ACC vs SEC Preview

Discussion in 'Thread Archive' started by GoGators, Jan 20, 2010.

1. GoGators

GoGators GT: KSherm

ACC vs SEC Preview

UF @ Clemson
    UNC @ Auburn (week 3)
    Maryland @ UGA
    Tenn @ FSU
    VA @ Bama
    LSU @ VaTech

Whose the biggest game to watch? Whose your picks?

And let the trash talking begin!

2. GoGators

I think the LSU vs VaTech could be a good one. JuJu vs Shephard, two of the most athletic QBs in the nation this year facing off. VaTech HB RW Sweetness gets his first test and if all goes as history would indicate, he'll be changing his name again after finding out how hard it is to run against an SEC defense.

This one will be close, but only because the Hokies have homefield advantage. If this one was in Death Valley, I don't think the gobblers would stand a chance.

34-28 LSU

3. GoGators

I see the SEC winning 4 out of 6 and that's with me including Tennessee as a CPU game against FSU.

4. Hokie Effect

Hokie Effect Whats a Hokie?

UF @ Clem
    UF wins 38-24, UF is still deep across the board and Gator's coaching record speaks for itself

UNC @ Auburn
    UNC wins 28-20
    This is my upset special

Mary @ UGA
    UGA wins 34-20
    Homefield advantage and a back up QB put the Terps against the wall before they even kickoff

Tenn @ FSU
    FSU wins 27-21
    ACC user better not lose to a SEC cpu team

UVA @ Bama
    UVA wins 42-28
    Bama still looking for an identity and UVA is headed in the right direction

LSU @ VT
    VT wins 35-20
    One word.......SWEETNESS

So ACC goes 4-2

5. GoGators

Hahaha, I like Hokie's take, but I'll one up it.

UF @ Clemson
    UF's QB position is the only thing that can possibly hold them back this season. Thankfully that's who I'll be controlling. UF 35 Clem 34.5. (no bulletin board material here)

UNC @ Auburn
    Auburn is looking to get back to Atlanta and settle the score with the Gators. This team is extremely focused, but perhaps that focus is only on UF and not UNC. Also, Auburn doesn't seem to like to play a lot of defense and instead prefers shoot outs. I think they'll be OK though since UNC is very vanilla this season.
    UNC 31 Auburn 38

Terps @ UGA
    T1 talent versus the rookie. UGA's loaded. Jr QB Mettenberg was a great froshie but got benched last season. He's back with vengence this year. UGA coach Colemanchu has been playing this game since Terps Coach Legend was still in his diapers.
    Terps 17
    UGA 34

Tenn @ FSU
    Still looking for a new owner. Whether he'll want UT or not who knows. FSU squeaks by in this one though cause it's at home.
    Tenn 28 FSU 31

Vir @ Bama
    Virginia has a long way to go talent wise, but they've got a great coach. Bama is coming off a horrible year and got off on the wrong foot in week 1. Star Jackson needs to rebound and be perfect in this one to win. I don't think he's capable.
    Virginia 38
    Bama 17

LSU @ VaTech
    Already wrote this one up in the 2nd post.

LSU 34 VaTech 28

6. killajo90405

killajo90405 Walk On

I think the Clemson Florida Game will be the game the one to watch. They were both a game away from the NC game. Should be a good one. Whoever wins should be the favorite to win it all.

7. jello1717

jello1717 "Those who stay will be champions." -- Bo

UF @ Clem
    UF's roster is almost as good as my Michigan roster in the E-league (I'd LOVE to play his Gators with my Wolverines as I'm sure we could take them handily). If this were any other team than the Gators, I'd say Clemson all day, but Clemson picked the short straw here.
    FU 35 - Clem 17

UNC @ Auburn
    I think I've made my opinion of my team abundantly clear by now.
    Auburn 42 - UNC 24

Mary @ UGA
    Maryland challenges the giant, Clemson, for the ACC title birth, but first they take down the dawgs in Athens (even without their Tebow-lite QB).
    Maryland 24 - UGA 21

Tenn @ FSU
    FSU beats on the CPU
    FSU 35 - Tenn 17

UVA @ Bama
    Like Maryland, Virginia will be challeging for the right to go to the ACC title game. Rumors have been swirling all offseason in Tuscaloosa the the Tide are trying to lure Saban back into town. This game doesn't help squash the rumors.
    UVA 38 - Bama 24

LSU @ VT
    Ryan Williams gets his Heisman watch started on the right foot while LSU is still trying to forget about last season.

VT 28 - LSU 21

ACC 4 - SEC 2

8. LeGeNd RiPs

LeGeNd RiPs Is it football season yet?

Just plain disrespectful! We'll see what happens. I have to gain some respect in this dynasty. I beat cole once. Was that not enough?

Thanks for the support jello. I can't wait for this game!

Good luck Cole.

I wish I had the Gators on my schedule!

9. GoGators

There's two ways to look at this:

1) Be careful what you wish for

&

2) IF you'd finish high enough you'd be on the radar in Gainesville for the ACC/SEC challenge.

(you know it's all good fun)

10. recchem2000

recchem2000 UCLA > WSU

I think I might actually prefer the user game at this point. I've had a hell of a time beating the CPU in my other OD's. But thanks for the support!

11. KnightNoles

KnightNoles Learn to Compete

UF-Clem:
    Beazus loves being the underdog and knows the recipe to make an upset, closer than the experts think

UNC-Auburn:
    If Coach Jello says his team is as bad as they are could get ugly in Jordan-Hare Stadium but Auburn has some weaknesses also. Auburn by 10

Maryland-Georgia:
    Georgia by 17 too much talent for the Terps

Tenn-FSU:
    Noles

Virginia-Bama:
    Might be the most interesting to me, Mo a veteran with a building project at UVA and Alabama and Jo trying to find answers from last years debacle. Bama by 3

LSU-Va Tech:
    LSUs Dline dominates Sweetness, Ju Ju wont be able to shoulder the load and this might be Shepard's coming out party. LSU by 7+

12. Beazus Christ

Beazus Christ Resident Smut Peddler

Oh man! Some good matchups in the inaugural acc/sec cross over series. Let's take a quick look:

Clemson falls on the grenade for acc and takes on florida. 2 things going for clemson: at home and...did I say 2? Ill pick gators cuz a talented user with a talented team is tough to beat.

UNC travels to Auburn. Jello bitching about his team but I do believe he said the same thing last year (and proceeded to kick my ass). Knight has a team that's built to his strengths which means you should throw the b rating out the window when assessing the Tigers chances. Both users are really good. I can't pick a winner. PUSH

MD @ UGA - sorry to be the homer here, but I gotta go with MD. Hopefully UGA injures some of his key guys (I play MD next week!)

Tenn @ FSU I felt bad for recchem when I saw UT on his sched... but without the legendary stick skills of YGY, UT has no chance.

VA @ Bama - homer alert! I pick mogriff to represent the acc and pick up the win on the road against a solid bama team

LSU@Vt - 2 solid users who went through down years in 2011 looking to rebound. Shortbus is dangerous but Lane Stadium is a tough place to win. Ill pick VT

13. LeGeNd RiPs

ACC ACC ACC!

14. Hokie Effect

So its a consensus the ACC is favored to win the ACC/SEC challenge.....

15. LeGeNd RiPs

Oh, definitely

16. jello1717

The amount of homerism in this thread is astounding! So far the ACC is only leading because we've had more ACC guys respond than SEC guys. :thingnana:

17. bfruchey

bfruchey Walk On

And that might just get you the spirit award.

18. killajo90405

killajo90405 Walk On

If the 2 SEC guys coming off sub-par seasons (myself, LSU) win, it will be a SEC sweep!

19. Hokie Effect

ACC wins 4-2

:partynanas:​

20. LeGeNd RiPs

Yea! Go ACC! No more trash from the mediocore sec!

21. GoGators

[​IMG]

Congrats, you guys finally proved you're worthy of being in the SE. I bet the ACC doesn't win the BCS this year though.....

22. LeGeNd RiPs

I bet the SEC doesn't win the bcs this year, in fact, i'm betting we have two one loss or more teams in the SEC title game....

23. jello1717

We can all thank Beazus for this victory. He got the win in a game where no one (SEC and ACC guys alike) thought he could win.

I don't think a user will make it to the BCSCG. Our user schedules are simply too brutal.

24. Mogriffjr

Mogriffjr Walk On

Featured Threads:
    good job my ACC bretheren!