A Michigan Season

Discussion in 'Thread Archive' started by Philstyle3005, Nov 7, 2011.

1. Philstyle3005

Philstyle3005 Walk On

Michigan Wolverines 10-4 (7-2)

Awards: Mike Martin DT 1st Team All American and 1st Team B1G

Denard Robinson QB 2nd team B1G
    Craig Roh LE 2nd team B1G
    Kenny Demens MLB 2nd team B1G
    Courtney Avery CB 2nd team B1G
    Will Hagerup P 2nd team B1G

A look back at the Michigan season will show that a coaching change is what saved the Michigan season. When the change was made, Michigan was struggling to become bowl eligible. After the change, Michigan didn't lose a game and ended up being the Big Ten Champions after knocking off #1 Wisconsin then went on to win the Orange bowl by beating #3 Boise St. A huge turn around, and with a team full of underclassmen, it will come down to what these underclassmen decide to do. The two main Juniors are Denard Robinson and Roy Roundtree.

Denard Robinson QB- 140-265 2223 yrds 19 TD 15 INT 134 rushes 489 yards 8 TD

Denard had a solid season before injuring himself for the season one week prior to the conference championship, but I'm not sure if it was solid enough for him to move onto the NFL. And this injury, of course, could put things in a different perspective for him. A lot of people don't believe he can play QB in the NFL, and he most likely needs to come back for his senior season to prove them wrong. He saw with a coaching change how much more efficient he became. Just imagine if he had a whole year to prove himself. If Denard comes back, look for him to be a huge part of the Michigan offense and for him to have a spectacular season. It remains a big if.

Roy Roundtree WR- 36 rec 793 yrds 6 TD 6 rushes 29 yrds 1 TD 19 KR 575rds 2 TD

Roy Roundtree was suppose to be a big impact for the Michigan offense, but he turned in a very mediocre season. He seemed to really come alive after the coaching change, but is that enough for NFL scouts to believe in him? Roy's play of the year was the kick return for the win in the B1G championship game to upset Wisconsin. If he returns for his senior season, he will be the main target of the offense and hopefully will produce a lot more than he did this season.

Overall, Michigan had a very successful season. A BCS bowl win is always a great way to cap off a season, and it's even better when you're beginning of the season doesn't look too great. Michigan will look to build off what they did this past year, and continue to have success in the upcoming seasons. A recruiting class still isn't finished, but so far it looks promising.

Turning Point- Beating Nebraska. A game that had to be won for Michigan to have a shot at playing for the B1G championship. Michigan won that game by shutting the Nebraska run game down and forcing the Cornhuskers to pass the ball.

Biggest win- #1 Wisconsin. It's always nice to upset the #1 team, but it's a much bigger win when it's the last game of the season, and it's your conference championship. That game was also won by stopping the run and forcing the Badgers to pass. When you have two 1000 yard rushers on the team, of course you want to run the ball, but Michigan came up with some huge defensive stops that made that last kickoff return for the win possible. The most unbelievable part was probably pulling the win off without Denard Robinson. Gardner had a forgettable game, but as stated above, the defense came up with play after play.

* just something I felt like doing. Thought it'd be cool if others did something like this for their teams. Would be an interesting read for everyone.

• Like Like x 3
  2. Kasper

Kasper The Ghost Himself

Great job Philly, this why I like OD's on TSO.

I might do something like this after work unless i play cod.

3. The Natural

The Natural Public Enemy #1

Great writeup! That blue font is killing my old eyes though haha.