ACC Championship Game Preview

Discussion in 'Thread Archive' started by ThePaw, Sep 14, 2010.

1. ThePaw

ThePaw I'm so seasonal it hurts, baby!

ACC Championship Game Preview

[​IMG]
    [​IMG] vs. [​IMG]
    NC State Wolfpack (12-0).................. Virginia Cavaliers (9-3)

Quarterbacks

[​IMG]vs. [​IMG]
    Russell Wilson .............. Marc Verica

What they have done this season: Marc Verica (Virginia) has had a rough year throwing the ball. He's gone 112/255, 12 TDs, 9 INT, with 2007 yards. He's just been average this season. He has a strong arm with 88 throw power, but his accuracy is not so good at 77. He's going to need to put up decent numbers in the game for Virginia to win the game.

Russell Wilson(NC State) on the other hand went 197/344 for 35 touchdown passes, 14 INT with 3263 total passing yards. He also has 3 TDs with his feet. Wilson has definitely had the better season

The Advantage: NC State. RW has put up fantastic numbers this season and is pretty much the driving force behind the Wolfpack offense.

Running Backs

[​IMG]vs. [​IMG]
    Curtis Underwood .............. Dominique Wallace

What they have done this season:
    Wallace (UVA) has had a pretty decent season thus far. He's carried the ball 243 times for 999 yards and 17 TDs. One yard off of one thousand. That's respectable for any RB. He also has 278 receiving yards, and only 4 fumbles all year. He's been the main feature in UVA's offense.

Underwood (NCSU) started off the year HOT but his production has steadily declined. He's carried the ball 217 times for 1013 yards and 7TDS. He also has 75 yards recieving on the year with only 1 fumble.

The Advantage: Virginia. Wallace is the main feature of UVA's offense and it will take a massive team effort to stop him. Underwood has more yards but Wallace has seen the endzone so many times this season, and plus with Underwood's decline I have to give it to UVA. Even if he does have a girly name.

Receivers

[​IMG]vs. [​IMG]
    Darell Davis .............. Jared Greene

What they have done this season:
    Greene (UVA) has had a pretty decent season thus far, he hasn't put up flashy numbers but he's the best on the team. He's had 26 catches for 529 yards and 5 TDs. 5 Drops. UVA hasn't had a great year throwing the all.

Davis (NCSU) has been Wilson's go to player all year. He has a great hands and he always seems to get open. He has SIXTY FIVE catches for 1115 yards and 8 TDs. Spectacular. With only one drop.

Total Virginia Receiving Yards: 2254 by ten different receivers
    Total NC State Receiving Yards: 3421 by ten different receivers

The Advantage: NC STATE. NC State's wide outs are really amazing. They have impact player Williams, another great WR on the other side in Owen Spencer and of course slot man Darrell Davis. While Virginia's haven't really shown much. Is it the QB or the WR's?

2. ThePaw

That's it for the offense. I'm only going to do skill positions, so don't expect D-Line and such...EXPECT THE DEFENSE PART TOMORROW.

3. Cimmy24

Cimmy24 Candy Ass Self

With the Defense, I expect a full page boasting of the Virginia Cavaliers Defensive Unit....

Nice work Paw

4. xXPHACTR

xXPHACTR Banned

Defense wins championships! :)

5. bigtubb_

bigtubb_ Walk On

lets go Cavaliers, im hating on ppl with donuts

6. ThePaw

7. bigtubb_

bigtubb_ Walk On

lol.......

8. ThePaw

Kidding man (y)

9. xXPHACTR

xXPHACTR Banned

10. ThePaw

Well that sucks.. The defense part is gone, oh well not going through all that work again. :p

11. ThePaw

Sorry if I got a bit short with you Cimmy. That was the most frustrating game that I have ever played. Not at the outcome but how the game was rolling. From the fumbled pitch for the TD to the fumble at the one yard line just about to score before half time. I've never seen a team be so useless. I would blitz every linebacker and Wallace would still find perfect blocking and gain 10 yards a play.

I didn't have defensive stop the entire game.

Anyways man, you deserved it. Virginia played top notch. Good luck in the Orange Bowl!

I just had to log off and play some LittleBigPlanet...lol

12. Cimmy24

Cimmy24 Candy Ass Self

Yeah man, I was actually surprised at how well my offensive line played and opened up holes. Wallace is a beast and he is only a freshman!

With that being said....

[​IMG]

The Virginia Cavaliers take down the #3 NC State Wolfpack in the ACC Championship game. The Cavs rushed for a total of 241 yards against the Wolfpack, most of which came from freshman HB Dominique Wallace. Wallace ran for 171 uards on just 18 attempts and managed 3 TDs. NC State HB Curtis Underwood had an even more spectacular performance stat wise, with 181 yards on 13 carries with 2 TDs. Despite Underwood's performance on the field, the Wolfpack weren't able to stop the Virginia offense, as the UVA passing game only threw one incomplete pass all game. The final in the one....45-28 Cavs.