ACC Championship Run

Discussion in 'The Experience' started by jello1717, Aug 31, 2012.

1. jello1717

jello1717 "Those who stay will be champions." -- Bo

While the Big XII CCG is pretty much set, the ACC race is very heated with some huge user games coming up (all 3 Atlantic users play a round robin with each other during the next 3 weeks!).

ACC.JPG

Let's take a look at how things are shaping up.

Coastal:
    [​IMG]UNC is currently tied for 1st place with UVA. They host the Cavs this week in a pivotal game. If UNC can hang on, they'll be in the driver's seat with victories over both divisional user teams. They'll have 1 more user game against NCSt and CPU games against Duke and #20 Miami. With a victory this week they can afford to drop 1 more game and still have the inside track for the CCG.

[​IMG]Obviously UVA needs to beat UNC this week. Unlike the Heels, however, they still have a lot of work to do to win the division. Following UNC they have to take on the other division user, GT. The Wahoos need to win both of these user games in order to control their own fate. A loss in either game will make this a steep uphill battle.

[​IMG]GT needs some help from the Heels to have a shot. If UNC beats UVA, then GT is just a bystander waiting for UNC to falter. Even if UNC beats UVA and GT beats UVA, the Jackets will still be on the outside looking in as they don't have the tiebreaker with UNC. They'll still be hoping for UNC to lose yet again down the stretch.

Atlantic:
    The Atlantic is easily the most exciting division race. All 3 user teams are within 1 game of 1st and all 3 users will play their 2 user foes in the next 3 weeks. That's pretty remarkable scheduling right there.

[​IMG]NCSt is currently in 1st, but they have to face FSU this week and then Maryland next week. If they can win those 2 games, the division is theirs. If they lose even 1 of those games, then the water becomes much more cloudy, especially with a matchup against UNC the very next week.

[​IMG]Maryland, like the other 2 Atlantic users, control their own destiny. They get 1 more week to prepare as they face Wake Forest this week, and then it's NCSt and FSU in back to back weeks. If they lose either of those games, they'll likely be on the outside looking in.

[​IMG]FSU is very much in the same boat as Maryland with 1 conference loss already, but both division foes in the next 3 weeks (with a very tough Clemson team sandwiched in the middle). If they win both user games, they have the inside track, but a loss in either 1 could spell doom.

Predictions:
    It's tough for me to separate coach dakota7 from what he did at Wisconsin in '12. He definitely doesn't have Wisconsin talent any more. Coach edge7771 has been on a roll with 4 wins in a row and is 2-0 so far this season in user games. I see UNC beating UVA and then holding on for the CCG birth. I don't see coach aarondramp having much of a shot here.

The Coastal is so much more wide open. Coach iBleedOrange247 is coaching one of the hottest teams in the country with 7 straight victories. Coach Big Suge Knight has won 5 straight including a user victory over UVA. Hopefully the user loss to UNC won't come back to haunt him if he can only manage to go 1-1 against division users. Coach LSUTRUTH is the defending ACC champ and has also won 7 straight with 2 user victories. All 3 teams are streaking into this 3 week stretch but I'm going to go with by far the most talented team, Florida State.

For the CCG I think that FSU learns from their 18-20 loss to UNC earlier in the season and they beat the Heels.

Last edited: Aug 31, 2012
    • Like Like x 2
  2. jello1717

3. UofCWildcat

UofCWildcat Bear Down!

Great read.

My predictions:

I think UNC beats the Wahoos but then loses to NC St. Unfortunately, Georgia Tech gets an angry UVA team and drop that game giving the Tar Heels the Division

On the other side, I see NC St losing both User games which pits the Terps against the Seminoles and the talent of FSU beats Maryland and the Seminoles hoist the Atlantic Crown.

In the CCG, FSU and UNC get at it again and a late TD rush by future Heisman trophy winner Giovanni Bernard.

• Like Like x 1
  4. jello1717

I like it! Not only giving the conference to UNC, but the Heisman to Bernard!

5. UofCWildcat

UofCWildcat Bear Down!

I like to be bold. And edge7771 breeds Heismans

6. UofCWildcat

UofCWildcat Bear Down!

Too bad the Big XII isn't as exciting. It's already set up to be SMU vs Kansas St pending SMU losing out to Nevada (fat chance) and me (even fatter chance). If i do win out though, i'll be second in the North over OU and could be 5th is Texas loses to TCU. Small victories for a decent season.

7. aarondramp

aarondramp ten thousand words

I didn't realize that UNC still has NC State. So it's possible that dakota7 beats edge7771 followed by me beating dakota and iBleedOrange247 beating edge giving Georgia Tech the Coastal. I am aware that it would require lots of things to fall in place, but I need a dream here.

8. LSUTRUTH

LSUTRUTH The one and only

Dang. I beat FSU at FSU last season. Also crushed NC State. Means nothing now I know. One more week then the shit hits the fan

9. dakota7

dakota7 Former Blue Chip Recruit

jello1717 awesome job man. Thanks for the write up, and for what its worthe I still think I'm at Wisconsin too.

10. Darkwing

Darkwing One Nation Under God

My prediction:
    After the UNC victory over UVA last night they have the Coastal wrapped up. Bernard is the prototypical back for edge and one that actually has talent as well.

For the Atlantic, I have a strong belief that it's Maryland's to lose. That D looks to be solid as I was just browsing thru the seasons player of the week honors and they have multiple ACC ones on that side of the ball. I haven't had the chance to really pay close attention to everything here but it looks like LSU is a solid coach so the Terps make it out.

In the CCG, heisman hopeful Bernard wills the team to the victory much like Bell did for Sparty against Boise Friday night. 17-14 Tar Heels take the crown