A New League, A New Landscape

Discussion in 'Chompion's League' started by Spayer419, Aug 10, 2015.

1. Spayer419

Spayer419 Walk On

Please take a second to read this message in it's entirety...

I) A Quick Aside:
    Chompions League is something that Jbek and I have been doing since NCAA 09. jandy and a few of our friends from back home joined us for NCAA 11 and it became a yearly tradition. For NCAA 13 Jandy and I brought CL to TSO for the first time, and with the help of guys like cyhiphopp and Antonio T. it quickly became one of the most organized and successful OD's on this site. We took that NCAA 13 dynasty 9 seasons, and in NCAA we played a solid 7. We fully intend to replicate this experience for CL 16, and are excited to have you along for the ride.

One of the reasons that I bring this up is because I will be using Ohio State on this file. This is not something new to the CL veterans, but I understand that it might raise some eyebrows from the rest of you. Ohio State football is one of my biggest passions, and playing with the Buckeyes is what makes me so passionate about running Chompions League. I hope that you all can understand this.

One of the things we're doing on this file is creating a new landscape for college football. This is a 2-year-old game, on an old system, without a college football playoff mode. We wanted to do something to keep it fresh. With that in mind, Jandy and I decided that we would shake up the conferences - and without further ado - here's what we've come up with.

The "Big Ten"
    The Rose Division
    Ohio State Spayer419
    Penn State jandy
    Notre Dame cyhiphopp
    USC jandy
    Oregon cyfan13
    UCLA
    Michigan
    Michigan State

The Cotton Division
    Nebraska
    Oklahoma
    Texas
    TCU
    Okie State
    Baylor
    Iowa
    Wisconsin

Conference Championship game will rotate between Rose & Cotton Bowl

The "SEC"
    The Orange Division
    Florida Rhight
    Florida State KnightNoles
    Miami Antonio T.
    Clemson ISUCubswin
    Virginia Tech guitarDADDY1208
    Georgia Ben
    Virginia
    Georgia Tech

The Sugar Division
    Alabama
    Auburn
    LSU
    Tennessee
    Ole Miss
    Mississippi State
    Texas A&M
    South Carolina

Conference Championship game will rotate between Orange and Sugar Bowl

II) Here's the plan...

I am setting Wednesday August 19th as the start date for the dynasty. This will give everyone a week and a half to better familiarize themselves with their roster, create playbooks, ect.

In the meantime, I need you to confirm your spot by posting in this thread, and then I need you to stay active this next week and a half. Post a preview story for your team, do a write up about your conference ... something. Let's breathe some life into this forum!

Most importantly - please keep an eye out for an upcoming thread about the rules and regulations for the upcoming file. As the CL vets know, I try to put some restrictions in place just to balance everything out - and i'm currently looking into things like coaching trees (specifically related to scouting), players leaving early, recruiting, redshirt restrictions, speed restrictions for converting athletes to QBs and more. I will lean heavily on Jandy and Cy for these regulations, but value everyone's opinion. I'll be posting a thread with some of my preliminary ideas within the next day or so.

Looking forward to an extremely fun file with all of you, please let me know if you have any questions or concerns (y)

Last edited: Aug 13, 2015
    • Like Like x 2
  2. jandy

jandy Walk On

Really looking forward to getting this started with you guys. I think Spayer did a great job of setting up the conferences, and that will only help with the competitiveness of the league.

What kind of plans do you have for any OOC user games?

• Like Like x 1
  3. Spayer419

Spayer419 Walk On

Minimal, maybe one a year for the entire league. Already a lot of user action as is

4. cyhiphopp

cyhiphopp Walk On

ALL IN!

I like the computer divisions. Should give us some schedule variety from year to year in our cross-division games.

I'm really looking forward to getting started. Will we have preseason up before the 19th or is that the preseason date?

5. cyfan13

cyfan13 Walk On

Confirmed

• Like Like x 2
  6. cyhiphopp

cyhiphopp Walk On

Thanks for joining us, Duck Boy!

7. guitarDADDY1208

guitarDADDY1208 Walk On

Can't wait I miss playing NCAA in a league setting.

• Like Like x 2
  8. Antonio T.

Antonio T. Walk On

I'm in....

• Like Like x 1
  9. Ben

Ben Walk On

I would love to get back into this thing. Been a long while. For some reason I decided to check this site today and what luck.

• Like Like x 2
  10. cyhiphopp

cyhiphopp Walk On

Awesome. What team are you interested in?
    If they fit into the conference setup above, that would be great, but I think we could fit in another team if you want.

11. Ben

Ben Walk On

Also which roster file from OS are you using for the OD? Want to make sure I'm using the same one that way I can pick a team that works for me. Leaning towards Wisconsin now. Haven't followed college ball that much this offseason so I'm not sure who the best players are going into this season.

12. cyhiphopp

cyhiphopp Walk On

Probably safe to go with the most current file from the PS3 group project. Looks like vikesfan059 has the most current version.

13. Ben

Ben Walk On

Ok cool. I'll look over the teams real quick and pick a team

• Like Like x 1
  14. Ben

Ben Walk On

Just checked teams out. I'm going to go with Wisconsin.

• Like Like x 1
  15. Jbek

Jbek Walk On

Wow let me tell you how good it feels to be back. Im in, Penn State as always. Seems like Jandy is holding the spot down for me :p . But yes, looking forward to building the program back up.

• Like Like x 1
  16. Spayer419

Spayer419 Walk On

I would personally prefer to keep all the users in two divisions, which would max us at 5 user games per year. Does anyone think that's too much?

17. cyhiphopp

cyhiphopp Walk On

I think we should be able to make it work. The whole fun of doing the online dynasty is playing against other users. We could throttle the CPU by ouselves.

We all just have to be proactive about setting a time for our user games.

18. jandy

jandy Walk On

I'm all for more user games, as I think that is what will drive the competition in this league. Anybody can take down the CPU, but the true test is against another person. Championships will really feel earned if you're able to beat 3, 4, maybe even 5 users in a single season. This also provides more instances to cultivate user/user rivalries, which I think is what, at its core, keeps this league going strong.

Also, there were years that a PAC 12 user quit, leaving myself with only 2 or 3 user games, while the other conferences still had their normal amount. Personally speaking, I don't really care about CPU victories, it's all about the competition of playing another person that really excites me about moving into Year 1 with the reboot. Just my 2 cents there.

As for OOC user games, I'm all for axing those for Year 1 and seeing how we like it. However, if there are users that would like to play a cross conference user game, even though it'll give them one more user game than everyone else, I'm okay with that too. Six user games is a little too much for me personally, but if both parties agree to have an extra game, sure why not lol

• Like Like x 1
  19. jandy

jandy Walk On

If anyone would like to schedule a user game this week to get some practice with their new team, I'd love to play.
    We could start an online dynasty, use the new rosters, and set up a week 1 game.

20. Rhight

Rhight Walk On

I'm in, would also love having a groupme chat for this league. Can't wait for the 19th

• Agree Agree x 1
  21. cyhiphopp

cyhiphopp Walk On

Yep, we had a groupme before and it was really helpful for communication

• Like Like x 1
  22. cyhiphopp

cyhiphopp Walk On

Can you guys post your emails and or phone numbers? Then we can add you to the groupme.
    Thanks!

23. cyhiphopp

cyhiphopp Walk On

We could also use them for the contacts page

24. Rhight

Rhight Walk On

• Like Like x 1
  25. Spayer419

Spayer419 Walk On

cyhiphopp or jandy ... i'm travelling for work today, can one of you get the GroupMe up and running?