A. Winfield moved to SS

Discussion in 'TMFL' started by CWT 3000, Nov 19, 2011.

?

Should A. Winfield be allowed to move to SS from CB?

Poll closed Nov 26, 2011.
  1. Yes

80.0%
  2. No

20.0%
Multiple votes are allowed.
  1. CWT 3000

CWT 3000 Walk On

Would anyone be against me moving A. Winfield to SS? He's 34 yo and possibly retiring after this season, but Im hoping i can get one or two more year out of him when his contract expires. His attributes are listed below and I think at this point he plays more like a SS. He needs a big running start these days and I'm sure he'll regress after the season... if that matters.

[​IMG]

2. capp34

capp34 Say Hello to the Bad Guy!

FS maybe? Definitely not a SS at 180 pounds.

3. Keller

Keller The enemy of my enemy is my friend.

This is something we've talked about quite a bit. I don't know what I would put the "speed cap" at in order to allow people to do this, but in this case I'm okay with him moving to either position. Size means very little and he has 85blksh which is insane for a corner.

4. DC

DC Shake n Bake

Just saying if this is allowed....you know what I'm gonna do

5. Keller

The difference being that there is a speed cap and possibly an age cap on it.

Its been talked about before, not sure where we ended up on it, I'd have to look.

6. DC

DC Shake n Bake

If your gonna allow any you should allow all of them. Realistically, teams don't tell someone that you are to young and fast to play safety.

7. Keller

Thats not the reality of the league. We don't want to artificially devalue Safeties and allow ALL corners to play there - thats dumb.

IF we do it, there will be some stipulations.

8. DC

DC Shake n Bake

Obviously not to let my guy play there lol. We donthave These stips in HK, works out pretty good lol. Buts it's no biggie

9. Emmdotfrisk

Emmdotfrisk Working half days on my days off.

I'm cool with him at ss, look at detroits amari spievey as SS

10. CWT 3000

CWT 3000 Walk On

My main reason is that he has gotten so slow, that I'm only playing him now in nickel & dime formations. He plays more like a Safety/ LB with his crazy tackle attributes. I got the idea from the real life team doing this every Sunday... they try to put him in at nickel-dime formations as the slot guy to keep him close to the line and in certain cover-2 formations he played SS until he got hurt recently. Winfield is known as one of the best CB that can wrap-up and tackle the ball carrier.

• Like Like x 1
  11. BobJr

BobJr To each their own

Featured Threads:
    I don't have a problem with this at all. CBS sometimes have to play FS Irl. See the shitty Alan Ball

12. CWT 3000

CWT 3000 Walk On

Ya, we've had stipulations in the past. That's the reason I'm trying to put this through a league discussion. I think purposely putting a fast CB as SS is lame. I think a CB 's age, speed, and tackling attributes need to be considered. Right now Winfield plays like a prototypical SS. It's more common for older CB to make the switch in the NFL to SS/FS.

Just my .02 cents.

• Like Like x 1
  13. Hova

Hova Live Action. YiYiYi!

He is a SS in real life lol

and the only stipulation should be SPEED. If he wants to have a small safety thats his problem, the only advantage he could pull out of this would be if winfield is fast.. which he is not.

14. Keller

Like I said - the stipulations are to protect the value of safeties - so we need to make sure we aren't undercutting the safety market by just allowing any corner thats below a certain speed to move to safety permanently.

15. Emmdotfrisk

Emmdotfrisk Working half days on my days off.

Spivey was a slower cover corner at IOWA and he is small. Don't test me about Iowa sports hova! Lol

16. Hova

Hova Live Action. YiYiYi!

Ya he was a CB at Iowa but he has been playing SS for the lions all year haha