A few thoughts after about 10 games vs the cpu.

Discussion in 'The Tradition' started by jms493, Jul 25, 2009.

1. jms493

jms493 Veteran Member

A few thoughts after about 10 games vs the cpu.

I am wondering if others are finding this?

Yes I am using Va Tech in all these games on AA default sliders

The running game vs the cpu is easy for the most part. It gets harder if you run alot b/c the cpu will key in on it more but all in all you can run for about 5 yards a carry with an above average running back.

The passing game feels good. I don't have many complaints here but I do see very high completion percentages from my fellow Traditioneers. I can only imagine it will go up. So that worries me a bit.

On defense stopping the run is tough but doable.....need more games get more accurate information. I like that the cpu has stopped running 20 QB options.
    I do feel that if you don't blitz it is VERY hard to get pressure and the CPU QB will find someone open. Very similar to playing a human. It seem like I must blitz at least one LB or manually control a DE. Still the CPU QB can pick you apart badly. Much improved from last year. The cpu will actually burn you deep this year. Why can't I knock balls loose from the CPU??? Why do defensive players are going for fumbles more this year?

The extras. I haven't messed around too much with the Gameplans but i did try and few things and haven't had much affect. I am not sure how much i will mess with it as I think it is a bit stoopid.

The defensive keys are kind of annoying. Are they are defensive boost?? Who is not going to use it on every 3rd and long (passing)??? If you guess right on a run play it works like 99% of the time. If you guess wrong thats a different story. i just generally dont like it and i feel like i am cheating a bit.

I like the classic chess match game. The player with the better play calling or better passing reading skills or running skills should be successful on offense and defense.

Last thing is user skills on defense have been a bit removed. The def line play is better but roaming the field as a slower LB is not as effective as last year. Roaming as a quicker SS or FS seems to be the better choice.

Anyway I just I would put down some random thoughts about NCAA 10.

2. Mogriffjr

Mogriffjr Walk On

Featured Threads:
    I'ma still be picking fools off with my FS/SS :)

3. BlyGilmore

BlyGilmore It's All In The Hips!

it almost feels like d-line pressure went down with the patch. dunno if it was a stealth nerf or if there was just a chance in how i'm playing.

overall i think the vs. cpu game is much improved. their game is a lot more varied than last year (where it was predictable) on offense and if you run the same thing repeatedly it will realize that and attack it.

honestly running against the cpu seems to be good. Michigan has a good defense last night and it took me a while to get my running game going. a big change is a lot less very long runs because of the updated angles defenders take. the longest run i've had has been maybe 30 yards and you need to fake a safety out of his shoes, or run him over, to get that. it isn't like last year where you'd turn the corner and have the field wide open because the safeties have already run themselves out of the play.

i think the keys are stupid and would really like to see and gentleman's agreement not to use them. i can see run pass and maybe get a bit of an advantage from that, but defenses don't completely sell out to a run, outside left all that often. and like you said, why is there three options for run but only one for pass? in obvious passing downs who wouldn't use that?

4. Colemanchu

Colemanchu GOAT SPLITTER

Good thing the pass option doesn't guarantee a stop the way guessing run correctly does. It reminds me a lot of the Tecmo Bowl games and would have been a great addition if it was toned down. If a crappy d guesses run right and I run right my better players should still be able to stop the d but instead they forget how to block completely.