ACC Championship Game "#2 FSU vs #4 Miami"

Discussion in 'Thread Archive' started by Shino45, Sep 5, 2010.

?

Who wins the Acc Championship Game

1. #2 Florida State

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  2. #4 Miami

4 vote(s)
    100.0%
  1. Shino45

Shino45 Walk On

ACC Championship Game "#2 FSU vs #4 Miami"

Both of these teams come into this game looking to win and go to the BCS Championship game. This is a rematch of an early October Match that saw FSU dominate Miami in a 38-7 Victory giving them their only loss of the season. In that game FSU jumped out to a 28-0 First half lead by forcing Miami to abandon the run early. This gave FSU defense the edge to cruise to victory.

#2 Florida State enters the ACC Championship an impressive 12-0 dominating almost every team along the way both offensive and defensively. All that's left for FSU to do is beat Miami a 2nd time to continue their march to the BCS title game. For FSU Ponder is having an impressive year in the air, while not overshadowed Thomas is doing his thing on the ground.

#4 Miami comes into the ACC Championship Game 11-1 with their loss coming at the hands of FSU. But now Miami can not only get revenge vs their in-state rival, but hurdle over them to the National title game. All year the talk has been about FSU and Arkansas, now is Miami Chance to seize the moment. Miami is lead offensively by Cooper, Harris, and Hankerson.

Who win's the Acc Championship Game???? What say you?

2. Shino45

Shino45 Walk On

I believe Miami makes adjustments to their gameplan and puts up a better showing vs FSU. But I don't think it will be enough for FSU's high powered offense.

Prediction
    FSU 41, Miami 28

3. PAgamer07

PAgamer07 We're the ship without a storm

Florida State is the best team in this OD. Mark my words, they win the National Championship.

4. phbaseball1335

phbaseball1335 Walk On

Like Arkansas, FSU is too strong to fall in the conference championship. Even if Miami shuts down one aspect of FSU's offense, the other half is more than capable of propelling them to victory. I anticipate a result similar to the game earlier in the season thus giving us the national championship matchup we have been waiting for the majority of this year.

5. charter04

charter04 Walk On

I think FSU takes this one. I haven't played either team but FSU just seems too dominant to loss this game.

6. HotRod

HotRod You ain't bout dat life!

Featured Threads:
    #2 FSU wins a tough battle with #4 Miami 23-14.

This game went much different than the first meeting, where the Seminole offense was unstoppable. Things started off slow as both offense had drives stall at midfield early on. FSU finally got on the board with a FG after Miami held them out while in the redzone. At the end of the 1st quarter, Jacory Harris hit a wide open Theoran Collier for a 61 yd TD thanks to busted coverage by the FSU defense. Ponder got things rolling in the 2nd quarter with two TD passes, a 20 yard perfectly placed pass to TE Beau Reliford, and a 52 middle screen to Jarmon Fortson. After this 14-0 run, Miami was able to answer back with a TD of their own and cut the lead to 17-14. They left the Seminoles with 21 seconds on the clock, and the dynamic FSU offense was able to get into FG position to extend the lead to 20-14.

The third quarter saw both defenses tighten up and no scoring occured. In the 4th, the Miami offense struggled, throwing two picks and a missed FG really hurt their chances to come back. FSU was able to thwart any type of Hurricane threat and came out on top of this one.

Christian Ponder was the player of the game going 18-30 for 334 yds and 2 TD. We was knocked out early in the 4th with a shoulder injury and will be held from football activities for 2 weeks which will give him plenty of time to prepare for the National Championship game.

7. williatr

williatr Walk On

This was a really good game. Ponder was lights out in the second quarter. The gameplan was totally changed when cooper got knocked out of the game early. The seminoles offense this year is very good. Hopefully next year Jacory Harris will show just how good he is if he stays.

8. Shino45

Shino45 Walk On

WOW!!! Excellent game guys.... Congrats FSU on a National Title Appearance. I'm sure Miami FSU will have some great battles to come.