a New Tradition

Discussion in 'Thread Archive' started by GSUtiger, Oct 21, 2010.

1. GSUtiger

GSUtiger GEAUX TIGERS!!

[​IMG]
    Week 14 brings us a New Tradition in Cream of the Crop. This is the first season we will have a game in week 14. It has usually been a bye week for all teams. During the offseason the powers that be thought of the idea to have 1 game during this week. Every year the teams will switch.
    For the First Ever Week 14 game we have Auburn lead by Coach Ego traveling to North Carolina to face Coach RTP.
    This will be coach Ego's 3rd game in CoC as he took over the Auburn Tigers in Wk 12. He came into the league facing a hard road to end the season with 2 of his 3 games being against other users. His Tigers are looking to bounce back in a big way from their defeat in Iron Bowl. They are lead by Sr. Michael Dyer at RB who has rushed for over 1400yds this season and 18TDs on the ground.
    Coach RTP comes into this game undefeated and looking to make a statement to the BCS powers that his team deserves to be in the NC Game. He is coming big win against VA Tech to go undefeated in ACC play. He is also looking to become the first 2 time NC winner in the '11 version of the game in CoC. UNC is lead by star QB Bryn Renner who has thrown for over 2700yds and 21TDs while only throwing 8INTs this season.
    This should be a great game to end the regular season. I will ask that G-Unit add to the CoC History Book the wk 14 game winner/loser and score to go along with all other history in the league. Good luck to both Coaches and their teams.

2. Iron Mickey

Iron Mickey I'd take her out for some casadias

Great post GSU. I will add this Annual Game to the history thread today.

Good luck to both teams.

3. runthepound

runthepound Get on the Bus!

I am honored to be playing in the innaugural week 14 contest. This should be a fun game. Looking forward to it!

4. DrunkenSoldier

DrunkenSoldier Luck Of The Irish

i predict UNC wins in a tight game 28-24

5. egofailure

egofailure Sim habits die hard!

G', great post/preview! I feel blessed to have joined this group just in time to potentially ruin another member's perfect season! ; ) Run', I'll give you my best shot ... so that way if you're victorious, the doubters will have nothin' left to say. I really don't have much to lose, so I might play a little more aggressive than usual. ; ) Haha, best of luck (not!).

6. Iron Mickey

I am taking Auburn on the road!

UPSET ALERT!!!!!!

27-24 Auburn......to hell with the Tar Heels!!

7. GSUtiger

GSUtiger GEAUX TIGERS!!

RTP has a tough slate tonight big game vs Auburn then the ACC Championship game. That's tough for any coach to play back to back user games on the same night

8. runthepound

Tough slate, but one I am looking forward to. I would rather play 10 user games than 1 cpu game....that is if my nerves could handle it.

9. Iron Mickey

Agree. It sucks when you lose a User game.....but there is so much more nerves [cursing] involved.....or if you lose to CPU Texas A&M....lol

10. GSUtiger

GSUtiger GEAUX TIGERS!!

Nerves?? my nerves will be worst than they were for the FSU game i had this year. A win in this game would be my first Conference Championship in CoC. That would also mean that my Terps are on their way. The move to a more wide open Offense has helped my team out alot this season

11. King_CEPS_11

King_CEPS_11 Walk On

Hmm this should be an interesting matchup, but I think RTP wins it 28-17.

12. mizzourah2006

mizzourah2006 Walk On

Awesome idea. This way one game can get all the hype. Everyone is focusing on this one, instead of on their own games. RTP has a lot riding on this game, good luck to both. I think UNC stays focused and pulls out a close one.

13. egofailure

You didn't really think this would happen, did you? ; )

Whatever the case, you look like the freakin' genius in this thread.

14. JFunk34

JFunk34 Friends may come and go, but enemies accumulate.

Great win Ego.

15. egofailure

Thanks, man. Good luck tonight.

16. TeXasfight33

TeXasfight33 Walk On

great win ego, this is a great tradition start. Will we take a vote for next years game?

17. Iron Mickey

I am a genius!!

We can

18. TeXasfight33

TeXasfight33 Walk On

that would be cool

19. jca312

jca312 Walk On

How about scheduling an even number of matchups between conferences? Like an ACC-Big XII-SEC Challenge. May be hard with the Florida rivalries that I know me, Texas, and Drunken want to preserve every year and the in-conference user games with rotating schedules, but it could be cool. SEC won this year winning 6 of their 9 games against the ACC and Big XII. The Big XII edged the ACC by .025 winning percentage going 2-3 in their Inter-Conference games to the ACC's 3-5 record. I think it would be fun to be able to crown one of the 3 User conferences champion every year, for bragging rights and whatnot, but mainly to shut Jerzey and all his ACC hate up!
    I'm not sure if this idea would be feasible, with rotating conference schedules and most of us a year into 2-year contracts already, but maybe we could start planning it for the future. We could put together a scheduling committee to take some of the logistical pressure off of G-Unit having to do the whole thing on his own.
    What do you guys think? Anyone interested in trying to hash out the details of this, or is this just too much work?

20. King_CEPS_11

King_CEPS_11 Walk On

I like this idea as well, and have been trying to think about ways to make it work, but I can't really see how it would work with everybody, just because with three conferences I think it would be hard to pull off.

Basically you would need to have a three team rotation. So to keep it simple all you would have to do is matchup the teams according to conference standings from the year before. So you would have SEC #1 (Florida) play @ ACC #1 and vs Big 12 #1 (OU/Missouri), then you would have SEC #2 (Bama) play @ ACC #2 (Maryland) and vs Big 12 #2 (OU/Missouri), and this would be the same for the top four teams in each conference, and you could settle who is home and away just by conference, so SEC would play @ all ACC and home against all Big 12. ACC would be @ Big 12 and home against SEC, then Big 12 would be @ SEC and home against ACC. Of course then you couldn't have ooc user rivalries such as UF-Miami, because you would already be at 4 user games. And then you could run into problems depending on how the conference schedules are, such as if somebody has 3 conference user games already. You could really do any three team rotation you wanted, and you wouldn't necessarily have to include every team but that is an example of what you could do.

21. King_CEPS_11

King_CEPS_11 Walk On

I like this idea also, like G-Unit, could post three matchups and then we vote on which one would be the week 14 game.

22. runthepound

I like this!

I like this!

23. Iron Mickey

better get to voting in here then. tell me what you think for next years week 14.

24. GSUtiger

GSUtiger GEAUX TIGERS!!

i like the idea

25. GSUtiger

GSUtiger GEAUX TIGERS!!

FSU/OU
    OK State/UF
    Terps/Mizzou
    Bama/UNC