A Review: User Game Etiquette

Discussion in 'Thread Archive' started by egofailure, Aug 29, 2010.

1. egofailure

egofailure Sim habits die hard!

A Review: User Game Etiquette

I know we have a lot going on right now with the advance of TDL after a week-long delay and the start of TDL2 goin' down tonight. Still, when you guys get a chance, I'd appreciate a run-down of the "do's and dont's" of user play. I've read player complaints online before, but I've never played another person over the PS3 before (aside from MW2).

Most things seem to be common sense, but it can't hurt to be proactive and cover our bases. The glitch/cheese bullshit is obvious and should never be an issue even against the CPU, but if there's anything else that bears mentioning, please post it here.

2. Goose

Goose Walk On

In other leagues, I've had guys instantly drop the QB back 5-10 extra yards so the rush can't get to them no matter what. It also buys a bunch of time to find the open guy. It pisses me off so much. I think unless it's a designed rollout or screen the QB should stay in the pocket.

3. JustASample

JustASample Walk On

agreed... what i do is not control my QB right after the snap. I let the CPU drop my QB back. I only control the QB after i've looked down field and determined i have nothing.. I get sacked like 4 times a game by the cpu (which sucks) but that is realistic

4. Goose

Goose Walk On

agreed.

5. brucebond

brucebond Walk On

ya, i manually take a 3-5 step drop.

6. carolinaeasy

carolinaeasy Walk On

The one I hate, and it was used against me before by in a user-user game is the constant dump into the flats to a runningback. Your LBs cannot get there in time to cover it and it forces you to cover the man manually or with a de in the flats. It leads to unsim like play and is an unbalancer. When this started to occur, I simply added it to my playbook and started dumping to a hb at least once a drive, which was considerably less than my opponent.

7. Archie Griffin

Archie Griffin Walk On

This can be an issue, but it's also a part of the game. I think overuse is the problem. If a guy throws out there, that's one thing, but if he throws out there all the time, that's another. Plus, a little cover 2 zone typically solves this. Leave a CB in the flat, and you can stop this, even pick it off now and again. You can even do it with a cover 3 if you spread the backers before the snap. They'll get there. Also, a DE contain camps out the ends in the throwing lanes, and the QB will throw right at them. It has counters, but it's still pretty cheesy.

8. carolinaeasy

carolinaeasy Walk On

I hated to play zone because it took my deep help away, which is what he looked for. When I say he did it alot, the hb had 12 catches in the ball game and not one was a screen pass.
    I pass to the HB but I set it up and wait for it late.

9. Archie Griffin

Archie Griffin Walk On

Now that's bad. No questions about it.