Abusing the Computer and Padding Stats (MUST STOP NOW)

Discussion in 'Chompion's League' started by Spayer419, Oct 20, 2012.

1. Spayer419

Spayer419 Walk On

Jun 23, 2012

I hope that you are enjoying some real football today. That being said, something needs to be addressed in our league.

You all know the rules of this league and this website. And if you don't, i suggest you make yourself familiar with them. I've seen two rules broken egrigeously this season (and quite frankly, in season's past) and it needs to stop. NOW

O.8.0 -Running Up the Score: Good sportsmanship is a major part of TSO, so running up the score on user opponents will not be tolerated. This includes both User and CPU games. Please use good judgment when leading by a large margin. There isn't a reason to see multiple 70-80 point scoring games.

O.8.A - There are things you should do when on the positive end of a blow out. Removing your starters, punting, running the ball and chewing the clock should be staples of your gameplan. Starters should not be scoring when up by four scores. Late scoring will also not be tolerated. When up big, there should not be a reason to score in the closing minutes of the game.

O.11.0 - Spreading the Ball Around: WR's should be the main target for passing plays. HB's should be checkdown receivers and not primary targets. HB receptions should not get out of hand or be a primary aspect of an offensive gameplan. Your 3rd, 4th, and 5th WR should not be a primary target. Majority of passes should be thrown to your two outside WRs with few exceptions.
    By now I'm sure you know where I'm going with this. It seems that some of you are playing to win individual awards, namely the Heisman. I've seen some of you repeatedly abuse a player and break these rules week in and week out. I try not to micromanage things, but this is getting ridiculous.

Fred Limbo I'm going to call you out right now, for one because you are the latest offender, but also because of just how ridiculous your offense was. Let's look at his statline - 32 carries, 145 yards, 5 touchdowns, 9 receptions (leads team by 7), 273 yards, 3 TD. Three of those TD's came in the fourth quarter. He was your only player to score. That is bull shit.

But its not just you. I've seen it from just about everybody. And once again, it needs to stop and it needs to stop now.

From this point forward, if you break these rules or make an obvious attempt to boost a player's stats in this fashion I will A) throw that game away and B) suspend the offending player for at least one game.

I hate having to do this kind of crap but enough is enough. You've all been warned.
    • Like Like x 2