A few words from the Commish...

Discussion in 'Thread Archive' started by hoodlum10, Nov 8, 2009.

1. hoodlum10

hoodlum10 Walk On

A few words from the Commish...

I would like to take this time to address a few issues I feel need to be touched on. I don't like the way things have been going lately, it's time we turn it back around before we do permanent damage.

First of all, I am the commish. Shadow has the title on the PS3, but I am still commish and have all the powers I had before. Shadow simply advances when we are ready and does whatever else I tell him to do.

Secondly, the sliders are a work in progress. Most OD's here have adopted them, we wil continue to find the set that fits perfectly. Have patience.

Now regarding the personnel changes...

We have some new faces, with 1 more on the way. People are busy and we keep a fast pace, they have chosen to not stay, they weren't forced out. Yes it is best to have the same group of guys but change happens, and we have to live with it. It is what it is. It was nice having JJ and IA757 but they were our least active members on the forum and we regularly had to wait on them anyways. Our new members should provide us with some new stuff, some fresh thoughts n whatnot. That said, I think the guys that are now gone(with the exception of TRude) were always walking along the plank anyways with their activity level. We now no longer have that problem since they're gone. We got the new guys in place, hopefully we can start building some continuity.

We have been going thru a rough patch and we need to turn it around. As commish it is my responsibilty to get us back on track. We have a great group of guys, it is my pleasure to be in this dynasty with all of you. Let's get the momentum goin again and show everyone we are the #1 OD in town

Thanks, Commish Hood

2. shadowofanubis66

shadowofanubis66 Walk On

i agree, this is a good post. I've tried to mention in alot of the posts i've made regarding sliders and such that it was your call on them and stuff like that.

3. Iron Mickey

Iron Mickey I'd take her out for some casadias

excellent post hood. completely agree.

4. smace767

smace767 Walk On

Since im off today and waiting on playing the big BCS game in my only other dynasty i figured i would give yall something to read.

Sim Sliders- For many reasons you should not test sliders with a franchise team that has progressed 2 seasons.
    To get what im saying think of a 99 btk tak HB. He can break every bodies tackle. You should not see too much difference if the cpu tak slider is changed. If you try to bump up the slider to have an 85 defensive guy play like a 95 based on a 99 guy, you make an 89 btk HB useless against a player he should beat most of the time. The goal of sliders is to make 95 guys better than an 85 guy regardless of who controls the 85 guy, CPU or user.

Same with the passing game. If you have a 99 qb throwing to 99 receivers, they are gonna win almost every matchup. Regardless if the other team has 94 CB's or 84 cb's or 74 cb's. The saints think its pretty easy to pass on almost all teams while the redskins think passing is to hard to do against almost all teams.

you want to use controlled variables( know what the FUK is suppose to happen for my fellow Soldiers) in a win and lose situation to get that sim result.
    Using dynasty teams after 2 years messes this up because the 12 user built dynasty teams are so much better than CPU teams from top to bottom. Sombody has to be ranked 13th but that doesn't not mean they are even teams.

You need to test, using know matchups you can witnessed in real life. You know what Fla can do to Troy and what Navy can do to Notre Dame. Play a game using one side, then play the same matchup using the other team and adjust sliders after you play the whole game. Now you know how effective each team should be vs the other.

You should load the sliders in a play now game to test with default teams.

With that said I think these sliders are as close to right as i have played so far. The only two issues are Human yds per carry affected by long runs due to broken tackle in the secondary and user Interceptions are way off and too low.

I think the CPU could go up 5 in CPU tackling and it will be even closer to sim, so that is an easy fix for the first issue.

In Ncaa 09 and Ncaa 10, at the default settings prior to the patches there were alot of INT's. I think the patches have addressed that and having int so low ends up being off and not like real life(unsim).

here are the real life, top 12 int teams in college. Everyone on the list avgs over a pick a game.

Iowa 10gms 20ints
    Clemson 9gms 19ints
    Ohio St. 10gms 16ints
    Texas 9gms 16ints
    Iowa St. 10gms 19ints
    Florida 9gms 15ints
    Cincinnati 9gms 15ints
    SMU 9gms 15ints
    Indiana 10gms 14ints
    Boise St. 9gms 14ints
    Arizona St. 9gms 14ints
    Northwestern 10gms 14ints

Now for our results i did not count the wounded duck factor so i only am talking about secondary int's only. Even though you might have some coverage picks by LB's, most are wounded duck picks. The issue is coverage picks and the secondary should lead in these picks.

user games are played at default of the difficulty so sliders have no affect and users make bad passes against users so i did not count those games.

Total picks- then only picks by secondary vs cpu.
    LSU 4 games vs CPU- 11 picks - 4 picks by secondary(has 99 rated cb who plays in the wounded duck zone)
    Vandy 4 games vs CPU- 1 pick- 1 secondary pick
    Alabama 5 games vs CPU - 1 pick - 1 secondary pick( my pick was a wounded duck that went down field)

clemson 5 games vs CPU- 4 picks- 0 secondary picks
    Gtech 4 games vs CPU- 2 picks - 0 secondary picks
    Mia 4 games vs CPU - 1 pick - 1 secondary pick

Osu 5 games vs CPU - 9 picks - 1 secondary pick(3 vs user, 4 during super sim 1st game)
    PSU 4 games vs CPU - 7 picks - 1 secondary pick
    ND 4 games vs CPU - 7 picks - 3 secondary picks(has 99 rated cb who plays in the wounded duck zone)
    Mich 4 games vs CPU - 5 picks 1 secondary pick

Wounded duck zone is the offensive right side where most wounded duck passes go. If you play zone, the #1 cb is laying low right were the wounded ducks fall.

As you can see here or check the stats in the dynasty, user secondary players have avg'd 1 pick per 4 to 5 games vs CPU. While real life teams avg about 4 secondary picks during that span.
    I think user INT can go back up to 50. The patches obviously addressed the amount of picks the cpu throws vs a user and our levels are below the sim line.

5. Iron Mickey

Iron Mickey I'd take her out for some casadias

Dear God that's one long write-up on sliders...lol

6. smace767

smace767 Walk On

Yeah,
    Like i said i was off from work, chillin and wanted to write a long ass post with all that to basically say "Raise the mothafuken user INT slider".

One pick by the cb's and safeties in 5 games is weak. Especially from a guy who played CB / safety. I hate that part of this game in this dynasty.

7. Noknee

Noknee Walk On

Only one of my picks was a wounded duck and it was caught by the DT, rest have been on bomb plays. I also got 2 picks this week with my FS on post patterns.

8. smace767

smace767 Walk On

I know it was a long ass post but like i said as of week 6 since i cant see what u did in week seven until we advance.

you had 7 picks, only 5 by secondary players one by a lolb(filer) and one by DT.

2 of those 5 left came when the sliders werent set during your Iowa game(wk 6 and i did not count any int's for that week for anybody) so i did not count that game. That left 4 cpu games with these sliders. 3 picks by CB or safeties.

Also the sliders affect the AI not the user controlled player when it comes to ints. AS was explained in shadows original post. The int slider triggers how soon the db reacts to a ball coming his way. The lower it is the later the db reacts. The higher it is the quick he is jumping the route and going for a pick. which also increases his catch abilities.