a random note...

Discussion in 'Thread Archive' started by vatechhokie01, Sep 1, 2010.

1. vatechhokie01

vatechhokie01 Anglican Priest and Beer-snob

a random note...

for all of you crazies...the apparently now annual Nike Pro Combat unveil (I like to call it the like Pro Combat Shitshow) is happening at 10am (online). Ive seen a pick of VTs new ones and all I have to say is...yikes. like...yikes.

2. JustASample

JustASample Walk On

online where? Can you post a link?

3. Goose

Goose Walk On

4. Goose

Goose Walk On

5. JustASample

JustASample Walk On

nice, thanks!

6. Goose

Goose Walk On

7. Goose

Goose Walk On

The Tide has houndstooth design in the numbers and helmet stripe. Other than that it looks the same otherthan a flag on the right sleeve.

8. carolinaeasy

carolinaeasy Walk On

Alabama and Miami have looked sweet

9. carolinaeasy

carolinaeasy Walk On

mike irvin touches way too much butt

10. Goose

Goose Walk On

The model must have had an 8ball up his ass. lol

11. Goose

Goose Walk On

So what are everyone's ideas on these unis?

12. mmullen8

mmullen8 Walk On

i like some of them. the ohio state ones are god awful and so are Miami, but the TCU was is really cool

13. Goose

Goose Walk On

I really liked the Miami ones. I like the Bronze Star on the helmets. I really like what Pitt and WVU are doing.

14. Goose

Goose Walk On

Key design details from the uniforms include:
    • Alabama: Houndstooth check pattern incorporated into the uniform in tribute to legendary coach Paul “Bear” Bryant.
    • Boise State: Reflective, Game Royal Bronco head on the uniform echoes the famed blue turf of Bronco stadium.
    • Florida: Alligator-skin motif used in the jersey numbers, pant, gloves and footwear inspired by menacing Gator mascot.
    • Miami: Tonal Fir palm-frond print emblematic of South Florida incorporated into the jersey numbers, pant and footwear.
    • Ohio State: Stylized script numbers, a replica U.S. flag on the jersey sleeve and the camouflage-print base layer honor the WWII-bound Buckeyes, National Champions of 1942.
    • Oregon State: Retro design revives a look worn by the victorious 1967 “Giant Killers.”
    • Pittsburgh: Notched Team Gold jersey numbers and stencil stripe on the helmet evoke steel I-beams in reference to Pittsburgh’s steel industry.
    • TCU: Icy lizard-skin pattern used throughout the uniform inspired by the scaly body armor of TCU’s horned frog mascot and a memorable quote from celebrated coach Leo “Dutch” Meyer.
    • Virginia Tech: All-black uniform references the cadet gray-and-black regalia worn by Virginia Tech’s original football team and honors the school’s current Corps of Cadets.
    • West Virginia: A headlamp-like line running front-to-back on the helmet and smudged Black pattern on the uniform pay respect to the region’s coal mining industry.

The participating schools all rank in the preseason top 25. The teams plan to wear the uniquely designed uniforms for the games listed below and any other games they may determine at a later date: the University of Alabama (Nov. 13), Boise State University (Sept. 6), University of Florida (Oct. 30), University of Miami (Nov. 20), The Ohio State University (Nov. 27), Oregon State University (Dec. 4), University of Pittsburgh (Nov. 26), TCU (Sept. 4), Virginia Tech (Sept. 6) and West Virginia University (Nov. 26).

15. Goose

Goose Walk On

I definitely thought the VT ones were hideous.