ACC Championship Thriller

Discussion in 'Thread Archive' started by BoSoxFan58, Oct 26, 2010.

1. BoSoxFan58

BoSoxFan58 Walk On

Well once again my Virginia Tech Hokies fell in the biggest game of the year by a score of 21-14. Logan Thomas could not find an open receiver from the 6-yard line with :01 second left to give BC the victory. Many bounces of the ball went the way of the Eagles on this night. A very questionable David Wilson fumble that may have possibly crossed the goal-line was given to the Eagles and absolutely changed the game. This BC-VT rivalry really is amazing and I hope it continues, but I can't even begin to explain how low I feel about not being able to make it to the National Championship against AJH. It was a really tough game to lose, but in every game there is a winner and loser. My 3 turnovers to mboda's 0 might have just been the deciding factor. I hope mboda can represent the ACC well in the title game and pull off the upset. Now I must sit here and think about what could've been. What if Darren Evans had been healthy? What if the fumble is recovered by me in the end zone instead of BC?

Maybe next year....

2. AJ Hart MN

AJ Hart MN Marseille - TFL Season 1 Champions

Well BoSoxFan, you wouldn't have played me anyway..

For the second consecutive year, the undefeated and heavily favored Gators shit the bed in the SEC championship game. It just seemed like anything I did ended up going wrong. We fumbled once literally on the goal line. John Brantley threw 3 terrible picks.. One while I was in FG range in the last 20 seconds. We missed a FG with about 2mns left in the game which would have given me the lead. I'm still in a bit of shock over what happened. Brantley must have thrown for like 450yds as he had to throw quite a bit. We fell down 14 early but fought back to take a 7 point lead in the 3rd. I thought at that point the rout was going to be on.. I was wrong. On the next drive, Jordan Jefferson lofted up a pass in double coverage only to see both of my DB's bat the ball in the air into the waiting hands of a Tiger receiver who ran it in from like 80yds. Brantley also threw another pick on the next drive while we had a good drive going. It was just so frustrating but that's football for ya. Everytime I thought I was getting in a groove, something weird happened. I guess I can't explain it but damn, i'm so dissapointed right now. Now I have to watch a couple of one loss teams battle it out for the National Title I think we deserve to be a part of. I guess it's when you lose and my Gators are making a bad habit of losing in the SEC championship.

Oh well, there's always next year.. right?? Ah hell, who am I kidding. I'm ready to break something right now.. lol

Good luck to mboda and BC in the title game. He'll be a very deserving winner if he can pull it off. It has the look of a Texas v BC game. It's going to be a tough call for the commish whether or not to let CTVolfan play with his new team. It doesn't matter to me but I do think it should be up to mboda.

:mad::mad::mad:

3. mboda

mboda Walk On

That was one of the best user/user games ive been a part of BoSox. I thought you were gonna score on that last drive. I was getting ready for overtime, but i got lucky and stopped you. And the 2 turnovers i got in the endzone were big. A great game and im lucky to come out on top this time.

4. SodaAddict

SodaAddict Proud Hurt Locker Commish

This put LSU in the national championship... not every day a user leaves a team mid-season that ends up going to the national championship, eh?

5. AJ Hart MN

AJ Hart MN Marseille - TFL Season 1 Champions

:(:mad::confused::eek:

6. SodaAddict

SodaAddict Proud Hurt Locker Commish

Sorry man, I know that sucks.