A Few Things...

Discussion in 'The Dugout - OOTP Online League' started by Timpegoose, Sep 30, 2013.

1. Timpegoose

Timpegoose Walk On

There's a couple of things that we're going to be changing going forward. Pretty much all of them have been discussed before, but just trying to avoid any confusion.

1. We're going to give the hybrid schedule a trial run. All sims after the Trade Deadline will be 24 hours. Everything up until then will still be 48. If it goes well, we will discuss moving to 24 hours before the draft as well. Will definitely keep everybody updated and try to get sim threads up as early as possible.
    2. We're also going to try out the draft lottery for this season. Any input on ideas for this are welcome, but it will probably be similar odds to the NBA Draft lottery. As soon as we have something concrete hammered out, we'll post exactly how it will work.
    3. As a commish team, we feel that some of the pushback about the financial hit when cutting a player is valid. Starting next offseason, if a contract rule is broken the player will still be cut but we are going to nullify the contract hit so your finances will still be in tact. The one caveat to this, is that if you're player is cut you do not have a chance to resign him in the immediate offseason (or in season if it's during the season).
    4. The 5 season rule is still being implemented as follows:

Effective at the end of the 2024 season: A team with 5 consecutive losing seasons (sub .500) without showing improvement in EACH of the final 3 seasons will be demoted to the NBL.

Example: Win %- .480, .450, .435, .400, .385- This GM is fired

Example: Win %- .480, .450, .455, .474, .480- This GM is safe

Example: Win %- .480, .450, .440, .500, .400- This GM is safe

5. RE: Chris Sale. The reason he was placed back on the Tigers and the financials were fixed is because WE made the mistake that led to him being cut. It wouldn't be fair for FMode to have to take the punishment for something that we screwed up, so we fixed it.

Lastly, I can promise you that we're doing our best to keep this league running smoothly and we will probably continue to have hiccups. The feedback in general is more than welcome, we'll take it into account and try to fix any issues. The bitching just to bitch about something will probably get old eventually though. Let's get back to actually enjoying the game instead of thinking that everybody is out to fuck the next guy over, I doubt that's the case in most situations.

The Dugout

• Like Like x 14
  2. HAL9100

HAL9100 TSO's Resident Antagonist

Featured Threads:
    For clarification, are you saying at the end of 2024 you'll be looking back at 2020-2024 win/loss percentages or that the rule starts now in 2024 so 2024-2028 would be the first time to be fired?

3. Timpegoose

Timpegoose Walk On

Good question. It will be starting now. So 2024-2028 would be the first time you're able to be fired.

4. Sharkman37

Sharkman37 Walk On

Most agreed Timpe. As a former simmer, it takes a lot of work to make this a good league. I appreciate all the hard work people do.

5. soxandgators

soxandgators The Gator Nation

Your god damn right we appreciate it. Well said here Matt. This group is on point

6. I Peench

I Peench Caught in the hustle

I'm a bit wary about rule 4, but I understand the need to be concrete about it. If I can't put together a decent team by then, you probably should replace me with a guy that will make the league more competitive anyways.

Everything else looks good (y)

7. Timpegoose

Timpegoose Walk On

As long as your record improves in one of the last 3 seasons you'll be alright. With the prospects you have coming up I don't think you'll have much of a problem with it. And you might make they playoffs with a 75 win season out there in the AL West , Ty has to quit winning eventually :D

• Like Like x 1
  8. PAgamer07

PAgamer07 We're the ship without a storm

The way the rule is written is improvement in each of the last 3 seasons, not one. Unless you have one winning season (over .500). Am I misreading this? Because the way you phrased it, no one would ever get fired ;)

9. Timpegoose

Timpegoose Walk On

I just worded it the way you phrased it you're original ruling.

Unless I misunderstood that because there's one season AT .500. Which is possible. I was under the impression that it just had to be one of the last 3. I also was under the impression that the point of the rule was to help deter tanking, not to get people fired.

10. PAgamer07

The way it is worded is 5 consecutive losing seasons without improvement in EACH of the final 3. A losing season would be sub .500. So therefore, a .500 season would start the 5 year count over again. The 5 consecutive seasons should ALL be losing, but the final 3 HAVE to show improvement. That is the way this is written.

It was created to dissuade tanking and to allow for more movement of GM's from the NBL. Right now they are stuck in limbo and this created a way to bring better GM's to the league.

11. kdpnutter

kdpnutter Walk On

Lol limbo there isn't much left in Nippon with the rate there on the way over.

12. I Peench

Not to ruffle any feathers, but what's preventing us from sticking with a strict 24 hour advabce schedule? Do we need more simmers? Or does it just not work logistically?

(had a shitty day, was looking forward to OOTP sim :) )

13. Colemanchu

Colemanchu GOAT SPLITTER

It gives time to get as many draft rounds in as possible and to not trade with people before the deadline.

14. Timpegoose

Timpegoose Walk On

Yeah, basically this. We'd never get through a decent amount of the draft at 24 hour sims, and trade deadline activity would probably be even worse if we were on 24 hours through that. Although, the deadline activity wasn't bad the last couple of sims.

15. I Peench

Fair point.

16. NeuroticTruth

NeuroticTruth dont know , dont care

Featured Threads:
    Fify

17. Brandon S.

Brandon S. Freshmen Phenoms Commissioner

No one trades anyways. I think its been said multiple times that everyone is afraid to trade because they dont want to be raped because of people like NeuroticTruth and ryalaman . Not to mention the heavy criticism from everyone that follows. 48 hours through the draft i understand, but the dugout isnt the same as it was before Nippon. New guys get raped and are scared to trade.

18. Colemanchu

Colemanchu GOAT SPLITTER

I'm not quite sure you have a pulse on the current status of the league when it comes to trading and raping...

• Like Like x 1
  19. JFace907

JFace907 Ron F'n Swanson

This could very well be related to the fear of being trade raped, but there are also owns who have ZERO idea what the accurate worth of their players are on either side of the spectrum...

20. PAgamer07

What he's trying to say here is... U dumb

21. ryalaman

ryalaman Walk On

If people are afraid to trade because they're scared of losing the deal, then they're very very dumb people.

22. NeuroticTruth

NeuroticTruth dont know , dont care

Featured Threads:
    I think if you go back and look at the amount of trading we had before the deadline last year, you would feel differently about this post.

• Like Like x 2
  23. BigSmooth33

BigSmooth33 Walk On

Huh???

I'm a trading fool...

Just need to ask for the right pieces in return and understand what is fair. Sometimes you have to overpay, and sometimes you have to undersell to achieve a goal.

24. Roggie

Roggie Back 2 Back

Featured Threads:
    How is that any different than when people would join before? The only difference now is that guys have some sort of experience with how online leagues work and aren't going to just trade for the sake of trading when joining MLB.

25. Brandon S.

Brandon S. Freshmen Phenoms Commissioner

When i first joined, i traded damn near my entire roster. I didnt know what i was doing, but i wasnt a moron about it and was able to take a team from 61 wins to 85 wins. I havent been as current with the league the past season but i know that last offseason when i tried to make deals everyone said they werent trading because they were scared.