AC Milan: the Rossoneri

Discussion in 'TFL: League 1 Red' started by RynoAid, Feb 3, 2011.

1. RynoAid

RynoAid ..

GK 32 Abbiati
    RB 19 Zambrotta
    RCB 13 Nesta
    LCB 33 Thiago Silva
    LB 77 Antonini
    RCM 16 Flamini
    CM 21 Pirlo
    LCM 23 Ambrosini
    RW 70 Robinho
    ST 11 Ibrahimovic
    LW 80 Ronaldinho

Substitutes
    GK 1 Amelia
    CF 7 Pato
    CM 27 Boateng
    CB 25 Bonera
    CAM 10 Seedorf
    CB 5 Onyewu
    CDM 8 Gattuso

Reserves
    ST 9 Inzaghi
    RM 20 I. Abate
    RWB 17 Oddo
    CB 76 Yepes
    CB 15 Papastathoupoules
    LWB 18 Jankulovski
    GK 30 Roma
    CF 90 Oduamadi
    CDM 14 Strasser
    CAM 50 Merkel
    RWB 51 Montelongo

2. RynoAid

RynoAid ..

testing.... bah.. this would be alot of work to update in photoshop... ugh.. looks good though.

[​IMG]

3. RynoAid

RynoAid ..

Season 2 Week 1​
    Week 1 Matchday 1​
    Arsenal(0) v AC Milan (1) :1stars:
    [​IMG][​IMG]
    Arsenal
    Goals
    Cards
    Fabregas :yellowcard: 28'​
    Vemaelen :yellowcard: 58'​
    AC Milan
    Goals
    Robinho :goal: 44'​
    Assists
    Ibrahimovic​
    Cards
    none​
    Man of the Match
    AC Milan's Thiago Silva with a 9.4 rating. He had 7 tackles.​
    The Rossoneri squared off against EPL powerhouse Arsenal in week one of the TFL. Lots of talk about transfer rumors surrounding the team had to be put aside as AC desperately needed to get off to a good start this year in hopes of participating in The Champions League. Ronadinho would be a part of the starting 11 today in place of Pato despite what seems to be the impending transfer back home to Brazil. Another unexpected move was Onyewu to the backline. His strength and power on defense showed to be a huge asset throughout the game.

The games was pretty open for Milan, with a few good opportunities before Robinho was fed a nice touch in the box from Ibrahimovic and buried it in the back corner of the net in the 44th minute.

At halftime Milan made a few adjustments to a more defensive stance and also inserted Seerdorf into the midfield as their only sub on the day. The moves would pay dividends as the stout defense would hold Van Persie and company in check for most of the second half. The did get loose a few times and made the game interesting. Ibrahimovic banged a free kick of the top upright that would have opened up the game a bit in the 2nd half for Milan, but as it where they grinded it out with 32 tackles and a clean sheet.

It was a good showing for the Rossoneri despite the close scoreline. They showed the flare that we expect from this talented lineup and hopefully the transfer window activity will not change the chemistry here too much.

4. RynoAid

RynoAid ..

so maybe i will start updating this now.. who knows, but i moved it over from the PL

5. hedache

hedache Walk On

About time, I had to do the Ibrahimovic article for you this week. And what do I get for it, not thanks but bunch of trouble. Now you can take care of your own crap.

6. RynoAid

RynoAid ..

you sound like my wife... make me a sandwich