About Kickers and when to kick a FG

Discussion in 'Thread Archive' started by shadowofanubis66, Nov 1, 2009.

1. shadowofanubis66

shadowofanubis66 Walk On

About Kickers and when to kick a FG

Smace just brought up a good point when i was reading his game summary against Florida. Last week, i adjusted the FG sliders to match what we have over in Gridiron Gladiators. Basically what this means is that you'll have kickers hitting FG's from more realistic distances. This goes for the CPU as well.

Way i see it (and of course hood could tell me to change it, it's his dynasty), a kicker with 90-99 power should be able to have a chance to boot it from 53-60 yards out. A kicker with 80-89 power should have a shot from 40-50ish yards (depending on the wind and accuracy of the kicker). A 70-80 power kicker should be able to boot it from 30-40 yards, anything above that is risky.

This means a few things. You'll have to recruit or try to recruit some good kickers (or use your punter for both) and if you have a bad kicker and it's fourth down inside the opponents 40... you should be able to either punt it or go for it. I've seen plenty of times in real life (as smace has somewhat said in that same post) where a coach decides to go for it in that situation because his kicker isn't that good. Personally i think that should be fine to do at any point in the game because it is sim. If you don't know how long your kicker can kick the ball, i'd try and go to the practice field and give a few boots. This should reflect slider settings. Any thoughts or comments feel free to let me know.

Of course if hood disagrees with any of this then that's his choice and we'll go back to the old way.

2. hoodlum10

hoodlum10 Walk On

I agree, this brought up a few good points. From now on, you are permitted to go for it anytime within the opponent's 40.

3. Iron Mickey

Iron Mickey I'd take her out for some casadias

Still have to be inside a 4th & 1 situation?

4. hoodlum10

hoodlum10 Walk On

No matter the distance you may go for it on 4th Down if inside the opponent's 40.

5. Iron Mickey

Iron Mickey I'd take her out for some casadias

oh. okay. inside the 40. got it.