ACC Media Days

Discussion in 'Thread Archive' started by Diddy81, Jul 15, 2010.

1. Diddy81

Diddy81 Walk On

ACC Media Days

[​IMG]

North Carolina Tarheels​

Coach you take over right before the season starts, what do you know about your team?

You lost a lot on the defensive side of the ball, waht do you have for this season?

What will it take for UNC to get to the ACC championship this season?

What are your schemes on offense and defense?

Coach Picks

ACC off POY

ACC def POY

ACC coach of the year

ACC Champs

2. Diddy81

Diddy81 Walk On

Miami

[​IMG]

Miami Hurricanes

Coach, last season is not what anyone predicted or expected, what happened to the '10 Canes?

How did the rumors of you leaving for Tennessee effect this team this off season?

Most of your guys decided to come back for one more go at a championship, do you have what it takes?

What will come from the defensive side of the ball this season?

Feel free to use this space to send out any messages to the College football world.

Coach Picks

ACC off POY

ACC def POY

ACC Coach of the year

ACC Champs

3. Diddy81

Diddy81 Walk On

FSU

[​IMG]

Florida State Seminoles

Coach now that you got your feet wet, is there anything that you and your staff need to do differently for this upcoming season?

EJ Manuel takes over for Christian Ponder, he has a lot of experience, is he ready to be the guy?

Your team lost its wheels down the stetch what have you done to prepare tehm for a 12 game season?

You are the school in the sunshine state that has the nuts to play both of the big boy teams, can FSU win the state this season?

They say it usually takes 3 recruiting classes for a new coach to get his guys running his system, how are you faring?

Coach Picks

ACC off POY

ACC def POY

ACC coach of the year

ACC Champ-

4. Diddy81

Diddy81 Walk On

Georgia Tech

[​IMG]

Clemson Tigers

Let's get right to it. YOu have taken over Clemson practically overnight, what do you know about your team?

Who are your leaders on offense and defense?

This team won the ACC last season can you take them to the same heights?

Have any changes been made scheme wise on offense or defense ?

Coach Picks

ACC off POY

ACC def POY

ACC Coach of the year

ACC Champs

5. Daplaymaker

Daplaymaker Walk On

[​IMG]

Florida State Seminoles

Coach you are taking over for a college football legend are you ready for the spotlight?

I have been in the spotlight since coming to FSU, It was a honor to coach under Bobby, It will be a honor to keep the Florida State name going strong and I wouldn't have gotten into coaching if I would not have been able to handle to the pressure that comes with in this job.

You have one of the most underrated QB's in the nation. Is he ready to go coming off that injury?

Christian's [Ponder] has looked great he played well in the spring game, he says he is stronger then before the injury. Asked about the pre-season hype of the heisman he brushes it to the side and is really focused on the upcoming 2010 season.

Your defense last year well umm was not what I grew up on I'll put it that way, what improvements have been made?

The past is the past, I really don't want to look there and say my true throughts but this season we have coach Stoops, coach Hudson and company in and all the kids are really liking what they have learned on the field and in the film room we'll just have to wait to see how it translates onto the field come week 1 of the season.

You are the school in the sunshine state that has the nuts to play both of the big boy teams, can FSU win the state this season?

The talent is here, it will depend on how quickly they pick up on the new scheme come this fall. The spring practices and game were great, I think everyone pushed each other to get better, everyone but 1 kid is on campus in the recruiting class. Christian [Ponder] and Nigel [Bradham] have been the vocal leaders and everyone is looking at them to lead the team.

What kind of players will FSU recruit while you are at the helm?

We're going to recruit kids that have talent, the drive and are good kids on and off the field. We don't want ME players they can go else where if it's just about you. We want kids that are going to work hard on the field and don't come in here thinking because they were ranked #2 in the country they are given a starting job day 1, you will have to earn your starting spot from the first practice.

Coach Picks

ACC off POY

Christian Ponder - Florida State

ACC def POY

Robert Quinn - North Carolina

ACC coach of the year

Frank Beamer - Virginia Tech

ACC Champ-

Virginia Tech

6. drowsike

drowsike Go DAWGS

Coach we knew you would build a dominant defense because that's your specialty, but to have potentially 4 to 5 first round draft picks on one defense is filthy, your thoughts?

Well we got some good guys this year, alot of talent on the defensive line and good secondary and hopefully we can put it all together and win football game

Who leads that unit that is arguably the best in the country?

Its not one in particular player. Our football team will function as unit this and keep a team spirit . we all win. we all lose.

Its gonna take some tough wins this season. We have some good ball clubs in our division and we are just gonna have to play sound football

With all the talk about your defense, fill us in on what makes your offense go?

Well Tj. Yates will be at the helm and we are let it rip. We are gonna get alot of practice make good reads and completing the deep ball and short game

Is this the best team you have fielded at UNC?

Yes I would say so. and many more to come

Coach Picks

ACC off POY
    J. Harris- Miami

ACC def POY
    Robert Quinn- UNC

ACC coach of the year
    Bcduggan-GT

ACC Champs
    Miami

7. JerzeyReign

JerzeyReign #BeatOhio

[​IMG]

Miami Hurricanes

Coach once you decided to lock down that south florida recruiting area, "The U" has seemed to gain back some of that championship swagger, your thoughts?

We still have a long road to travel but it all starts with recruiting. It's goin' to be a fight with Florida and Florida State but with the success of last season it's a little easier this time around.

While the swagger is emerging championships have not, when can the passionate fan base get what they desire?

Now. I apologize for making them wait this long. It's not gonna be easy but we're not that far from making a serious championship run. But it starts here **points to chest** We gotta have heart.

How good is this team?

Well the "experts" have us #14, so I'm guessing to them we're the 14th best team in the nation. We feel that we are the best. Now we have to go out and prove it. Call it cocky but we don't play to lose **points to all of the championship trophies in the trophy case.**

What does Jacory Harris mean to the Canes, is he the most important piece of the puzzle , if not who?

He's our leader. He had a great year last year. He's just one piece to the puzzle. We have to play as a team. Cooper will need to step up as well to relieve some of the pressure.

They have to be my bread and butter. I'm a defensive guy. One player playing like a maniac can cause havoc against any offense. I'm looking for 11 maniacs... we will only have success if we play great defense.

Feel free to use this space to send out any messages to the College football world.

"It's Officially Hurricane Season, Cat 5... Hide The Women And Kids"

Coach Picks

ACC off POY: Ponder, FSU

ACC def POY: Quinn, UNC

ACC Coach of the year: Droweezy, UNC daplaymaker, Florida State

ACC Champs: Virginia Tech

8. Diddy81

Diddy81 Walk On

Coach Johnson talk to us when you get on the boards.

9. Diddy81

Diddy81 Walk On

vote for post season awards

Coach of the year

off POY

def POY

yes you can vote for cpu controlled coach or players me and jerz will break ties

10. drowsike

drowsike Go DAWGS

Coach of Year: FsuPrime GT

Off POY: R. Evans VT

Def POY: Q. Couples

11. fsuprime

fsuprime Definitely Maybe

Coach of Year: DaPlaymak (FSU) --impressive rebound to the season to make ACCG game

Off POY: Kyle Parker (QB Clemson)

Def POY: Q. Couples

12. Diddy81

Diddy81 Walk On

GT, Miami, and FSU media day questions are edited for this year.

13. JerzeyReign

JerzeyReign #BeatOhio

[​IMG]

Miami Hurricanes

Coach, last season is not what anyone predicted or expected, what happened to the '10 Canes?

We lost focused. We let that rank get to our head. We hit rock bottom. There is nowhere to go from here but up.

How did the rumors of you leaving for Tennessee effect this team this off season?

Well we got the situation resolved so quickly it didn't effect us too much. As you can see, some future NFL players stayed for one more season. One year in the books and I have a 100% graduation rate.

Most of your guys decided to come back for one more go at a championship, do you have what it takes?

We bit off more than we can chew last year. Now that the attention is off of us I think we'll concentrate a little better than we did last season and really set the world ablaze.

I think we found the swag at the end of last season. I think giving up 71 to Georgia Tech gave us tons of confidence. We'll see though, we will see.

Good Luck

Coach Picks

ACC off POY: Jacory Harris MIA

ACC def POY: Uncertain

ACC Coach of the year: fsuprime Georgia Tech

ACC Champs: Miami

14. fsuprime

fsuprime Definitely Maybe

Coach making the jump from GT to FSU, why did you do it?
    FSU is my school, they need me, they fell in prestige and in the national spot light, losing games they should not have lost, and I am here to fix that.

EJ Manuel takes over for Christian Ponder, he has a lot of experience, is he ready to be the guy?
    I think that if you look how he has played in spot duty you can see he is a winner. We have been working on his mechanics since he got here, we had a 3 part plan in place which was slightly interrupted do to him having to play. We feel that we have completed this process and his arm is noticeably stronger and more alive.

The team lost its wheels down the stetch what have you done to prepare team for a 12 game season?
    I have just come and told them all that they have a clean slate with me, anyone who was a knucklehead early in their career and found themselves in the doghouse is even with everyone else. They have a chance to be a starter if they work hard, i think open competition at every position will be healthy for them.

Its always tough to win the state championship, if you do you are probably looking at a national title. UF is replacing a great QB with an unproven but talented kid, with their defense and especially secondary they will be very hard to beat at home. Miami also has a very good defense and a playmaker at QB, if i could take a split right now i would but we will be looking to win both.

They say it usually takes 3 recruiting classes for a new coach to get his guys running his system, how are you faring?
    Coming from GT, the players I have here are more than ready to play how i want them to play. We have positions of need, especially on defense, but I feel like it only takes one truly great recruiting class to take you to the next level. Our goal this year is to move back to a 5* prestige team and eventually a 6 star team, and then recruiting will take care of itself.

Coach Picks

ACC off POY--Jacory Harris-- miami

ACC def POY--Nigel Bradham - fsu

ACC coach of the year-- jerzeyreign -- miami

ACC Champ-- GT

15. Diddy81

Diddy81 Walk On

unc and clemson your media day questions are on page one.

16. Paytonno1son

Paytonno1son Walk On

Clemson Tigers

Let's get right to it. YOu have taken over Clemson practically overnight, what do you know about your team?

I have a solid QB and a monster DE on defense. I know Clemson has a rich tradition, from Howard's Rock to running down the hill at Death Valley.

Who are your leaders on offense and defense?

On Offense it has to be Kyle Parker. 3 years under his belt, he's ready to shine. Defense would have to be Bowers. This guy is NFL ready right now. Look for big things.

This team won the ACC last season can you take them to the same heights?

If I can get them to buy into my system and methods then I'd say yes.

Have any changes been made scheme wise on offense or defense ?

On D we are changing it up to a Multiple style. I come from a Pro style backgound but I felt we have the players for the spread and it is too late to implement a new offense so we will stay with the spread.

Coach Picks

ACC off POY - Jacory Harris

ACC def POY - DeQuan Bowers

ACC Coach of the year - nrg_qbz-_-

ACC Champs - UNC

17. nrg_qbz-_-

nrg_qbz-_- Walk On

Coach you take over right before the season starts, what do you know about your team?

Coming in as the #9 ranked team in the nation, it is obvious that we come in with a lot of expectations. However, I have been telling the guys that we have to take one game at a time. The ACC is loaded with talent and we cannot overlook anyone. Miami has a very dangerous squad this year and Clemson could be a sleeper. With that being said, I really believe that we can improve upon last year. There is an air of excitement around campus that I can't describe.

You lost a lot on the defensive side of the ball, what do you have for this season?

Our success begins and ends with our defense, no question. Although we lost some talented players, I feel that a lot of our younger guys are ready to step up and make a difference. One player to watch out for is Kevin Reddick. He sets the tone for our younger guys by playing each play as if it is his last. The kid just doesn't give up and is a great role model.

Luck and perhaps the NCAA looking into Miami and FSU's program a little bit more instead of us! But in all seriousness, we have to consistently win the turnover battles throughout the season. I am excited about our defense and know that if we can limit our opponents' touches, our offense will be able to grind it out and put enough points on the board. It's going to be a long season, but I would be surprise if we're not in the hunt by the end of the season.

What are your schemes on offense and defense?

We're most likely going with a pro offense and a base 3-4 defense. It is still too early to tell, but I like what the team has been able to do in practice out of these sets.

Coach Picks

ACC off POY: Jacory Harris (Miami)

ACC def POY: Kevin Reddick (UNC)

ACC coach of the year: JerzeyReign (Miami)

ACC Champs: JerzeyReign (Miami)

18. Diddy81

Diddy81 Walk On

thanks fellas

19. JerzeyReign

JerzeyReign #BeatOhio

Your either a smart man or your setting me up so I sleep on you and you whoop my ass:)

20. nrg_qbz-_-

nrg_qbz-_- Walk On

Haha, I will go with the "smart man" comment(y)