A Letter from the Commish

Discussion in 'Thread Archive' started by Archie Griffin, Sep 14, 2011.

1. Archie Griffin

Archie Griffin Walk On

Guys,

I have a bit of good news, and a bit of bad news. Here goes:

Many if not most of you know that I make my living by writing and teaching writing at a number of colleges. Recently, I have also been writing some advocacy pieces and a few articles on political issues in my state.

My work has been noticed, and I just obtained a position writing in the political arena. I am ecstatic about the opportunity. I don't yet know where it'll lead, but my guess is that, by 2012, you'll probably hear some candidate somewhere saying something I told him or her to say. There's really no telling at this point, but it seems to be going in that direction.

Now for the bad news. While no one has specifically told me that I should limit my online presence, it has been mildly suggested, and even if it hadn't been, it's still probably a good idea. For that reason, I am going to be leaving TSO effective ... well, immediately.

I love this place, and I am going to miss it, but this is a really great opportunity, and I'd be an idiot not to grab it just so I could geek it up with you douchers. :) But seriously, keep the thing going, and keep having fun. I know things have been a bit rocky lately, but I know it'll clear up soon, and you guys can get back to playing and competing like normal again. I'll be reading up on you guys from time to time.

As for my Buckeyes, I think Goose will likely pick them up, and as for your new commish - I'll be passing that torch to Ego this evening. He may keep it, or give it to whomever he likes. I trust his judgement, and I know you will be in good hands.

My contact info is still on the list, so feel free to get in touch with me whenever you like. I'll respond as quickly as I can, but I'm guessing that once things get going, they'll be delivering my reading load in a dump truck, so I may be a bit busy.

Thank you for everything. It has been a great ride.

AG

• Like Like x 1
  2. soxandgators

soxandgators The Gator Nation

(y) Congrats bro and best of luck to you and yours in the future.....This was a easy decision

3. KnightNoles

KnightNoles Learn to Compete

Damn Government!

Congrats

4. Goose

Goose Walk On

Congrats man! I hope for the best for you and your family. Be sure to keep in touch and I'm up for a game anytime your on the PS3.

And hell yeah I'll take the Buckeyes immediately. ;)

5. jca312

jca312 Walk On

Congrats man, that's an amazing opportunity. Good luck with this. You'll be missed around here.

6. egofailure

egofailure Sim habits die hard!

Congratulations, man. There's no question that you'll be greatly missed on TSO, and even more so in our league. I'll do my best to hold things down for now. I'm not sure what's best for Sim Nation long-term in regards to leadership, but those things have a way of working themselves out. Good luck and check in when you can.

7. carolinaeasy

carolinaeasy Walk On

Vaya con dios, Archie. I wish you the best and hope you can help be the change we need in this world.

8. Cimmy24

Cimmy24 Candy Ass Self

Congratulations Archie, best of luck to you.

9. bdub

bdub Walk On

Congrats Archie. You will be missed around here. Thanks for everything you did to make Sim Nation what it is.

10. JerzeyReign

JerzeyReign #BeatOhio

I should have well over 10,000 posts but most times I'm relegated to just nodding my head and agreeing with your posts. Your opinion on things around here will be missed. If it wasn't for that aOSU disease you have you may have been one of my favorite posters. Take care and good luck.

11. djnnfl

djnnfl Walk On

Congrats man best of luck! You were one of the first ones to reach out to me when i signed up TSO

12. Iron Mickey

Iron Mickey I'd take her out for some casadias

Wow, that's some CIA Type shit there :).

Good luck in your endeavors

13. Big D

Big D Walk On

Good luck out there Archie.