ACC / BigXII Challenge?

Discussion in 'Thread Archive' started by recchem2000, Feb 1, 2011.

1. recchem2000

recchem2000 UCLA > WSU

I know we could have as many as 5 user games in conference but I think it would be pretty cool to set up something like this. One user game a year against the other conference. Bragging rights and all that good stuff. Obviously the Big 12 would dominate so if the ACC just wants to pass on this challenge, im sure we will understand [​IMG]

• Like Like x 1
  2. gowazzucougs

gowazzucougs WSU is better than UCLA

As the new conference champion, the ACC welcomes this challenge. Of course I have no idea on how I won the conference, my roster is fucking depleted, I have a walk on starting I believe at free safety. I currently have 4 corner backs on my roster. Hokie, maggie, and Aaron must be kicking themselves this morning. All the new members of the ACC are probably licking their chops for next season when they get to play me. My recruiting plan for this season was addressing the needs from last season. If I play the Big 12 Champion his second string probably could beat me next season.

3. bringbackjimmy

bringbackjimmy WTFWTTD

you beat me 2, but my defense sucks talent wise..

4. bringbackjimmy

bringbackjimmy WTFWTTD

i like this idea...just depends on the scheds...

5. Mogriffjr

Mogriffjr Walk On

Featured Threads:
    let me know, give me the ACC champ!

6. nikpin

nikpin Universitas Brunensis

Meh user games are sometimes tough for me to schedule and with playing so many in H4Y it's already gonna be tough for me to knock out the 3-6 in conference

7. IrishBearcat

IrishBearcat tFC OD Commissioner

Yea I think it's a great idea, I think everyone would benefit from one Big12/ACC game in OCC per season if they can make it work with their schedule.

I'd love a Miami v Texas or Oklahoma matchup :)

8. recchem2000

recchem2000 UCLA > WSU

Let me look at the Big XII North teams when I get home so maybe we can balance this out and have the challenge. I think it would add alot of rivalrys and some good banter here on the forum. Im not tied to Okie State. I'll look at Kansas, K-State, ISU and Colorado and see if there is anything there I can work with.

9. Cheez

Cheez TSO's 1,000,000th Poster

Like hell they would.

10. gowazzucougs

Before making any comments about the ACC dominating the Big 12, uou need to look at my roster, count how many players I have on my roster, and please look at my secondary. I am going to list my secondary, do not laugh, because I picked off UNC's starting QB 4 times in the ACC CG. If FSU is the best team in the conference I would hate to see what everyone else's team looks like.

CB
    LaMarcus Joyner, Senior, 88 OVR
    Marcus Tate, Junior, 84 OVR
    Mike Bradley, Sophomore (RS), 84 OVR
    Don Reynolds, Sophomore (RS) 66 OVR

FS
    Gerald Demps, Senior, 87 OVR
    Adam Davis, Freshman, 60 OVR
    Manuel Coleman, 52 OVR

SS
    Andrew Jordan, Freshman, 48 OVR
    Brennan Johnson, Freshman, 44 OVR

Now most teams have like 5-7 CBs on their roster (I generally have 6-8 under ideal circumstances), this team has 4. Looking at my FS, position I am pretty good this year, but next year things would have gone to shit if I didn't sign two FS, one of which is 4 star. And then there is the SS position, folks the starter is a walk on freshman, how did I win 11 games, 3 user games? I did address this issue with my recruiting class, but I left a lot of holes every where else, especially on the offensive line. I think it might be a miracle if I win 6 games.

11. Cheez

im counting you as a loss. you can't hold on to a 24 point lead in the third quarter :p

12. DirtycashDylan

DirtycashDylan I came here to scheme and chew bubblegum...

I want FSU

13. IrishBearcat

"I want Miami" ***

Fixed it for ya! :D

14. Cheez

Assuming this happens, will we use a 1 vs 1, 2 vs 2, etc. matchup thing?

If so, here's how it would look:

6th best teams: Georgia Tech vs. Missouri
    5th best teams: Miami vs. Oklahoma State
    4th best teams: Clemson vs. Texas A&M
    3rd best teams: Virginia Tech vs. Oklahoma
    2nd best teams: North Carolina vs. Texas
    Conference Champs: Florida State vs. Nebraska

If Recchem were to change teams, whatever team he chose would take the 6 spot and Missouri would move to the 5

15. IrishBearcat

That's a good idea Cheez, I'd be down for it.

16. DirtycashDylan

DirtycashDylan I came here to scheme and chew bubblegum...

I want Miami playing with FSU's safeties.

17. Cheez

it's similar to what they do for the ACC / Big Ten challenge. And it may provide the most fair matchups in theory (giving the Big XII a chance vs. the vaunted ACC hahaha)

18. gowazzucougs

I am sure you want your shot at the title. I bet you still have nightmares over that TMFL loss against me. And I am pretty positive you would crush this year's FSU Seminoles, and next year's as well. As I stated earlier in this thread I have no idea how I am the ACC Conference Champion. Just remember FSU will be a 5 star rated team so I am going to get some better players next year.

19. Mogriffjr

Mogriffjr Walk On

Featured Threads:
    :):)

20. aarondramp

aarondramp ten thousand words

I'm not sure how you're the champ either. Your team made mine pay for every mistake. Even the last pick was one where my QB with 94 THA overthrew a guy that was 6 yards away right to your DB. I definitely picked on that walk on SS but just made too many mistakes. I just blew it basically.

I really don't want to play Texas next year...especially not in a league that doesn't cap the 5* prospects, but oh well.

21. nikpin

nikpin Universitas Brunensis

I'm losing my RB, FB, #2 WR for sure and my QB and #1 WR are both 95+ and on the heisman finalists so a good chance they are gone as well.

22. Kapono

Kapono Walk On

I'm down to play anybody. And I'll still be running the option next year. Clash of styles against Mizzou.

23. recchem2000

recchem2000 UCLA > WSU

I made the switch to the North, so lets make this challenge an annual thing here! Some still might have 6 user games but this makes sure everyone has at least 3. Plus, its bragging rights man!

Nevermind, im sticking with Okie State. The ACC Coastal has 4 teams as well and ISU uni's remind me too much of USC.