1. If you haven't seen already, TSO is now powered by Discord! This means that we will eventually be disbanding the embedded chat on the main forum page. Head to this page to learn more on how to integrate your TSO account with discord! https://traditionsportsonline.com/wiki/discord-integration/

Ace's Season 3 Playoff Predictions

Discussion in 'TMFL' started by Ace847, Jan 5, 2017.

1. Ace847

Ace847 Walk On

Wildcard Round

Big Suge Knight @ JFace907 - These two teams know each other well but I think the difference in this one will be the recent experience against more users that the Browns have and he will get the edge in this one. Steelers 24 @ Browns 28.

publik drunk @ seranrap7 - This one is going to be a shootout... I have the over under at 60 and I'm taking the over... Publik is going to go pass happy with his rookie signal caller and use all of his WR's the rest of us envy but Seranrap is gonna pick off the rookie 3 times keeping it close. However, Publik wins in the 4th...
    NY 38 @ Cardinals 31

hskr8128 1ke - I just played Husker so I've got a good feel for his ability this season... He has great balance with Run and pass and keeps composure even when things aren't going his way... 1ke just played the CPU so he will be a little rusty against a user and it will cause him to be one in done this off-season...
    Broncos 30 @Bills 10

@raekmeth @ ZCar352 - I don't have a read on this game at all... Don't think I've played either this cycle so it will be hard to predict this one... I'm gonna give this one to Zcar only due to the homefield advantage but it should be close since I think they both have solid defenses and have had a great year in the NFC.
    Rams 10 @ Panthers 13

• Like Like x 2
    • Awesome Content Awesome Content x 1
  2. Ace847

Ace847 Walk On

Well let me start by congratulating the teams that won their WC matches! Publik and Husker did what I predicted and won but the Giants Cardinals game was low scoring and I lost all my money taking the over on that one... The Broncos Bills game was interesting to watch as it was a lot closer than I anticipated. A lot of turnovers in that game and the Bills sacks fumbles were the difference in that game. Suge and Jface seemed to have a close competative game as expected but our beloved co-commish upset the Browns at home and proved that his time on AP didn't affect his stick skills afterall... Big Ben is rolling... Could this be the year he rides off into the sunset after another SB win??? Waddy closed the WC weekend on a rather lackluster CPU game... Not that the game was necessarily bad (I didn't watch it)... But that it was a CPU game in the playoffs!!!

Divisional Round

Big Suge Knight @ GMONEY 15 - Suge is coming off a huge win against JFace907 and secures his first TMFL playoff victory and is looking poised to make the championship game... Could this be his year to win it all? He's got a team that was vacated by their original owner and has been taken over by a solid owner but just has too little time with his squad and playbook to really be expected to make much of a splash in the playoffs his first year...
    Steelers 31 @ Jags 17

publik drunk @ bringbackjimmy - Now that BBJ has run away from the AFC West and joined the commish he has been in the playoffs 2/3 years and this year he looks like the team to beat in the NFC. It's clear his division is inferior to the AFC West as the West just has more competition (with Black Republican being over the hill now and working on his sliders and making excuses your division is merely a retreat away from the scary AFC West)... Also, Ace swept the entire NFC East last season so there's that evidence as well... Enough about me... But I do have BBJ's number for the record... I think BBJ edges out the rookie QB in NY and gives him something to aspire to as a young player... Plus, Publik under-performed in the WC round so there's something off in NY... Sources say he's been playing other games besides Madden as of late which is OK in the off-season but during the playoffs???
    Giants 17 @ Cowboys 27

hskr8128 @ Ace847 - Husker lost a nail biter to Ace in week 17 losing out on the division title and the bye but he got his first playoff win of the cycle out of the way which is something Ace can't boast of at this time... Will this extra experience and the game planning for a division rival that swept him cause him to get over the hump in SD and make it to the conference champtionship game with a chance at a SB appearance? No...
    Broncos 21 @ Chargers 31

jwaddy @ BigK44 - I believe BigK was one score away from the SB last season if my memory serves me right so he has been knocking at the door... Waddy just got his first playoff win of the cycle against the CPU and I always get nervous on teams playing a user after the CPU cuz it's just not the same game... For that reason I'm picking the Vikes in this one...
    Jets 10 @ Vikings 24

3. Ace847

Ace847 Walk On

Condolences to all losing teams... there's always next year...

publik drunk @ jwaddy - both teams have battled to get here and deserve all the credit! Both coming off lower scoring defensive struggles and this one will likely follow suit. The homefield has been cursed but Waddy has continued to prove me Wrong all postseason so I'll give him the nod in this one due to Publik's rookie QB making a crucial mistake late... the Rams Defense will win this one bringing the Rams to their first SB!
    NY 10 @ Rams 21

hskr8128 @ GMONEY 15 - money proved me wrong all post season so I'm hesitant to go against him again but it proved fruitful for him before so I'll do it again cuz even though I'm picking my division rival to win I want him to lose so here's to motivating money again to upset the broncos SB dreams!
    Denver 24 @ jags 21

Last edited: Jan 7, 2017
    • Like Like x 1
  4. publik drunk

publik drunk King of the East

Glad you went 0-4 last week

5. Ace847

Ace847 Walk On

Bulletin board material swayed the results!

6. Ace847

Ace847 Walk On

Well I've been wrong a lot but still gonna preview the super bowl and complete this thing...

hskr8128 vs publik drunk - this is just a cool matchup! I haven't seen either of them in the SB the last 3 releases and it gives owners like me hope for a SB appearance one day! This should be a great game against two solid owners that add a lot to TMFL (top notch hall of fame draft previews & the under the influence awards to name a few...)! Congrats to you both and have a blast in the SB!

Both owners are balanced in their offensive attack but I have to give publik drunk the edge on offense even though both are solid. I think there's just more explosive WR's options in NY and Publik knows how to sling it. However, on the defensive side I give hskr8128 the clear edge as he's built a dominant defense both up front with a scary pass rush as well as in the secondary. Not to mention, his run defense is number 1 for s reason and historically dominant so NY is gonna have trouble running the Rock against this once in a decade rush Defense.

This one's a coin flip but I'm gonna give the edge to the team I want to win since I can't have a SB winner in my Division... and although his run defense is historic, public can win through the air as he's shown in some crazy good passing performances in the past. I'm not going against this rookie QB in NY again and picking NY in this one..
    Denver 24 vs NY 31

Last edited: Jan 8, 2017
    • Like Like x 1
  7. hskr8128

hskr8128 Walk On

Featured Threads:
    Thank god Ace847 didnt pick me!! Kiss of death this postseason!

Dont forget these two coaches know each other pretty well having spent almost two full cycles in divisions together. Should be a great game

• Funny Funny x 1
  8. Ace847

Ace847 Walk On

Congrats to hskr8128, our new champion!!!!