? about Cap Hits

Discussion in 'TMFL' started by Darkwing, Sep 21, 2011.

1. Darkwing

Darkwing One Nation Under God

C - John Estes (62ovr) Contract: 2yrs @ $895K, Year Bonus: $0, Cap Hit:$0

I just did this player drop and only his 1st year salary gets added to my free space total on MLM. In this case $447.5K. If the money from dropping a player gets added back to us yearly why are we taking the hits for the total contract on dropping/trading/resigning players instead of doing that yearly as well?

2. Matrix Monkey

Matrix Monkey Walk On

Signing bonuses are guaranteed. So if you've only paid $100,000 of a $200,000 signing bonus you still have to pay the other $100,000 which would normally be spread out of the length of the contract but since you cut him he gets it as a lump sum toward next years salary cap.

3. Matrix Monkey

Matrix Monkey Walk On

If theres nothing under the Year Bonus column you wouldn't incur a cap penalty.

4. Keller

Keller The enemy of my enemy is my friend.

I have tested (not in our league, in a separate file) dropping players and as far as I could tell, no penalties are being counted by MLM. Thats why we are tracking them manually.

If MLM all of a sudden did start keeping track, we're still in good shape because we're keeping track of all of them.

My suggestion to you is to start posting your salary cap before and after cuts if you think things are screwed up.

It sounds to me like this was handled properly though.

5. Darkwing

Darkwing One Nation Under God

Ok. I believe things are working fine just figured I'd ask the question after figuring out how much free cap I had for FAs last night. I guess I just resigned to many of my 1 year contract players and they're weighing me down.