ACC POTY Race

Discussion in 'Thread Archive' started by Kasper, Nov 27, 2011.

1. Kasper

Kasper The Ghost Himself

[​IMG] Since some douche decided to start a B1G one, I figured the better conference should have a POTY Race thread. NOTE: I won't put them in any order yet, I will let you guys chat it up and I'll move them around accordingly. Let us know if a player on this list has a big game or if you think a certain player should be added!

Marcus Wright, RB Georgia Tech

Wright is the frontman for arguably the best team in the ACC. Going into Week 11, the senior has 1190 yards and an astonishing 18 TD's. The 5'7 speedster has been a monster to start the year, but coaches are worried he is taking a little wear and tear on his small frame in the second half of the season. Can Wright keep up his level of play and possibly bring home the Heisman trophy?

Perry Jones, RB Virginia

In a conference with plenty of talented running backs, Perry stands with the best of them. Another small framed, quick running back, like Wright- Jones has amassed 1251 yards and 15 TD's through week 10. Jones should come on as a Heisman dark horse, but will Virginia continue to have a good year- because we all know Heisman winners usually play on one of the top teams when its all said and done.

Josh Harris, RB Wake Forest

The first underclassmen on this list, Harris has been asked to really shoulder the load for the Deacons who have had 3 different QB's start games this year- however stability may have been found with freshman Kevin Sousa. Harris could benefit from better QB play, but has still managed 1034 yards and 12 TD's to this point in the season. Look for Wake's offense to pick up the pace and start scoring more points, which should result in more scores and yards for the junior.

AJ Marshall, CB Wake Forest

Forgive me for selecting my own guys, but AJ has racked up 7 interceptions on the year to lead the ACC and the nation. We will see if the junior ball hawk can continue to snag opposing QB passes. I figured the interceptions make him a viable candidate.

Feel free to offer up other players as suggestions.

fuzzyl0gic
    gwill
    The Natural
    -Cougars-

2. -Cougars-

-Cougars- Walk On

I think Marshall is number 1. He is a great player looking at his stats.

3. CoachRedd

CoachRedd I come through in something real foolish

4. Kasper

Kasper The Ghost Himself

5. Kasper

Kasper The Ghost Himself

quit lurking you fucks and say something

6. The Natural

The Natural Public Enemy #1

We don't need to talk about how good our players are or fill the forum with their stats.

In the ACC we just get W's.

7. Kasper

Kasper The Ghost Himself

True.

k now talk about how good your players are and maybe why he sould be POTY.

8. fuzzyl0gic

fuzzyl0gic No new friends

Meh I don't really have any one player that stands out this year. Gio shares carries with AJ Blue, so he is only up 800+ yds with 5 TDs. I have some WRs with 500+ yds. On defense, a few dlinemen have 5 sacks, a few players in the secondary have multiple interceptions. It's been a team effort.

9. Kasper

Kasper The Ghost Himself

I nearly put Highsmith (i think) on the list. We'll see how he finishes the year. any input on how to rank the guys I have up there?

10. fuzzyl0gic

Out of those on the list, I'd say Marshall has the edge. Let's be honest, it's not hard to rack up yds and TDs running the ball against the CPU. Lots of times they come out in 'tarded formation against my power running formation (like dime) and I run right up the middle for 10 every time. 7 INTs so far is pretty impressive.

11. -Cougars-

-Cougars- Walk On

That's exactly why I put him at number 1

12. fuzzyl0gic

I'm just glad I didn't throw him any. I gave your secondary a record breaking day, lol.

13. Kasper

Kasper The Ghost Himself

I just didn't wanna say it.

14. Kasper

Kasper The Ghost Himself

He's my little Revis... and only a junior!

15. -Cougars-

-Cougars- Walk On

Lol you gave my linebacker 2 and my corner 1 and I have wake after I play Duke so we will see how that turns out since ill be in the top 10 after this wweek lol

16. The Natural

The Natural Public Enemy #1

I agree. Performance in user games should be the biggest barometer.

17. Kasper

Kasper The Ghost Himself

Well had had three picks against Tschetter2 haha. It was crazy. I'm pretty sure he picked one or two off against York too when he was controlling Iowa.

18. Kasper

Kasper The Ghost Himself

BS, Marshall is 11th on the thorpe list--- damn safeties racking up tackles. You'd think interceptions would count more.