A look into Season 7

Discussion in 'Legendary Veterans' started by Oshiomogho, May 6, 2011.

1. Oshiomogho

Oshiomogho Donnie Darko

this post is going to be a lot of randomness by me, feel free to add in your own team randomness

Entering the season, Aaron Andrews leads all active players in passing yards with Demetrius Smith nearly 800 yards back in 3rd. Andrews also has 14 more TDs then any active player

I dont have a single HB/FB on my roster with a single career snap although 3 HBs will see action as well as the new FB.

I have 5 WRs that have a career average per completion over 17.5 yards including the only 2 players over 22. My freshman stud last year Jon Lewis is backing up his 976 yard, 10 TD season by redshirting to give Brian Everett more playing time and allow the receivers to stay younger as Banks and Carroll graduate. Im still rolling a 6 man rotation. Carroll and Anderson only play wide while Banks plays all over and Everett and Owens play inside.

Stew Vaughn missed most of last year and enters the year 1 tackle away from 100 solo in his career, which already is 16 more then any other underclassmen in the nation. My linebacker trio is entering their junior year on the field 2nd, 3rd, and 4th on my team in tackles (all trailing vaughn). combine they have 212 tackles, 9 sacks, 7 ints, 4 FF, 9 FR, and 1 TD compared to Vaughn with 99 tk, 4 sk, 3 int, 6 ff, 1 FR, and a TD.

I'm redshirting 15 players total, the best being sophomore WR Jon Lewis at 73ovr
    My goals this year are ridiculous!!
    finish top 25 (plausible)
    win MWC (um......)
    play in a January bowl (ummmmmm........)

my career win % is only at 59.7% with a poor win % against top 25 of 37.8%. I've won 60% of my rivalry games but it helps when SJSU is a rival.
    Of all the promises I made last year, I didnt land most of the players. I dont have to worry about anyones playtime, the only 2 guys I cant redshirt, i needed anyway.

end randomness

2. MNoffke

MNoffke Walk On

My running back crew is ridiculous looking at career stats, hopefully I can keep it up but I am finally getting better talent at QB and WR so I can actually throw the ball more effectively.

3. IrishBearcat

IrishBearcat tFC OD Commissioner

I have 3 RBs. The only player rated in the 80s is an 80 overall white halfback. The ESPN150 RB I beat Air Force and SDSU out for, Adam Robertson, comes in at 77 overall with very good ratings in important categories and is the backup. My third string, Jeremy Lucas, ranks in a 73 overall and is more of a scat back really only for speed.

My RBs have a total of 3 carries for 6 yards. :eek:

4. fuzzyl0gic

fuzzyl0gic No new friends

BYU will look a lot different in season 7. I'm going with BYU's playbook and trying out the spread. If you can't beat 'em, join 'em, right? It is the style that will be the most effective given my roster; I don't have a strong blocking FB and a HB who can run between the tackles like last season.

QB C. Andrews will be given the reigns to start the season. He is 87 OVR with 88 speed, 89 acceleration, 89 btk, and 79/81 THP/THA. V. Mitchell will be the starting HB, and he is impossibly fast to be so big (94 speed, 6'5" 264 lbs.) The offensive line is very young this year, and I'm thinking whoever is at QB won't have much time in the pocket. The D is solid all-around, with the best secondary I've ever had. Should be an interesting year.

5. UofCWildcat

UofCWildcat Bear Down!

Those were mine last year! They are probably the same :p ugh... Well this is a bitch

UNLV finally has close to the talent to run an offense Coach Beardown (yeah officially changing the way i address myself here on account BakerWildcat is here) loved to run in his old days.

[​IMG]
    THE PISTOL!!!!!

The offense is predicated on a good running game and play action which helps a freshman QB who doesn't have a lot of experience and two 75 overall HB (tied for second best players on the team). Amir Harris gets the start this season but that is up for change and could change real fast. The defense is now transitioning to the tradition 4-3 instead of having a multiple defense so that they have an identity themselves. Also recruiting coach of last season has been fired and we rehired an old friend of Coach Beardown to hopefully help the team recruiting a better class with as much talent as is interested in the Rebels. Should be a good season!

6. Oshiomogho

Oshiomogho Donnie Darko

i hate the pistol so much! its like a gay shotgun. its just annoying, doesnt allow me to set up runs and isnt a shotgun so its stupid. my friend and I used to make fun of it all the time when he rolled with mizzou

do what you do. I hate the option too but that doesnt mean it cant be successful

7. UofCWildcat

UofCWildcat Bear Down!

This was short lived when realizing i don't have an oline...

8. fuzzyl0gic

fuzzyl0gic No new friends

Same thing happened to me last year. You get no time.