A scouting Alternative--Finding the field

Discussion in 'NCAA Football' started by TryHardNation, Mar 3, 2013.

1. TryHardNation

TryHardNation Texas Gang or Die

May 14, 2012
    For NCAA scouting, what do you think of a method where you could choose to either scout a specific player (ie watching film in office) or tell your scout to go to a specific area to scout and instead of finding out a lot about one prospect, you find smaller, less accurate bits about multiple prospects. It would be like saying to your scout "I want you to attend the games that have the most D1 prospects playing in the Dallas area and find me some guys that you like as players". This would allow you to find a field of potential players you could try to recruit and work even better if you had a Junior Class of high schoolers. It would allow multiple prospects per school.

Another layer could be hiring your scouts and their accuracy and ability to find players is better but they are more expensive or even assigning your D-Coordinator or O-Coordinator and even position coaches to specific regions.

Apr 24, 2012
    I like the assigning coordinators and position coaches, maybe two or 3 scouts to complete the grouping, be about 11-12 total scouts. Of course this works well if instead of a state, they break states into regions.

What about assigning a coach/scout a region and the ability to focus on certain players in that region i.e. visiting/watching their high school practice. Still wouldn't get exact ratings, but improved ratings. I also believe that should correspond to recruiting, as recruits take notice of schools that send people to scout them over and over.