A little about me

Discussion in 'Thread Archive' started by DelZaster, Aug 29, 2011.

1. DelZaster

DelZaster Walk On

As a dumb Brit and this being the first league I have participated in and with people in it I have obviously not had the pleasure of meeting yet it's an ideal time for getting a few games in and get to know a few people. I am also a little nervous at joining a league because I do not want to upset anyone by doing something dumb during gameplay so this gives me a good chance to learn more and get a feel for making sure im doing things the right way. All I ask is if I do something that isn't sim while playing you guys please feel free to swear at me n let me know what ive done and il sort it out. I am thick skinned and can take it lol. Also for me it will be a learning curve and am expecting to be firmly at the bottom n beaten every game but am committed to learning the game.

As far as scheduling games go please don't be concerned bout that as I live on American time anyway and can pretty much always be available to fit in with your schedule easily.

Please feel free to send ma an Xbox freind request if im not on your list

I look forward to playing and meeting you all and wish you all well for the league from the bottom of the table lol

2. Jmustang1968

Jmustang1968 Walk On

Good stuff Del. Anyone else is free to reply with a little personal synopsis too if you are so inclined. I will add my piece a bit later on tonight when I am home.

3. DelZaster

DelZaster Walk On

cool thanks J. I just wanted everyone to be clear and know a little about me as I have not met a lot of the guys before.

4. Bl0ndeRedHead

Bl0ndeRedHead Official TSO Pothead

I'll bite.

Name's Chris, 23 year old living in Phoenix, AZ. I'm originally from Philly, moved out here 10+ years ago with the fam and am still hoping to get back to Philly for good. *crosses fingers* Right now I'm just trying to finish up college (ASU) and working a couple part time jobs so as you can see my career is blooming at the moment. Being from Philly, I live and die with my Eagles, Phillies, Flyers, and Sixers. And when you have a bunch of family members who have graduated from Penn State, well who else you gonna root for?

I'm Polish as shit, and tall as shit (about 6'7") so I can beat Del's ass. This will be my first Madden league and I'm ready for it to be a good one, I've been playing Madden longer than NCAA but haven't played since Madden 09, so I might have a little bit of a learning curve on my hands for M12. And here's a picture of me, I'm neither Blonde or Redheaded, that's just the name of a band.

[​IMG]

5. fuzzyl0gic

fuzzyl0gic No new friends

That is pretty much how I pictured you...weird.

6. Jmustang1968

Jmustang1968 Walk On

My name is John, and I will be 29 in October. Yea pushing 30, yikes! I live in Katy (Houston suburb) and work in Houston. I own a house with my wife of 4 years who is my high school sweetheart. I grew up in San Antonio and hated the Cowboys. I used to like the Oilers before they left, and have always been a Packers fan. Since the Texans were formed I have been a big fan of them as well, even more so when I moved here. I went to Texas A&M and then UTSA. I have a degree in electrical engineering and work in a company that engineers and constructs refineries and gas plants etc...

I participated in the TMFL and had a lot of fun despite the shortcomings of Online Franchise. I am hoping a franchise with a gm aspect will suit my style of madden gaming a bit more. So here is hoping the GMFL is a great success.

7. DelZaster

DelZaster Walk On

Damn man your worried bout pushing 30 now I feel really old at 42 lol

8. Jmustang1968

Jmustang1968 Walk On

ya you are old

• Like Like x 1
  9. Keller

Keller The enemy of my enemy is my friend.

I don't think I could have pictured him as being any bigger of a douche - maybe if he has his sunglasses on around the back of his head....

• Like Like x 3
  10. Corey Haggard

Corey Haggard Walk On

I'm lazy so I'll just cut and paste from my OD's introduction thread.

I'm a 39 year old slacker from Detroit Michigan. I say I'm a slacker because I haven't worked since 2001. Unless you count being a "house husband" and a drummer in a punk band that plays dive bars as working. I used to be a Chef. Not being able to handle my stress levels, my wife told me to quit and stay at home. Luckily she makes enough money for the both of us, and the only child I have is a 17 year old boy from my first marriage who lives in Winnipeg, Manitoba, Canada with his mom. Here's a pic of the two of us from his last visit, last summer.

[​IMG]

My interests include sports (obviously), gaming (obviously) music (punk, metal, country, classic rock) and horror films. I am a total nerd when it comes to horror films, I collect dolls, posters and memorabilia from everything from the classic 50s Universal Monster Movies, to the 80's heyday of slashers.

My band is called The Haggards and we play Garage Punk with a pinch of Outlaw Country. When I say country I dont mean the crap thats been played on the radio for the last 20 years, I mean Waylon, Cash, Willie, Merle, etc.

[​IMG]

11. Roggie

Roggie Back 2 Back

Featured Threads:
    About me?

Name is Tyler. 20 year old college student. I live right in the middle between Detroit ant Toledo (town withheld; don't need Keller finding me). I work at a park in the summers, and a bowling alley in the winter. I will also be captain of my college's bowling team this winter. I'm a huge procrastinator (when it comes to school). But I'm aiming to work on that a bit by being on the school newspaper as the sports reporter. Next year, I am going to try to be the assistant coach for my old high school's bowling team.

When it comes to gaming, I'm in it more to build up my team than play. I get more enjoyment out of seeing my team go 13-3 in a sim than me winning 16 games in a season. Plus, I'm not great on the sticks for football games, so it makes sense. I also play hockey competitively in the VHL, along with being the Commish of Shake N Bake.

[​IMG]

Besides all that, I'm quite boring. Sarcastic as hell. Short as hell. I listen to good music, despite what the people here say. And I'm a huge UNC fan. Also a Michigan and Va Tech fan (3 dream schools, so I started following the sports teams). For the NFL, Lions and 49ers. Wings and currently Canucks for hockey, as I'm a huge Sedin twins fan along with Ryan Kesler. NBA? Who cares (but go Bulls). Tigers for baseball.

And Del, you're an old man.