A Public Appeal

Discussion in 'Thread Archive' started by The Dude, Dec 20, 2011.

1. The Dude

The Dude Professor of Dudanomics

Guys,

I gotta say it ... I hate my team. I mean, I'm loaded and all, and I'm a contender in a big way, but I hate my team. I've tried to channel my inner Tommy Tuberville, but I just can't do it.

I joined the SEC to bring a little balance, and I went to the West to balance the conference for Easy. Now, I would like to ask folks if they might be able to endure one more change. Please note - I am asking only. I do not expect anything.

I'd like to propose some options. Here they are in order of my favorite on down:

1. I return to Notre Dame. I take over the coach that already bears my name. Now, the CPU lost several of my top guys, so I won't be as good as I was last year, but I'd feel like I was home again. If this happened, I would preserve the User game with Smooth, and I would take a sim or two of your choosing for upsetting the user game balance somewhat. Notre Dame has not yet played.

2. If the SEC thing is a must have, I could go to Georgia. I like the Bulldogs, and I'd get to play easy every year. I would take over as Mark Richt, who is a B+ prestige guy. Georgia has not yet played. LSU and SC are on the schedule.

Up to you guys. I can run with Auburn, but I'm just not a fan of the SEC, particularly the West. I asked for Florida when I was first going to change, but I didn't want to take a loaded six star if I hadn't already built one.

Thanks guys. I'll wait and see what u guys think.

2. carolinaeasy

carolinaeasy Walk On

I have no problem with either choice. I lose to UGA just about every year any way so if you come over I have a chance. I just worry about what happens when you aren't happy after the move? You need to make sure you have the team you want because you move around more than Bobby Petrino.

• Like Like x 1
  3. Goose

Goose Walk On

Would coming back to the Buckeyes after the season help. You love them as much as I, and this was your team. I'm pretty sure you won't be completely happy until you're back on the sidelines in Columbus. I can make a move after the season to help.

4. egofailure

egofailure Sim habits die hard!

Goose, you read my mind. I was going to respond to this post this AM, but was running late for work.

This happens every year. Arch' gives up his favorite team to his boy and then roams the college football world aimlessly in search of a new home. Not only does he end up switching teams as often as a schizophrenic Bill Parcells, but he'll also go from running the spread, to prostyle, to the fleXbox One in one season.

Any chance we can turn this thread into a Archie roast? ;-)

• Like Like x 1
  5. bdub

bdub Walk On

Arch is just scared to play me or something :p

Do what you need to do, if that means changing teams go for it.

6. BigSmooth33

BigSmooth33 Walk On

I'm open to bringing Archie back up north so I can kick his ass on a regular basis :mad:

7. The Dude

You ball busting sonsabeeches. :)

You guys are right - I do bounce around constantly. I can say this - I'm an OSU guy who also roots for ND. I don't need to be the Buckeyes. I play them offline.

In my own defense - the move was more for balance than anything else. I did it because we added a B1G team, and I didn't want to load up that conference and leave the SEC with only one team. I should have asked if anyone else was willing to do that first.

Now that we have another SEC team, I think we could survive a team playing as ND. The SEC doesn't "need" me, so to speak. I figure it's better to be happy and be the target of your jokes (which, by the way, I totally deserve) than take one for the team and hate my guys. I like not having a conference. I like having flexibility in the schedule to play any number of teams (this also helps with scheduling for everyone) and being able to go to almost any bowl. And I like the Irish.

To Goose - thanks. I don't need the move, but if the Buckeyes come open because you want a change (I think you play OSU in two leagues now, right?) then I wouldn't turn them down, but I'm happy with the Irish, and I was in the middle of building them just how I want them to be when I left. I think the best thing for me to do it go back to ND, and then let the landscape fill in with new members, who I will be actively recruiting very soon. Best to let a real SEC fan help fill out the conference. I just can't find the love.

So fire away - the dude abides.

8. The Dude

We shall see.

9. The Dude

Night games in Baton Rouge are sure going to be tough going forward, but I think I could find my way over and test that theory :)