A thought ?

Discussion in 'Zeros to Heroes' started by Sabo, Nov 15, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Sabo

Sabo Z2H Commish

Hey guys i was thinking of how to streamline us a little bit and here is something that i think will help.

On our recaps alot of us put in alot of work, but some of us dont really have the time to put alot of thought into a recap and still participate in casual conversation on the boards. So here is my thought.

Instead of writing a recap we could use a screen shot program to take a screen shot from the dynasty wire

Example of how a recap should look
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    This kind of recap takes about 2 minutes top. I figure it will help us throw a recap up and still be able to spend time on the boards and enjoy it. This may also help out with some of the guys who dont do well writing a long recap.

Anyways this is just a thought. Im trying to think of ways to improve us and keep us going strong.

If you guys are on board with this let me know.

I can post a "How to Guide"
    and i can get you guys the program you would need to take snap shots like the one i took above.

"How to Guide"
    1. Get a program that takes screen shots - I use "Snag It" . I have the version for Windows and i can pm you guys a link to the program.
    2. After you have "Snag It" installed go to the Dynasty Wire.
    3. Open up your story to say the "First Picture I have posted"
    4. Then Open up "Snag It" , select the "Region area", this enable you to drag across the picture you want, then hit the "Red Capture Button at the bottom right of the program" , then drag your mouse over the picture you want.
    5. When you finished dragging over the picture simply release the mouse button.
    6. Snag it will then open back up and show you your picture.
    7. If the picture looks good enough for you then hit the save button.
    8. Next step is go to http://imageshack.us/ and find your picture and upload it
    Then just post it in our threads and Thats It
    This is really simple once you get the hang of it. It takes me about 2 min to do a recap in this fashion.
    Once again this is just another acceptable way to do a recap. I figured this would help out alot of us guys who may not have time to do an in depth article. For those of you who dont want to do this please feel free to do the style recap you like.
    Whats your thoughts ?

2. the_rhinoceros

the_rhinoceros Walk On

Yeah. I think they key is letting people do whatever they feel comfortable doing.

Definitely post a how-to guide, please.

3. Sabo

Sabo Z2H Commish

I added the how to guide in my original post. I just thought this would help guys out on time and would free everyone up. That way we can spend more time getting back to bs'n and building our brotherhood ;)

4. Zikry

Zikry Walk On

Yea this is a good addition, and thanks for the how to guide! Will def save time for those who aren't comfortable writing a full recap of their game and hopefully will add to the contribution else where!

Thanks sabo

5. Sabo

Sabo Z2H Commish

I will send out a pm shortly with a download link for snag it for you windows users

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.