ACC Vs SEC Challenge- Who's the best

Discussion in 'Thread Archive' started by Shino45, Aug 21, 2010.

1. Shino45

Shino45 Walk On

ACC Vs SEC Challenge- Who's the best

Having past the halfway point of the season we now have a better idea of the strength of the conferences. Each conference has a undefeated team representing the conferences at the top of the polls, Arkansas and Florida St.

As we know each season there are twelve match-ups featuring SEC vs ACC User teams. This season 11 of those games has been played, with one result not counting to the total (Arkansas defeated Wake results tossed because Wake was CPU for that game). Here's a recap of those match-ups.

Column 1
    ACC SEC Winner
    Week Team Score Team Score
    1 Maryland 17 Tennessee 27 SEC
    1 Miami 27 Georgia 16 ACC
    1 Boston College 10 Auburn 23 SEC
    2 Boston College 21 Arkansas 28 SEC
    2 Florida State 35 Ole Miss 19 ACC
    3 Wake Forest 45 Ole Miss 43 ACC
    3 Viginia Tech 17 Auburn 20 SEC
    3 Florida State 34 Alabama 17 ACC
    4 Miami 38 Tennessee 13 ACC
    5 Maryland 20 Georgia 13 ACC
    9 Virginia Tech Alabama ???

Currently the ACC is up 6-4 in the match-ups and will finish the season with the better record regardless of the outcome of next weeks Virginia Tech Alabama game.

So Which Conference is the best??? What say you??? This is the question the league was formed upon.

2. Shino45

Shino45 Walk On

My opinion, and this is not me being biased! But the SEC is still the dominate conference. Though the record may not indicate it, and the ACC has higher ranked teams in the top 25 at this point in the season.... The SEC is still deeper. All 6 SEC teams has competed more consistently and better as a whole than the ACC. Knowing what I know now I ask myself one question. If I could choose which conference to enter to have the best shot at going undefeated or making it to a National title I would choose the ACC!!! Therefore the SEC is my choice.

In the ACC I just need to get past a couple of teams.... SEC is still week in and week out.

3. phbaseball1335

phbaseball1335 Walk On

Heading into this dynasty, I was a little worried about having to play so many user games because I don't get as much practice as a lot of people in this game, but I am pleased that all of my games have been fairly close. Even if I lose the majority of my user games, it is very enjoyable playing in games that turn out to be so close. I'm looking forward to playing the rest of the people in the league.

At this point even though the ACC came out on top in year one, I think the SEC is the better conference just because their on field talent has been much better in recent years.Hopefully the ACC teams in this dynasty can turn this trend around with some solid recruiting over the next couple of seasons.

I also think that they have better fans based on what I see on tv. The SEC stadiums are always packed no matter who I see playing on tv. I've always wanted to attend one of those prime time Saturday night SEC games to see what it is like to experience all those rabid fans in those nicer stadiums. Maryland's stadium is garbage and the fan experience is only good when the team is playing well.

4. charter04

charter04 Walk On

I have been to one of those SEC night games you speak of and I can't imagine a better football experience. It was in 2006, Arkansas versus LSU in Little Rock. That stadium only holds about 55,000 but it sounded like 100,000 plus. With so many future NFL players on both teams it was back and forth with LSU winning on a KO return for a TD. It was heart breaking but a game I will never forget.

As far as the online dynasty goes the SEC has been hit with more coaching changes, so Alabama would be stronger. Also, no one has Florida. Seems like every top team in the ACC has a human user. I forgot about LSU also. It is kind of a toss up at this point but I don't think head to head is the end all factor.

My pick is SEC for now. If we win another NC in a row it will seal the deal. Long way to go however.

5. williatr

williatr Walk On

I really enjoy playing the user games. I get nervous and excited at the same time. I think the all the games have been great. Even though I am in the ACC I do think the SEC is a better conference because of all the die hard fans from top to bottom. I have never been to a game, but i could only imagine how much fun it would be.

6. MartyWebb

MartyWebb C.R.E.A.M.

I think in this league, it's still a pretty balanced race, except Miami and Florida State. Both with SEC level talent, they've won against every SEC team they've played so far, and I don't see that changing until hopefully next season.

7. PAgamer07

PAgamer07 We're the ship without a storm

I agree with Marty. Two of the best teams in the country come from the ACC. Both have dominated SEC opponents. Coincidence?

I think not... ACC all the way baby.

8. charter04

charter04 Walk On

We will see.

9. hoosierjoe

hoosierjoe Walk On

I feel like our head to head matches have all been pretty even. My only loss came to an SEC opponent, on the road in overtime. Obviously the standings would suggest that the ACC is the victor this season, whether it be 7-6 or 6-5. That being said, I think that the CPU opponents are tougher for the SEC teams. The only soft team in the SEC is Vandy, but I would easily rate them over some of the lower tier ACC schools, such as Duke.

Looks like the national championship could be the determining factor.. as it should be.

(For what its worth, in real life no one comes close to the SEC)

10. charter04

charter04 Walk On

We might see some bowl match ups too. That would be cool. Right now Iowa is number one in the BCS and I am 2, so unless one of us looses FSU might be left out. That would stink.

11. Shino45

Shino45 Walk On

Iowa has 5 games left, 1 of them against Ohio St. I guarantee they will lose at-least 1 game.

12. Blaza

Blaza In Arsene Wenger I Trust

'Bama puttin in work for the SEC! (y)

13. charter04

charter04 Walk On

With Bama finally playing as good as they can. I think that makes the SEC the best.

14. Kingspring

Kingspring Walk On

Yeah and cam newton coming back... IM GONNA ROLLLLLLL THE TIDE in the iron bowl