A question for you sliders gurus

Discussion in 'The Experience' started by jello1717, Nov 10, 2009.

1. jello1717

jello1717 "Those who stay will be champions." -- Bo

Jun 21, 2009
    A question for you sliders gurus

I have a question for you sliders gurus. Does skill level (varsity vs. All American) affect QB accuracy? In our OD, over the 1st 2 years, I have thrown 40 TD passes to only 21 INTs. Forcier has accounted for 30 TDs vs. 11 INTs.

In my offline dynasty, I play on All American, but I think my passing sliders are close to what we have in our OD (IE. QB accuracy, WR catching, and CPU pass defense). I'm at work so I can't check the sliders, but I think they're close. Through almost 4 years, my TD/INT ratio is 62/69 with Forcier sitting at 37/34 (he was only 23/26 through his 1st 3 years).

Do you think this glaring difference (1.9 TD/INT in our OD vs. 0.89 TD/INT in my offline) could be mainly because of the skill level difference? I'm not going to change it as I've gotten decent game results (30-9 record through 3 seasons before going 8-0 so far in my 4th vs. going undefeated against the CPU in the OD) but I can't understand why I have a 3:1 TD/INT ratio with Forcier here, but have had to put together a good senior season to get him above a 1:1 ratio in my offline dynasty.
  2. Basis4aDay56

Basis4aDay56 Walk On

Feb 22, 2009
    Good question. It might, it might not. I honestly have no idea.

I think this would also be a good place to talk about slider adjustments for next season.

One would be to lower user QB accuracy 5 pts. Looking through the stats, the top guys (Nesbitt, Clausen, Brantley) are killing it with TD:INT ratio. Looks like Foursear isn't doing so badly, either. This isn't unrealistic. What is unrealistic is that the middle half (25% to 75% on the bell curve) is doing too well. I think a slight bump down on user QB accuracy is a good start.

I don't really have any other issues right now.
  3. wildcatter78

wildcatter78 Walk On

Mar 28, 2009
    I agree that the QB accuracy needs to be toned down a bit.
  4. Shaun Mason

Shaun Mason Somebody you used to know.

Feb 9, 2009
    Featured Threads:
    Haha, my starter for most of the year was like 45% accurate, LOL.
  5. DatNDaz

DatNDaz Walk On

Feb 21, 2009
    We played most of our first season on AA. We were getting good results but the problem was that most of our struggles on offense were due to QBA that made QB's extremely inconsistent and inaccurate. Clausen was missing guys by 10 yards and the passing game felt way out of control. It wasn't fun/effective to throw, basically.

That said, I'd be up for more of a challenge. My guess is that you get better CPU AI on AA. So AA with sliders would be fine by me, but I don't want to cripple the passing game. I can't remember where our sliders were for AA, but it seems like QBA at 15 was ok, but at 10 it was too wild. If that's the case, I'd say let's put it at 15 (or whatever that number was) and then jack up the CPU D.

Jello, do you mind posting your AA sliders? Maybe we could also find a good set of AA sliders from one of the other TF leagues.