A Giant Meltdown in Dallas; Miracle Comeback Propels NY

Discussion in 'Game Summaries & Team News' started by cry_havoc, Feb 17, 2014.

1. cry_havoc

cry_havoc Walk On

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

GIANTS
    41 - 35 COWBOYS

The Giants and Cowboys always seem to make us smile dont they? Well for kickers, both teams are 7-1. The Cowboys come into the game with already 1 win against them this season. As early in the year that it is, this game is bigger than that. Winner sliding solely into 1st place in the NFC East.

Cowboys would win the toss and elect to receive in the 2nd half. Giants started with the ball and legit just drove right down the field. Without a blink of an eye the Giants were on the board with a 13yd TD pass to Scheffler from Nassib.

The Boys came storming back with a tenacious offense of there own. Echavaria would hit Bryant for a 10yd TD. A turnover on downs would give the ball back to the Boys. Echavaria went right back to work as he would hit Williams over the middle for 35yds and a TD, barely getting picked by FS Addision. The Boys proved that they can get at it from both sides of the ball. The heat kept coming as Durant would pick off Nassib setting the Boys up in great field position to potentially take control of the game early on. The Giants just couldn't get any pressure going. Echavaria sat back and picked the NY defense apart. Several times the Giants defenders would come nose hairs away from picking off Echaravia, but it was just one of those games. Down 21-7 with under a minute remaining, the Giants put together a drive to keep them in the game. Nassib would eventually hit Decker on a huge 3rd and long and he would scamper in the endzone with 29 seconds remaining to inch the Giants closer 21-14.

The Boys received the 2nd half kickoff and just dominated the majority of the 3rd qtr. Converting on numerous 3rd downs the Gmen just couldn't make the big play not to mention get off the field on 3rd down. As the Boys just milked the clock they inched closer and closer to the endzone, finally ending the drive with a 24yd td pass to Williams. Up 28-14 the Boys had all the momentum. With under 2 minutes remaining in the 3rd qtr David Wilson was back to return the kickoff. All year long the Giants have been waiting for that big special teams play and today it happend. Keeping a pulse, Wilson returned the kickoff 102yds to quietly keep the Giants in this game.

Up 28-21 the Boys just needed to stick to there gameplan which was clearly working. They did just that as they marched down the field once again after a long run from Dunbar. He would finally punch it in from 4yds to put the game out of reach 35-21...right? Wrong. With 5 mins remaining down by 2 the boys from NY didnt drop there heads, nor did they think this was over in the slightest. Earlier in the year owner James Music said his team is as good as anyone and its skies the limit with these guys. There the most resilient pationate group of guys ive seen. Theres no doubt in my mind these guys will fight to the very end. Well...they lived up to it.

With 5 mins remaining the Giants had to scramble and put together a drive, not to mention scoring then stopping the Cowboys O that they've struggled with all day. Well Nassib came out firing. A mix of pass and a few runs moved the Gmen down field. On 2nd down at the Boys 28 Nassib dropped back and got sacked putting them in a 3rd and long, nearly putting the game out of reach. But Nassib would sit back and find Lopez over the middle for 34yds and tip toe in the endzone to pull the Giants within a score 35-28. Relying on the onside kick the Giants attempted but failed. Clearly the game was over and out of reach...but the GMen still had 3 TOs.

[​IMG]

First play they stuffed the run and called TO. Next play the Boys stayed aggressive like all game and threw it for a converted 1st down. Giants would call there 2nd TO. with 2:03 remaining and a stopped clock the Giants needed the big play. Rather than get aggressive like there opponent has all game and go for the all out run stopping blitz, they dropped into covered. The Giants sensing the Cowboys getting cocky with there aggressive play calling, Jon Beason dropped back and jumped in the way of an over the middle pass to pick the ball off and keep the Giants alive. With 80yds to go and under 2 mins the Giants had work once again. Nassib kept his composure and slowly diced up the Boys defense. With time running anxiety in Arlington started to set in. The Cowboys crowd was suddenly going from a super high to a real big Low as they watched Nassib drive his troops down field. With the clock still running with 30secs left and no TOs Nassib hit Bangley for 17yds but would get stopped at the 4yd line. Quickly the Giants scrambled to the line hoping to get the play off. With 1 sec Nassib snapped it and found Bangley once again at the corner pile on to tie the game up with 0 on the clock. Face to Palm throughout the stadium, you couldnt hear a pin drop.

[​IMG]

OT...Giants won the toss and elected to receive. First play from scrimmage Blount would pound the ball up the gut for 5yds. On 2nd and 5 the Giants came out swinging. Catching the Boys off guard, Nassib faked the hand off to Blount dropped back and hit Lopez 1 on 1 with Claiborne and took it to the house from 63yds out to end it.

AMAZING GAME MOE

• Like Like x 4
  2. CaptMoe

CaptMoe Walk On

Still can't explain why I threw the ball in that situation. You'd been selling out for the run the last few plays but, still, Romo should've never, oh, I meant, Echavaria shouldn't have thrown it...smh
    This was by far my best game passing the ball this season but it doesn't matter. GG...

3. thafuture3886

thafuture3886 Power Rankings Analyst

Wow what a game

4. ThaBayouChef

ThaBayouChef Walk On

THIS is why I can't wait until we make the move to PS4 and the next Madden drops! Sounds like a great one to have watched!!

5. cry_havoc

cry_havoc Walk On

I really wish i had video to provide. Legit was a nailbiter. Hands down one of te best games ive ever been apart of on Madden.

• Like Like x 2
  6. cry_havoc

cry_havoc Walk On

I had a good feeling you would stick to ur guns and stay aggressive, so i figured fuck it ill drop back and hope you make a mistake. You were on point with passing... i just whiffed a handful of times that couldve got me off the field. Overall great game