ACC Game of the Week

Discussion in 'The Experience' started by Masler, Oct 23, 2012.

1. Masler

Masler Moderator

This is a new segment I would like to start. Someone from ACC can do Big XII game of the week. The reason I am doing ACC is to prevent myself from being biased. Anyway...

[​IMG][​IMG]

#7 Miami ( mcyork ) vs #3 Virginia ( dakota7 )
    This game could really shake up the ACC Coastal should Miami pull off the victory. Virginia currently sits atop the division at 6-1 while Miami is at 3rd place with a record of 5-2. Another team watching this one closely will be Georgia Tech as they sit at 6-2 also. Should Miami win it would be a three way tie at 6-2. Miami would have beaten Virginia but lost to Georgia Tech who lost to Virginia. That would be one crazy senario. Should Miami win they would probably see themselves in the Top 5 while a Virginia win would keep them in the Top 3. ​
    Miami Keys to Victory: In all user games this season Miami hasn't scored very many points, a total of 24 in all while their opponents have scored 34, just enough to edge the Canes. So it appears Miami NEEDs to be more productive on offense and keep their defense firm. A big key to this upcoming matchup would be stopping the All-American QB David Watford who is coming off an EMVP season. He is having the greatest season statistically but is still very dangerous in the air and on the ground. It would appear Virginia has another threat on the ground in HB Taylor. So in short, stop the run and force Watford to pass and Miami is sitting good.​
    Virginia Keys to Victory: Very similar to what Miami needs to do, stop that rushing attack. Miami HB Randy Johnson is averaging 96 yards per game but has had some big games. So if Virginia can keep this kid from gaining any ground and force Miami to pass, who have thrown 15 INT's this season, the Cavaliers will have their way in this one.​
    Outcome: I think this one will be smashmouth football at its best. Both teams will come out with the run game in mind but will throw in some key passing plays and maybe even some trickery to throw the other off-guard. Defense will be the major factor and from what this season has shown, Virginia will edge out Miami in the end and will win this game.​

Last edited: Oct 23, 2012
    • Like Like x 5
  2. dakota7

dakota7 Former Blue Chip Recruit

3. aarondramp

aarondramp ten thousand words

I just played both teams. I played Virginia twice, actually. I'm setting the line at UVA -6.5.

4. Masler

Masler Moderator

Any volunteers for the Big XII?

5. blLL flo

blLL flo BTFU!

Miami to cover.

6. UofCWildcat

UofCWildcat Bear Down!

Me! I'll do the CCG

• Like Like x 1
  7. dakota7

I'd like to, but I probably won't have time to get anything up before the BYU/SMU game.

8. aarondramp

I can do the Big XII game of the week after this year. I'll let UofCWildcat handle the Championship game.

9. dakota7

I'm willing to share with you, I can do even weeks you could do odd?

10. aarondramp

Sounds good. Or even rotate in case there are weeks with no user games or one of us is involved. We can figure it out.

• Like Like x 1