A look at the ACC Quarterbacks

Discussion in 'Thread Archive' started by PAgamer07, Aug 23, 2010.

1. PAgamer07

PAgamer07 We're the ship without a storm

A look at the ACC Quarterbacks

Yeah this isn't the NFL and you don't have to have a great QB to win. For me though, the QB is the most important position on the field and I love a good pocket passer any day of the week.

I thought I would take a look at the User QB in the ACC and look at who is getting it done, and who isn't.

Column 1
    Name School Attempts Completions Yards TD Int
    Christian Ponder Florida State 157 105 2036 26 10
    Mike Marscovetra Boston College 164 103 1621 9 7
    Ted Stachitas Wake Forest 196 93 1583 11 13
    Jacory Harris Miami 176 100 1579 12 12
    Jamarr Robinson Maryland 176 103 1430 5 14
    Tyrod Taylor Virginia Tech 147 78 1260 9 5

Christian Ponder is dominating the ACC leaderboards and leads in yards and TD. I've played Florida State, and this guy is deadly accurate. He already has 26 TD and is on pace to set career records at FSU.

Wake Forest's Stachitas was really surprising. I haven't played them yet, but it looks like they like to put the ball in the air.. a lot. Only 2 QB in the ACC like to throw the ball more. Virginia's Marc Verica and Duke's Sean Renfree. Unfortunately for Wake Forest, his accuracy leaves a lot to be desired.

And then there is Jamarr Robinson of Maryland. Pretty decent completion % but 14 INT already? Wow. Looks like he thinks he's better than he really is.

And finally, Tyrod Taylor of Virginia Tech. He's thrown the ball the least of all user QB, but why should he throw at all? His HB Ryan Williams is 2nd in the ACC in yards, and 1st in TD.

2. Shino45

Shino45 Walk On

My Goodness, Ponder is unreal!! And they are heading into an easier stretch of their schedule I believe. And how the Hell is Maryland having the season they are with Robinson putting up those type of numbers?? Wait, didn't I lose to Maryland by way of Robinson? Next season Georgia has to sure up their pass defense, this is ridiculous!

And why the ACC bias Pa??? SEC has quarterbacks too!!! Just messin.... ;) no but seriously:mad:

3. HotRod

HotRod You ain't bout dat life!

Featured Threads:
    Damn half of Marscovetra's TDs were against me, lol.

4. MartyWebb

MartyWebb C.R.E.A.M.

I feel lucky that I haven't had to see Christian Ponder, but I'm curious as to how I would stack up.

5. phbaseball1335

phbaseball1335 Walk On

The majority of Robinson's interceptions are the result of his paper thin offensive line. About half of those interceptions have resulted from Robinson being hit as he is dropping back to throw and the ball floating no further than the line of scrimmage. Most of them have come in the last few weeks when Maryland has been without their top two runningbacks. We haven't been able to get any kind of consistent rushing attack the last few games relying on the third option on the team. Total rushing yards for my last three games have been 58 yards, 114 yards and 33 yards. These three games have accounted for 9 of Robinson's 14 INTs, so the "looks like he thinks he is better than he really is" comment is not really justified. It has just been a bad stretch of games with injuries to the runningbacks being a direct cause of the high number of INTs at this point. Maybe if I only had 13 or 12 INTs at this point, it wouldn't look so bad....