why we know our schools coordinators and position coaches much more than we know our school's bball assistants.

15. AndyVanSlyke

AndyVanSlyke Walk On

Let's move on to something we can all agree on...How big of a tool Lane Kiffin is.

• Like Like x 1
  16. vatechhokie01

very valid points... especially the one about kiffin.

17. vatechhokie01

i am literally still trying to figure out how lane kiffin is the friggin head coach of the one of the greatest football traditions in the country. simply stunning. i mean... lane kiffin. what in the WORLD has this guy ever done besides be an arrogant a-hole?

• Like Like x 1
  18. LeatherHelmets

LeatherHelmets Walk On

He hires his Dad, a great coach, to monitor him and try and keep him from doing stupid things....doesn't always work though! At 71 you would think that Dad has enough of his son's antics...

19. AndyVanSlyke

AndyVanSlyke Walk On

I will never understand how Kiffin is viewed as some great coach. He may go on to be one but to have held the jobs he has held is shocking.

• Like Like x 1
  20. mmullen8

mmullen8 Walk On

i heard he swallows...

21. vatechhokie01

easy mullen, lol... are you returning home after a beer or 30 during your 4th festivities?

22. Goose

Goose Walk On

Screw knowing how he got the USC job, I want to know how in the hell he bagged this...

[​IMG]