AA Sliders?

Discussion in 'Thread Archive' started by controllerabuser, Oct 22, 2009.

1. controllerabuser

controllerabuser Purple People Eaters

AA Sliders?

What do you guys think about these? I read that they are pretty good. Anybody with some free time can check em out and let me know what's up.

Difficulty: All-American

User Skill:

Offense

QB Accuracy: 35
    Pass Blocking: 0
    WR Catching: 40
    RB Ability: 15
    Run Blocking: 0

Defense

Pass Coverage: 15
    Pass Rush: 60
    Interceptions: 0
    Rush Defense: 10
    Tackling: 20

CPU Skill:

Offense

QB Accuracy: 35
    Pass Blocking: 0
    WR Catching: 40
    RB Ability: 20
    Run Blocking: 0

Defense

Pass Coverage: 15
    Pass Rush: 65
    Interceptions: 0
    Rush Defense: 15
    Tackling: 20

2. Emmdotfrisk

Emmdotfrisk Working half days on my days off.

Yeah hack told us bout these, I would like to check em out....
    Here is the explanation on why the ratings are what they are/what they do/ect.

EXPLANATION

Thanks to the work by Bill over at Operation Sports he found that the sliders in Madden are animation triggers more than they are difficulty sliders. For years we have all complained about suction blocking, well Bill’s work found that the pass block and run block slider determined how far away a defender had to be before the offensive player would attempt to block him. The higher the setting the further away the blocking animation is started (suction blocking). Now once the block is engaged the pass rush slider determines how easily the defender can break the block.

Tackling works much the same way. The higher the slider the further away the tackle animation is started. Once the tackle animation is started the RB ability slider determines how well the ball carrier can break out of the tackle. Now in NCAA this also effects how quick the ball carrier moves as well. If you set it to 100 you will see the CPU ball carrier move quickly and erratically.

Pass coverage determines how quickly the defender reacts to the receiver, the higher the slider the quicker the defender will react to a receivers breaks in a route while in man coverage or how quickly a defender will pick up a receiver coming into his zone. It also determines how well a jam will work. The interception slider is self explanatory.

The QB accuracy slider and the WR catching slider work in combination with each other in that the WR catching slider determines more than just how often the WR will catch the ball. Starting at the LOS it will determine the WR’s ability to get off a jam, at the break it will determine how much of a separation the wide receiver will get in the break and then once a ball is thrown it will determine how aggressive the receiver will go after the ball and then catch the ball. The QB accuracy slider determines where the ball will be placed within an area; however it also seems to determine how often the QB will have a wild throw.

Now ratings play a part in all of this. Even with the pass block slider at zero and the pass rush slider at 100 if you have a good offensive lineman matched up against a poor defender he will still make the block.

In these sliders I have tried to make everything realistic. The amount of time you have until the pass rush gets to you, how the offensive and defensive line interacts in the running game and how quickly the defender reacts to a receivers break in a route were the big things I looked at.

3. controllerabuser

Yeah, I just played against Wisconsin in a cpu game. I mean it was unreal. I don't know what happened but nobody has done me that bad. Clay had like 300 something yards rushing. The offensive linemen would just plow my defenders down and I would get maybe 1 or 2 opportunites to tackle him 5-10 yards down the field. It was horrible. Not to mention this game was fucked because I had the wrong playbook. I need to switch it.

Anyways, I didn't bring up the sliders just because of this game. I was just letting you guys know what others have found to like. I'll try to get some practice games in with these.

4. Diddy81

Diddy81 Walk On

Man the last two games have been unreal. I feel like if my team wasn't so much better than ND and ASu I would have lost and should have lost to ASU. I 'm not complaining I like the challenge but it felt a lot different the last two games. I've given up over 300 yards rushing between the last two games.

5. bcduggan

bcduggan Walk On

The explaination of sliders makes sense. However, I can't comment more than that until I get home.

I will try these sliders out and form an opinion later.

CA>The cpu game you mentioned with Wisc, was that a dynasty game or with the new sliders that are proposed?

6. controllerabuser

BC, that was my BfR game against Wisconsin. At home, a rivalry game but still I felt hopeless. I seriously wanted to sim the game in the 1st quarter. I stuck with it but still got cheated by the cpu. They returned 2 picks for touchdowns I believe. Long ones, mind you. I haven't touched the sliders since way back when, at the start of the season. I am fine with sticking with the sliders we have. I am not trying to switch them just because of my misfortunes. Hell, I played and beat tOSU. That is why I don't understand how Wisconsin, dominated my team.

7. bcduggan

bcduggan Walk On

CA>When I did ny depth analysis that was posted in scouting reports, I believed that Wisconsin had a great Oline, probably the best of users. Ohio State was probably 2nd or 3rd.

Your defensive front 7 is probably the worst or pretty close to being the worst of the users at the time I did the report. Also, throw Paul Bunyan's axe into the mix and Wisc probably manhandled you.

Take Pryor away from OSU and I would like to think they are too one dimensional. Not sure on that though.

Does that help?

8. controllerabuser

Explains a lot. I kind of thought about that after I settled down. About tOSU not having Pryor, I don't think it would have mattered much. I don't know what Pryor's ratings are but I would think they shouldn't be very good. Except for speed...

I think the combination of those things you said all came together for an ass whooping that the CPU wanted. I was down 35-7 before half. I managed to come back and almost pull out the win. A couple mistakes here and there put me back to where we are expected to be.

9. bcduggan

bcduggan Walk On

When I was Washington and I played Cal, I just thought they wanted it "more". Now that I am Cal I can see that they really are that fast.

The only reason Cal was ultimately close at the end was both Riley and Best were hurt for a good portion of the game.

10. H22APWRD94

H22APWRD94 RG3 Bandwagon

I told you Clay was dirty CA. He is a bruiser. And he still has more time in the Big10.

Mike

11. H22APWRD94

H22APWRD94 RG3 Bandwagon

Pryor is rated really high. Overrated. At least in the rosters we started with. Just sounds like the Badgers came to play.

12. drowsike

drowsike Go DAWGS

I dont have a prob wit it...if yall find them to be good

13. controllerabuser

I tried those sliders out. They seem pretty fun. I did have a running back that was rated 90 speed so with these sliders he seemed like a defensive tackle.

I was Pitt playing at Notre Dame, it was 20-10 when I had to shut the game off. I was winning and it would have been even closer had I not had one tackle that I broke.

Please, check these out and give them a try. Give me some feedback if you can play with these!

14. WisconsinSports414

WisconsinSports414 Walk On

Well, the way the game is going today in Lambeau, I might just go ahead and get started on trying these out. :(

15. Lee.Flex

Lee.Flex Ducks Fan

Might want to re-think that. The game @ Lambeau just got really good!

16. controllerabuser

Yeah, this sucks.. I go to sleep, we are up 24-3 I think.. Or was it 17-3? Anyways, I wake up and it's a ball game... Damn you!!!!

Go Vikes!

17. WisconsinSports414

Idk about these sliders. I think the ones used now are more of a challenge, although I've only done two games with 'em.

18. Cimmy24

Cimmy24 Candy Ass Self

They are Wiscy...trust me. I played my Bama game this morning...and although the results didn't save (I super simmed a loss for PSU)..I lost...and got ran all over.

Bama's HB Richardson: 33 Carries 414 YDs 7 TDs against me.

I say, let's pick a set of sliders and stick with it. We keep switching around...

19. WisconsinSports414

Yikes. Most I've seen for yards and even carries for the CPU. Must've been brutal. But yeah, I agree with you completely with the sliders.

20. Cimmy24

Cimmy24 Candy Ass Self

It was unbelievably brutal....first loss for PSU at home. I take losses well...and the loss doesn't bother me...it's those stats. Couldn't tackle the guy...stats said he broke 9, but they definitely don't count spin or jukes

21. WisconsinSports414

The crazy stats put up by the CPU at times are bothersome. It just seems like every now and then you have a game like that. I can't imagine what he would have done to our defense.