A Request

Discussion in 'Thread Archive' started by Big D, Sep 28, 2010.

1. Big D

Big D Walk On

A Request

If possible I'd like to relinquish my duties of AFC President. A few main factors in this:

1) My time now has become much more limited than a few months ago. Whilte I still feel I can be a valuable member of this board, the AFC Rep position is one of the most intensive as far as having to monitor threads, scheduling, recruiting, etc. I'm not sure I can be as effective as I need to be currently.

2) The AFC Rep position needs to be a liason for owners in his respective conference. I don't feel like its fair to Sciko, Matt, and others that they have somebody representing them that they don't get along with. Its really becoming a drag.

3) Maybe I have been a little close minded with owner swaps, new owners ect. Or maybe I've been right in my stance. In either case I don't want to be a distraction for getting teams filled.....A distraction is what I feel I've become.

I'd like to continue on in my other board responsibilities if possible, I would just like to be replaced as the AFC Rep/President if that is okay with everybody.

Thanks,

Seth

2. natedawg212000

natedawg212000 New Orleans Saints

Lets talk dunlap, but if you feel your time as AFC rep is done then I respect that. You've been asking for a break and I've been trying to help you in any way possible. As far as you staying on the board, that's going to be a no go. If you don't have responsibilities here, then theres no reason to have you on the board. I respect your choice and I am very sad to see a dear friend leave the board, but you are one of our best owners and all I can say is I hope that you never decide to turn that in also. We would also like you to help us with our premier fees and monies that were turned in before hand. It would be more of a hassle to try and swap that over. BTW, what ever happened to the trophies and what not that we decided to get? I'll give you 24 hours to sleep on it and if I dont hear in other way I will begin replacing you on Thursday.

3. Big D

Big D Walk On

THe only thing I'm asking to be relieved of is my afc rep spot. I will still have the rules committee, content coordinator, and I'll even switch bluebean or whoever takes my job as AFC rep with another responsibility.

All I am asking is to switch some responsibilities around. It's clear that I'm no longer the guy for the AFC rep spot. . .but like I said above I'd like to just swap responsibilities with somebody. Thought that would be a good solution to this.

4. Big D

Big D Walk On

I'll even propose an idea an a successor.....

I'll nominate Bluebean to replace me as AFC Rep. I will swap him the AFC Rep responsibilities with the head of the trade committee.

Any reason this wouldn't work?

5. Winuvas

Winuvas OMFL Jets

Has then been looked into by all parties involved?

6. natedawg212000

Dunlap, I am beyond hot right now about you talking to pepper about what was discussed in this board room. You have broken my confidence and this boards ability to share their true thoughts. We need to talk today. If what I am being told is true, then we will have to seriously look at ANY future duties of you being on our board. I never, never, in a million years expected YOU of all people to do that. That hurts man.

7. Big D

Big D Walk On

Nate and I already discussed this, but the ONLY thing I told pepper was that the board voted to not allow him back in. Not sure exactly what I am supposed to do there when the guy is asking me point blank on AIM "So I heard you and Nate aren't going to let me back in because somebody else on the board told me so."

Further, as I told Nate and Jeremy, I have Matt breathing down my neck on AIM and PM because two different board members told him I was trying to not allow him in here.

So I'm confused as to why there is a double standard????????????

Also I have asked for a simple request. . .to switch job responsibilities (AFC Prez for Trade Committee) with Bluebean. I am a little flummoxed as to why that can't happen, if bluebean is interested that is.

8. Jeremy

Jeremy The ONLY 2 time OMFL CHampion!!!!

I had one conversation with Matt and that was to award him the Bills. He was already aware of the reason he was being black-balled from the OMFL.

I DID NOT leak any conversation that took place in this board room. I simply asked him to PM you and try to put you guys issues behind youll. Thats it.

I am hear to play football and do what I can to help this league run smoothly. I have no interest in lieing to or deceiving people.

For me to ask Matt to message you(which you asked me to do), I had to confirm that you indeed had an issue with him.

In the future, things like this need to be handled immediately instead of being swept under the rug. Cause when that happens, the problem only festers and causes more problems in the log run.

9. Big D

Big D Walk On

Thats what I am saying Jeremy. I did nearly the exact same thing with Pepper. I am very confused as to why there is talk about booting me from the board when I do it, but when you and Frisk do it with Matt its not an issue. That's where I'm pretty darn confused.

10. Jeremy

I did not got to Matt unsolicited to tell him what someone said in the board room as you did with Pepper. All Pepper should have been told was that the board ruled against him being allowed ownership. 100% the truth.

I went to Matt to award him an open team. The stipulation(which you set) was that Matt had to go to you to resolve the issue. How can I deny an issue that I am asking him to resolve?

You have created this mess.

11. Big D

Big D Walk On

Explain how I have created a mess? I DID NOT go unsolicited to Pepper. He came to me freaking out that he got wind that he wasn't being allowed back in. I told Pepper "The board voted against you coming back in".

Those were my exact words.

There is a double standard here.

12. Big D

Big D Walk On

Talking to Jeremy on AIM. Apparenty I wasn't clear that I am NOT saying Jeremy did anything wrong. What I am saying is I did the exact thing Jeremy did but I am being accused to doing something wrong when he did not. Neither of us did anything wrong. We were responding to questions guys were asking us.

Is anybody willing to step up to the AFC Rep spot? I want to switch out of this position and need a guy who is willing to do it.

13. Winuvas

Winuvas OMFL Jets

I can do it interim until we get someone in here to do it.

Unless someone wants to go get it.

14. natedawg212000

Dunlap we need to get this done, did you talk to bluebean? i am not really cool with it, but we need to get it done if its gonna get done. if blue doesnt want to step up and do that then we need to replace you, one way or the other let me know.

15. natedawg212000

this is the kinda crap that drives me insane. dead in the water i guess. wth is going on with this?!?!

16. Winuvas

Winuvas OMFL Jets

If Bruce were to take over the Jets, could he not then step into the AFC President spot?

That would leave you an NFC spot for NFC President. I'm trying to think of where board members are in relation to the AFC/NFC....

Dunn is Bengals
    Dave is Giants
    Jeremy is Colts
    Dunlap is Jags
    Bruce is Rams (now)
    Bluebean is Chiefs
    Wajy is Cowboys

Who am I forgetting? I'll feel bad afterwards. I didn't include Nate cause he's commish.

17. saintsdave75

saintsdave75 Walk On

Is Claven or Weblink still part of the board? Claven at least is still listed as a moderator. Oh, and Frisk is on the board, right?

18. Winuvas

Winuvas OMFL Jets

DOH. I knew I'd forget someone.

Claven and Web are no longer board members I don't think.

Sorry Frisk. Nothing meant by it! (y)

19. saintsdave75

saintsdave75 Walk On

how are the team switches decided anyway?

20. Jeremy

Respective NFC & AFC reps. decide on team changes. In this case maybe Nate will have to decide due to us not having an active AFC rep.

21. Big D

Big D Walk On

Now hold up. I never said I would just 'quit' the position. I want to be switched out of it, yes...but I would never leave you high and dry.

If you saw the vacation thread, I'm in California until Thursday with just my cell phone.

Luckily, I was able to check it before you guys booted me from the board or something! Can we wait until I'm back to figure this out? If Blue or some other AFC Board member wants to switch responsibilities I'm all for it tho.

22. Bluebean

Bluebean Kansas City Chiefs

Sorry that I haven't chimed in with this topic in the Board Room. I realize that I need to leave AIM alone and read all the posts inside the Board Room. I am honored to be considered as the AFC President first of all. I'm glad you guys value my stability in the OMFL.

But, I'm sorry I won't be able to step up and take on a more demanding position than I have right now. I've actually been using the last couple weeks of my vacation time at work since this is my last chance of the calendar year. I'll be working plenty of extra 12 hour shifts of overtime from now through the new year at the Oil Refinery to cover all the senior operators' vacations on other shifts for the rest of the year.

I will still play my games fast, do the Weekly schedule update, and do the Bluebean's Playoff Picture 3 or 4 times per season. Nothing will change in that regard but I just can't do anything more.

I wish Dunlap would stay in place since he does a great job. We need to think of a plan here.

23. BRUCE80

BRUCE80 Let the dirt just shower over you..

I can handle the afc if need be. I can also handle the nfc.

Doesnt matter. Lets finish this up and move on.

24. natedawg212000

bruce take the afc, ill find a new nfc and since blue is staying that means theres no spot for dunlap. dunlap when you get back lets talk, because there is now no room.

25. Big D

Big D Walk On

So let me get this straight....

Let's say I had decided to stay as AFC rep. When Bruce mad the move to the Jets either he or I would have had to leave the board because there now was 'no room' because either he or I would have had to give up our conference rep position???

If you want me out of the board just say it. I do not understand why I can't take on a different responsibility tho. Somebody is going to have to take the NFC rep spot. Whoever does that, why don't I just take on one of their old responsibilities (Trade committee, etc?)

I have been on this board longer than anybody but Jeremy....Its very frustrating to me when I ask for a simple swap of responsibilities and it turns into a full blown "stay or leave" thing.