ACC Championship Game North Carolina vs. Georgia Tech

Discussion in 'Game Scheduling' started by Blaza, Jan 2, 2010.

1. Blaza

Blaza In Arsene Wenger I Trust

ACC Championship Game North Carolina vs. Georgia Tech

Two 12-0 ACC powerhouses (yeah I said it) meet in the Conference Title Game. All the marbles are on the line with the winner representing the conference in the BCS National Championship game.

Mo, I can play tomorrow night, I was thinking 10pm EST. Does that work for you?

2. Hellisan

Hellisan Schemin 'em up

U just held us up a day why can't you try playing tonight for god sakes! :D

And I will say it here, nice win to get by Auburn, it's always tough to beat him but it's especially tough to beat him in a tight one, because as far as NCAA is concerned he has icewater in his veins.

Now Tiger Woods is another story...

3. Blaza

Sorry man---you know Sunday-Thursday are my go-to nights. :(

Auburn game was one of the craziest I've ever played. Turnovers galore and big plays everywhere. And icewater is an understatement. There were at least 4 times where I said to myself, Its over--I'm out of it. The game came down to me needing 4 straight stops on 1st and goal with a minute left. I'll do a write up as soon as I get a few mins.

4. Mogriffjr

Mogriffjr Walk On

Featured Threads:
    I can play after the jets clinch a spot in the playoffs tomorrow. Or if you feeling frisky I can play tonight ;) hehe. Cya around 1030 tomorrow or so

5. Blaza

I can't play tonight bro but tomorrow I can play anytime after 10. I'll be on and look for ya then.

6. MRamirez

MRamirez Go Devils!

Be careful Mo.....

This guy is a cheeseball.....

He was up 7 before half and he chooses to go for it on 4th and 2 from his own 41 yard line....

I spoke with Helli and Jeff about the other time I played this guy, and he chooses to do that in the game...lol!

7. Blaza

Ramirez

1) I immediately paused, msg'd you and explained that'd I'd clicked through the ask Corso feature and the ball was hiked before I'd payed attention
    2) I ran into the LOS and was stopped for a turnover
    3) After the offside I msg'd you that I'd jump offside and did so. It was the 2nd quarter, you gained 50+ yards of field position and you scored off the drive.
    4) Guess that's why you ignored the post-game GG?
    5) Do you really have the audacity to call someone cheese when you pitched from the floor 10 times? LOL OK bro
    6) Did the 2nd quarter 4th and 2 play that you stopped me on have anything to do with your inability to score from 1st and goal at the 5? You had a chance to win and you lost.

Seems you always have a controversy when you lose but if anyone has anything to say about you its "Does Urban care what plays are considered cheese?!" Your MO is old.

8. MRamirez

MRamirez Go Devils!

Even if everything you said was true......

Why did you go for it on 4th and 2, your up 7, and on your 41 yard line?

You need to hit up the Tradition rule book.

9. MRamirez

MRamirez Go Devils!

I've lost many games........

I had issue in the last game because Fosh accidentally ran the run commit and now with you for going for it on 4th Down and at your 41 in the 2nd quarter?

It's irrelevant if you made it or not. If you would have made it would you have then punted? I don't understand your reasoning and I'm going to venture a majority of this forum would not like it done against them as well.

I was going to post regardless if I won or not considering you had to be approved by me for previous conduct in a game we played, and then you choose to do this in our 1st game since you entered the league. Crazy!

10. Blaza

Everything I said was true and honestly I'm in shock that you think my mistake that you benefit from had any bearing on the outcome.

If I was legitimately trying to go for it, why did my RB run backwards 3 yards before being touched? I paused, explained what happened and you didn't respond. Don't know what else I can do.

11. Colemanchu

Colemanchu GOAT SPLITTER

When did we get rules?

12. MRamirez

MRamirez Go Devils!

I have the answer you seem so hard to be looking for.....

You don't go for it on 4th down at your 41 up 7 in the 2nd quarter..... I came out in Punt coverage and had to audible.....Seeing me in punt coverage should have atleast raised the "red flag" and caused you to rethink your decision.

13. Blaza

Yes, you have lost many games and everytime you come the forums and say you got cheated. The ironic thing is, you do SEVERAL things that people would not consider Kosher but you jump down their throats if someone brings any of those things up.

It's been said before. We have 12 guys who all have varying styles of play. We are not all going to agree and that's fine but I think it stinks that you constantly accuse people of "cheesing" you when you play some of the most questionable ball in the league.

14. MRamirez

MRamirez Go Devils!

Ok, lets say your right......I do stuff that is in the gray area....

What I don't do is go for it from my 41 Yard Line, up by 7 points, in the second quarter.

The things I do I guess could be debated, but there is absolutely nothing you can say to dispute the fact that what you did was "cheesy".

I've been part of this league now for close to 20 seasons what about you?

15. Blaza

No there was no red flag becuase I breezed through playcalling screen and literally was not paying attention. On 4th down 95% perecent of the time your punt play is already up. Again it was the 2nd quarter, I sent you an explanation msg, and you gained 50 yards of field position leading to a score.

What was your excuse for player locking the DT the entire game, running HB direct snap over and over, and running wildcat constantly?

16. Blaza

No no, you're right. When Fosh beat you he cheated but when you beat Clemson GOOD GAME! When Helli beat you, he ran hurry up, but when you beat Florida GOOD GAME! When I beat you I cheesed, but when you beat LSU, WHAT A SICK RIVALRY GAME!

17. Hellisan

Hellisan Schemin 'em up

Alright guys I think if Ramirez has a complaint about this it should be sent to the commish who can then let Blaza tell his side, etc. Scheduling thread, I guess I "brought this up" but didn't mean to.

Fucking A...

18. Mogriffjr

Mogriffjr Walk On

Featured Threads:
    this thread is bringing the lulz....

Cole= instigator...;)...

19. jfosh

jfosh Super

In the future if anybody has any game play problems either with style or decesion making please address your concerns to me through a PM.

I take it Blaza this is your side of the story?

Blaza PM me if you have anything else to add.

20. MRamirez

MRamirez Go Devils!

You lied in the other league, and you are lying in this one.

I just don't understand why it is so hard for you to say,

"I fucked up! I was up 28-14 and then Barnes hit a big run to close it to 7. I get the kick, but unfortunately I was stopped on 3rd down. Instead of electing to punt because of my desire to go into the half with the lead and Ramirez getting the ball at the start of the 2nd half, I elected to go with "cheese" instead of sanity.....My Bad!"

You have a little "Belicheck" in you that is for sure.

Instead your opting to discredit my gameplay and my demeanor on here. Many of the things you bring up happened before your participation in Tradition 1. I would have more respect if you just manned up, admitted it, and said, "It will never happen again."

In addition I paused the game and messaged you... "WTF"

Then you messaged me Playclock?

I did not understand that message....During that pause I collected a Delay of Game penalty because I messaged you. That is when you went offsides to even it out at 1st and 10. This did not matter to me because regardless of whether or not you were able to convert the 1st down the real issue was with you going for it at that point in the game.....

Score 28-21 UNC
    Field position: UNC 41
    Down: 4th and 2
    Time: 1:15

None if it make sense......

21. Blaza

Fosh, I respect your opinion and agree that bickering over the forum isn't the most mature resolution so this is the last thing I'll say about it.

While I understand why Ramirez was upset, it was an honest mistake and if he doesn't believe me I cannot change is mind. I agree that it sounds hard to believe, but it was a legit brain fart --I simply wasn't really paying attention. I paused, apologized several times, and did what I could to explain. IMO it was he who chose the classless route of not responding, and bringing name calling here. The true fact of the matter is it had no bearing on the outcome of the game. But if we are nitpicking, the 60+ yard HB direct snap and floor option pitch that both went for TD's need to be brought up as well.

Again, there are over 100+ plays in these games and I don't expect us all to agree. There have been several games where I've had something done to me that I felt questionable and I'm sure there have been some where my opponent feels the same. That's the belly of the beast and I understand that (we all should). At the end of the day, I think regardless of the outcome its important to win and lose with class and that we treat and speak to other members that same way we'd like to be treated and spoken to.

22. Blaza

Well then I guess we feel the same way about each other and that settles it.

Agree to disagree.

23. MRamirez

MRamirez Go Devils!

It all comes to one point Blaza....

Why didn't you call time out? You had 3 of them left.....

You stated it is because you pick the plays so quickly like a 'jedi', but the play you ran is nowhere near the special teams packages....

Did you ask Corso? If you did I think it is also mandated that we don't ask Corso shit!

If you did ask Corso you still could have called timeout.

24. Mogriffjr

Mogriffjr Walk On

Featured Threads:
    both of yall mafuggas need to recruit :)...okthxbye.

25. Colemanchu

Colemanchu GOAT SPLITTER

what does lulz mean?