AC Tradition clubhouse

Discussion in 'TFCL - Tradition Futbol Clubs League' started by Randiesel75, Sep 29, 2011.

1. Randiesel75

Randiesel75 Walk On

AC Tradtion squad,

niuhuskie224
    Danthraxxx
    Timpegoose
    FacePlant City
    MoonBBad
    PIG BOMB
    Randiesel75

Great matches last night. From the inaugural first three club matches, this was a great matchup of 7 on 7 with obvious room for improvement. Although we came around midway through match-2 to make this competitive, I think our glaring shortfall is with defense (and yes, as an LB I take responsibility). To be more specific, our weakness was on headers. There were multiple (at least 3 that I remember) times when the ball was in the air and I was beaten to it, which resulted in goals.

To that effect, this weekend I am going to be putting more time into my awareness and jumping abilities. Also, as this grows from week to week and AC Tradition picks up more players, it would be nice to have another user back there with me, preferably at CB.

Again, great night of clubs. Look forward to a rematch next week Wednesday at 9pm (EST).

Randy

• Like Like x 1
  2. niuhuskie224

niuhuskie224 Walk On

That was a great time. Hopefully we can get two clubs to 15 so we can have weekly matches against each other. Trade when needed and what not.

3. PIG BOMB

PIG BOMB Walk On

so are we officially having 2 clubs?
    personally i'd rather just have one club.... and if we have more than 10 on at any one time... have two teams playing and not split off into another club

also....doesn't joining and quiting clubs [to change between clubs like last night] wipe out your stats with that particular club?

4. Drifterbub

Drifterbub Help me hide a body?

Featured Threads:
    We will have multiple clubs, but the rosters are not going to be set for some time. Once we get everyone comfortable with the game and know who is going to show up consistently we can start looking at that.

I'll agree, great matches though. Hopefully we can have some more exciting matches when our pros start to get better.

5. BlyGilmore

BlyGilmore It's All In The Hips!

yeah i was gonna say - the teams were done kind of willy nilly last night. for something permanent we'd probably want a bit more thought into how to break up into two or even three clubs.

btw i've love to get a captain job for a third club should we get big enough ;-)

(I'm thinking Atletico Tradition?)

6. Drifterbub

Featured Threads:
    You going to stick around this time? ;p

7. BlyGilmore

unless my company mergers again I should be ;-)

plus no NCAA this year.

8. Drifterbub

Featured Threads:
    Tell your company to stop getting in bed with other companies. Or at least change their name to Skank Inc.

9. Randiesel75

Randiesel75 Walk On

Willy nilly (whatever this means) or not, it worked out great with what we had. In other words, not much thought needed.

10. Drifterbub

Featured Threads:
    I think what he means is that we should take some time and let everyone develop their pros and see what roles people fit in before we split up the site roster.

Last night was good fun, but most of the guys on AC Tradition are going to be the guys with really good Pros. Everything was sort of leveled out because everyone was new.

Trust me, in a few weeks if those same teams would have played each other, it wouldn't have been so even.

11. Randiesel75

Randiesel75 Walk On

Well, at least with me playing defense then FC has a chance! Ok, see your point.

Any tips on VP progressions at a fast pace?

12. RynoAid

RynoAid ..

pfft... did you see me last night.. just change my user name to Rynaldo this year.

13. Timpegoose

Timpegoose Walk On

I couldn't win a header back there to save my life, so I'll take some of the blame for that too. If I had my pro, I could win a few of them... But, those cpu guys don't do a whole lot in the air lol.

14. Drifterbub

Featured Threads:
    You can tune down the sliders for the CPU and bump up the sliders for the user. You can also have a buddy/gf control the other team.

I tend not to do any of that. I like the challenge of earning them. The strategy I use is to play longer games at first, grouping together achievements I can do easily (12 consecutive passes, 10 completeled lobbed passes, 10 fake shots, etc). Works well. Target most of the phyiscal ones first, get your speed, accel up. If you want to play defense, start working on your defensive ones immediately. Some of them are tough.

15. PIG BOMB

PIG BOMB Walk On

i found this kid today that was a sick freaking keeper...he was amazing...i got him to join the site so he can start to get involved here and play with us...seemed like a cool kid

• Like Like x 1
  16. Drifterbub

Featured Threads:
    He's 16 and has such intelligent responses as:

LOL. No way he gets approved.

I really appreciate you wanting to bring guys here. We need more people!

• Like Like x 2
  17. BlyGilmore

yeah this is what I meant. i think last night was awesome for what it was. but moving forward we might want to do something like making sure similar style players are on different teams - that guys who can play any are spread out - that guys with a more defending mindset are evenly split, etc.

18. BlyGilmore

if you play on World Class with the sliders tweaked drastically you don't even need a buddy. its like the computer knows you're trying to screw them so they seem to just stand there and take it. i mean literally guys barely move around or try to defend.

Personally i'm with drifter. in a perfect world i'd just play and eventually unlock everything. which is what I did last year.

but IMO if you do that you're going to be behind the 8-ball. so if you want to make sure your guy is within say 5 levels of the top guys out there IMO you need to throw some cheating into the mix - because its what the guys who are 85 overall right now are doing.

19. Randiesel75

Randiesel75 Walk On

Got it, apologies for misunderstanding.

20. PIG BOMB

PIG BOMB Walk On

ya .... i didn't know he was going to answer like that...lol ... talking to him in game and in a party he was OK and was mature..no problems... i think he's trying to be funny and wanted to hurry up and play...lol I'll tell him he might want to edit he answers...lol

ya jsut talked to him... looks like he will edit the answers and take it more seriously...we shall see anyway

21. Drifterbub

Featured Threads:
    Okay cool.