AA or Heisman Sliders?

Discussion in 'Thread Archive' started by HackGolfer, Jul 14, 2011.

?

Which slider set should we use?

1. SN's All-American Set

1 vote(s)
    14.3%
  2. IBO's Heisman Set

6 vote(s)
    85.7%
  3. Neither

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  1. HackGolfer

HackGolfer Administrator

There are two slider sets that I have always used from OS with great success. Silent Nature's AA Sliders and IbleedOrange's Heisman sliders.

I would like for everyone to try and test these two out and vote for which one you like more for us to use as our base set. As the league progresses, we can make adjustments as we see fit.

Let me know if you have any questions.

• Like Like x 1
  2. Koach Vonner

Koach Vonner Walk On

HackGolfer How big a difference is slow game speed to normal game speed? I like my RB hitting the hole fast and hard.

3. onaradio34

onaradio34 Tryin not to show how little I know bout anything

I'll try these out in a bit. So far I like how AA plays out more. Heisman has 2 things that irk the hell out of me.

1) The CPU gets their hands on a lot of balls. My first game (Utah vs cpu texas) I finished 14-34 passing and the CPU registered 17 pass deflections. Many were from lineman (notably the dt's) blowing past my linemen and tipping passes. Others were from the CPU using aggressive zones and swatting passes intended for targets 7-10 yards behind them. They aren't doing the super leaps from last year but they tend to slide a yard or 2 without taking a step when the animation starts. That's how they are making up the ground. Touch passes can solve the issue but you need more pocket time than the CPU gives you.

2) The CPU D goes hyper aggressive in the second half and 4th qtr of games. It may just be indicative of Boise St's 4-2-5 but they literally had every defender within 10 yards of the LOS the entire 4th qtr and ran press coverage every play. This was despite them leading 42-17 in the 4th.

4. HackGolfer

HackGolfer Administrator

It's really all about preference more than anything. Slow and Normal seemed to be the most realistic in 2011. I haven't had a chance to try anything but normal so far for 2012. Here is a crappy video that showed the difference in last year's game:

5. xx Vols xx

xx Vols xx Vol Nation

I will try both sets out tonight

6. onaradio34

Tried the first set out. Lost 41-10 to Texas as Utah. Defensively, I had no problems with the way the game played except I'd like to have a little more pass rush. There were 2 occasions where Gilbert had 5+ seconds to throw and all 5 rushers were still engaged with the same lineman. No block break and reset, just still in that initial engagement. They could run on me very effectively but the play calling hampers any ground success.

Offensively, I was just abused. Their DT's accounted for 17 tackles and harassed me into throwing 6 picks. The combo of pass rush and great coverage was just to much for me. I could pick up a first down here and there but sustaining a drive was next to impossible. Any minor mistake resulted in a drive killing play.

My RB ran for 94 yards on 24 carries with a long rush of 20 yards which is not too bad, but anytime Tex brought up the SS I had no prayer of getting anything.

7. Emmdotfrisk

Emmdotfrisk Working half days on my days off.

Thats what she said

• Like Like x 1
  8. HackGolfer

HackGolfer Administrator

Dang. Well we can make some tweaks as people see fit. Did you check to see what the DT's ratings were for Texas compared to your OLine?

9. onaradio34

Yeah, but the ratings shouldn't cause that type of domination. And it wasn't just them breaking blocks, my olineman seemed too dumbed down. For example:

[​IMG]

Here is a 3-man rush by TX where i have 4 guys to block 2 on the left side. The DE just blows right by my T and G without being touched. This only happened once or twice.

This one is what the rest of the game felt like:

[​IMG]

You can see my TE running a 3-4 yard option route where he has just began his break for a stop-route. TX already has 2 guys bearing down on me. The guy on the right has beat the Tackle and just thrown off the HB. That's 2 guys he's beat before my TE can run a 4-yard route. So, yes, Texas DT's should have solid games vs Utah, but that's a little tough to swallow.

10. HackGolfer

HackGolfer Administrator

Maybe its the Human Run Blocking that is causing that issue?

CPU Pass Rush of 15 versus a Human Pass Block of 50 seems like that shouldn't be happening every play. This also proves my point for the constant lovefest that video games and the media have for Texas.

• Like Like x 1
  11. onaradio34

I am purposely playing this matchup because I spent a lot of time in practice mode and played 3 full games with it. I am getting a sense of the interactions each player should have and where my strengths and weaknesses are. It's easier for me to compare the difference in the sliders keeping as little variables as possible.

Edit: this is a B+ offense vs a B+ defense.

12. Iron Mickey

Iron Mickey I'd take her out for some casadias

These sliders are like a slut in a whorehouse

all over the place

• Like Like x 1
  13. T2

T2 Smarter than your average bear!

change your name back to gunit.. this isnt a fuckin ciricus.... :)

• Like Like x 1
  14. Iron Mickey

Yeah but how good is the Human actually controlling the B+ Offense? ;)

Maybe you as the "User" are turning them from a B+ to a C-

Cause that B+ CPU is a pretty smart fucker...they got micro chips and shit!

15. onaradio34

I would agree with you if I were usering offensive lineman. Ah hell, I'll agree with you anyways. I stink!

• Like Like x 1
  16. Iron Mickey

haha

Just messin with ya bud.

17. onaradio34

Heisman game: Won 35-25. Eating my words on the heisman complaints above. Those sliders really took care of those issues. Enjoyable game on offense. Defensively, I was much more dominant than I think I should have been (20 rushes, 13 yards). I'll save my gushing so as i don't sound like I like them more because I won. Texas actually had them ball down 3 under 2 minutes left so it was close.

Has anyone else tried the heisman sliders?

18. BobJr

BobJr To each their own

Featured Threads:
    You damn right!

19. Emmdotfrisk

Emmdotfrisk Working half days on my days off.

I have played about 10 dynasty games on Heisman and like it much more than All American

• Like Like x 2
  20. controllerabuser

controllerabuser Purple People Eaters

I think CPU pass rush needs to be lowered to 55 on the heisman sliders.

21. HackGolfer

HackGolfer Administrator

Just played a game as Army versus UTEP. I won 23-20. Stats seem very realistic.

UTEP
    15-26, 187 yards, 2 TD passing
    20 att, 111 yards rushing

ARMY
    4-7, 98 yards, 1 TD passing
    45 att, 265 yards, 2 TD rushing

22. H22APWRD94

H22APWRD94 RG3 Bandwagon

I personally prefer 0 speed threshold. I liked the way it played when we used it in a couple leagues later in the year last year.

23. HackGolfer

HackGolfer Administrator

I bumped it down to 10 on the Heisman. Just had an ugly game versus Notre Dame with 4 fumbles. My speedy WR was able to get open more with that threshold bump.

Between the two, I think the Heisman set plays way better with some minor tweaks

24. bamagrad

bamagrad Back to Back British Amateur Champion

There goes my Hope for a winning season. Heisman sliders:(

25. Diddy81

Diddy81 Walk On

idc im down for whatever