Achilles' Heel - Midseason Report

Discussion in 'Hard Knocks' started by Zikry, Feb 21, 2012.

1. Zikry

Zikry Walk On

[​IMG]
    If there is something that has been obvious during our 4 seasons in Hark Knocks is that at any given moment someone can cause an "upset". This report will focus on pointing out the one thing that I believe is the weakest point in every user team. This is my personal opinion and I apologize in advance if the thing I decide to focus on isn't your true "weakness" but I am going to be using my knowledge from the previous seasons as well as help from XFN to try and pick the one thing that I believe is something that individual teams need to focus on improving; or, other teams can try to use to their advantage when facing these particular teams in order to better their chances at getting that W.​
    *I will only focus on the user teams*​
    [​IMG]
    New England - This team has come out of nowhere and currently sits at 6-2 at the midway point of the season. The experts' popular choice as having the best offseason, The Patriots seem to have finally found a way to bring their real life success into the Hard Knocks world. Hal has had a great start to the 5th season and this team could really go places based on their performances in the first half. After giving up on Matty Ice it seems like Jaxon Boone has breathed new life into this organization, as he is 5-0 as a starter this year and has really put up some amazing performances. Could he be the best in-season FA acquisition EVER in Hard Knocks history?​
    Achilles' Heel - Over reliance on Antwan Barksdale.
    The team as a whole is in the middle of the pack offensively; 18th in points scored, and 17th in both passing and rushing yards. While the Patriots have been on a hell of a run recently, I believe that their struggles will appear once teams decide to key in on Barksdale. While this is easier said than done judging by his output week in and week out, there will be games where guys will decide that they will try to shut down Antwan and have the Patriots try to look elsewhere to beat them. In 8 games Barksdale has 38 catches for 766 yards and 5 TDs. His catches are more than double Gronkowski's (2nd leading reciever) 18, while his TD catches are equal to exactly half of the total TD catches on the entire team (10 total). I am circling the week 11 matchup against the Colts to see what the Patriots can do against a premier secondary.​
    New York Jets - The team is sitting at 5-2 and is only 1/2 game off the division lead. They still have to play the division leading Patriots twice in the 2nd half of the season (in weeks 15 and 17) so this division will most certainly come down to the wire. The team's two losses have come by a combined 5 points, but they have responded to their losses well; beating the living sh*t out of the Dolphins 35-0 after losing a heartbreaker to the Bears 19-17, and having a great all around performance last week against the Titans in their 24-7 victory after losing to the Chargers 31-28 the week prior. The team has been rejuvenated by bringing in Stafford, as the usually cautious Jets are now 2nd in the league in passing yards, 5th in points scored, and 7th in total offensive yards. Add to that the fact that their defense is still able to play at the very top level; with their 16 points allowed being 2nd in the league, and you have a team to be reckoned with even if they are slightly under the radar in the competitive AFC.​
    Achilles' Heel - Disappearance of the running game.
    In the team's first three games Octvious Hardy rushed the ball for 362 yards. In the past 4 games he has totaled 113; including a week 4 performance where he somehow managed to carry the ball 20 times against the Vikings for 5 yards??? While Stafford mania has swept the city of New York, it is important to remember what has made this team successful in the past. Also, when a team has Hardy and Jonathan Stewart in the backfield, being 25th in rushing is almost criminal. Will the team be able to still run the ball effectively when their passing game is being shut down? What has happened over the past couple weeks that has turned Hardy from a lion to a kitten? When the Jets host the Browns in week 13 I will be interested to see how they cope against the #1 passing defense in the league. Will the Jets be able to keep the Browns defense off-guard with a successful running game if their passing game isn't working?​
    Phins & Bills - CPU​
    [​IMG]
    Cleveland Browns - The AFC Champions seem to have not missed a beat this season. The team is currently 5-2 but only one loss can be credited to RY, as the team have moved on from DeAngelo Williams and brought in Darren McFadden who, along with Noel Divine, create possibly the most lethal 1-2 punch at running back in the entire league. RY's only loss came at the hands of the Raiders; who always play the Browns tough including a very close playoff battle last season, but the team's most recent victory, a 38-24 win against the Colts, shows that the team is as explosive as ever and that they still must be considered the team to beat in the conference.​
    Achilles' Heel - Jason McGrath
    Taking a closer look at that Raiders game, it seemed like McGrath's erratic play ended up costing the team, as he was 18/41 with 2 TDs and 4 INTs. On the season his play hasn't been that great either, with a 1:1 TD-INT ratio currently at 10-10 near the halfway point and a 74.9 passer rating. McGrath has thrown at least 1 INT in every single game this year except for 1 (against the Buccs) and has thrown at least 2 in his past 3 games (including the 4 against Oakland). Has the loss of Romo hurt the team in the passing game? I know that Jason was given time last season as a starter in some games; and that Romo's contract was too big to bring back, but it will be interesting to see if Jason can lead his team back to the promised land. The next 5 weeks should prove a stern test for the young QB as he faces the Panthers, Ravens, Bengals, Titans and Jets.​
    Cincinnati Bengals - At least for one game, the fans were given the pleasure of having the head coach show up and prove why this team is still one of the best out there against the previously undefeated Panthers. It is hard to really judge the Bengals at this point because week in and week out it's a guessing game as to whether or not their head coach will be available.​
    Achilles Heel - Availability of Head Coach
    If Frisk were here and motivated every game, I'm pretty sure he'd run us all over. However, this just doesn't seem to be the case. At 3-3-1 the team still has a great chance at not only making the playoffs but taking down the division, but that all depends on not only whether or not Frisk is around, but if he motivated enough to go out and win.​
    Baltimore Ravens - If there was an award for most consistently inconsistent team the Ravens would win this hands down. Season 2 champions after starting 0-4 and not losing a game the entire season after that, the Ravens have yet to return to those great heights. Then, after starting 0-4 this season they have rattled off 3 straight wins to get back into contention. The team is 3rd in overall yards and passing yards, along with being 9th in the run game; which doesn't seem to add up to their 15th overall in points scored. Nicks - Spond - Hankerson - Mike Wallace are all targeted in Baltimore in the pass game, making it tough to really key in on one guy to stop.​
    Achilles Heel - F*%^ Flacco
    In the team's 3 wins Flacco has thrown 1 INT; in their 4 losses he has 11. This has been a constant problem in Baltimore but it is nice to see the guy finally having a good string of almost mistake-free football. Will this trend continue or is it due to the favorable opponents over the past 3 weeks? While the 28th ranked rushing defense is also a cause for conern, I believe that this team will only go as far as Flacco takes them, and that he is the biggest question mark on the team.​
    Pittsburgh Steelers - When bringing in a new coach there will always be a need for time. When bringing in a new coach into a division that features 3 Superbowl participants in 4 seasons then you need some divine intervention. The Steelers are currently 1-6 and are suffering through some growing pains with the new coaching staff as the offense has really struggled. 31st in points and total yards, 29th in passing yards and 28th in rushing yards really won't win you many games. The most alarming stat is that through 7 games this team has 2 passing TDs; and when you compare that to the 20 INTs thrown by Big Ben and Clausen combined, then you see where the real issue is with this team.​
    Achilles Heel - No Leadership at the QB Position
    Big Ben was recently benched by Clausen, who then went on to throw 3 INTs himself; meaning that the starting Steeler QB has now thrown exactly 3 INTs in every single game this season except for 1; when Big Ben threw 2 INTs in week 2. It seems like every time the Steelers play a game they expect the worst, and this lack of confidence is due to there being no true leader of the team on the offensive side of the ball. Could the Steelers have sent Big Ben a message by trading for Cutler before the trade deadline? Possibly...but for now it seems that as long as their is a question mark at the QB position this team will have a tough time; especially in such a strong division.​
    [​IMG]
    Indianapolis Colts - Tied atop the division lead and sitting at 5-2, the team has finally started to show the hard work put in by their coach the past couple of seasons. The defense is playing lights out at the moment, with their only "real" loss coming to the Browns (Texans game was a sim). The team ranks in the top 7 in all defensive categories; 1st in yards allowed, 3rd in pass yards, 4th in points allowed, and 7th in rushing yards. Rodgers-Cromartie has come back strong after his woeful season last year, as his move to the nickle corner position is really paying off huge for the team. Eric Lloyd has been beastin' as always, totaling 11 sacks, while the 100 million dollar man Joplin has instantly become a leader of the defense, leading the team in tackles right now.​
    Achilles' Heel - Redzone Offense
    I could have talked about Anthony Anderson's QB play this year, but I decided to go a different route here. The team has been in the redzone 20 times this year and scored 17 times; but that is not what this is about. Of those 17 scores, 9 were TDs while 8 were FGs. Is this due to the fact that the team is like the 49ers in the NFL; where they are confident in their defense to a point where they try and limit their mistakes while in the redzone? They would rather settle for a "almost" guaranteed 3 points than run the risk of getting nothing by turning the ball over? Either way, I think that one of these games the team's inability to get 7 and not 3 will hurt them; and with this division being very close between all 3 teams not taking your opportunities in the redzone could prove costly to the Colts and their quest for their first HK division title.​
    Houston Texans - After losing Bob to the Panthers the Texans were in need of another coach to take over the reigns. In stepped Knight this season and now the Texans are playing up to their potential. The team has probably the most feared 1-2 WR combo in the league in Andre the Giant and Jonathan Baldwin, and when you focus on those two Ben Tate is able to burn you in the run game. The team has yet to get that "marquee" win as both of their best wins (against Colts and Giants) have come courtesy of the sim gods; but they will have plenty of time to prove themselves worthy of the division title as games against the Titans, Colts and Browns remain on the schedule. The team is an offensive juggernaut, 1st in passing yards and 2nd in total yards and points scored.​
    Achilles' Heel - Dyjuan Dozier.
    A man who was actively shopped around in the offseason unsuccessfully; I'm not sure that he has the best relationship with the higher ups in Texas or with his head coach. Criticized immediately after the loss to the Titans by the head coach, who was quoted as saying "this was the reason I wanted to trade him" the Probowler from last season surely can't feel like he is the man in Houston. This team will only go as far as their QB play, and if their QB doesn't feel wanted by the head coach then who is to say what kind of mental state he will be in once the games get tougher near the end of the season or even in the playoffs.​
    Tennessee Titans - The #1 seed in the AFC last season the Titans seem to be a mixed bag this year. The team didn't lose any of their key pieces from last season, which makes their early 4-3 record a little surprising given the fact they lost 2 games all of last season. Chris Johnson is still doing what he does, averaging 6.1 yards a pop with 704 yards and 6 TDs to date, while the defense is 5th in points allowed and total yards; along with 2nd in rushing yards allowed. A big difference between this year and last year's team is the turnover ratio; which is currently at +4 for the Titans putting them in 7th overall. Last season at this point of the season the Titans were head and shoulders above everyone else, with a season total of +40.​
    Achilles' Heel - Offensive Line
    This has much to do about what I am hearing out of the Titans' camp than anything else. Jake Locker looks to be struggling this year with his 11 INTs in 7 games already more than his 8 INTs all of last season, but I believe this is because of his lack of confidence in his offensive line. Locker has been sacked 18 times in 7 games, and for a team that does not live and die by the passing game I believe this has rattled Locker this year. His throws might be just that half second early, as he expects the pressure, thus leading to the increase in interceptions. While Chris Johnson has been averaging 6.1 yards a carry that is actually a yard lower than his average for the past 2 seasons. Furthermore, Javon Ringer, who usually also averages over 6 yards a pop, is only at 2.3 this year on his 16 carries. I think this also has to do with the offensive line as something must be missing from the unit that has been so dominant over the past couple years in Hard Knocks.​
    Jags - CPU
    [​IMG]
    San Diego Chargers - Winners of 5 of their last 6 games, the Chargers are on a roll and find themselves atop the division at 5-3. After 2 straight losses the team has really turned it around, and other than a loss to the Patriots have found a way to win games the Tebow way. The team seems to have an understanding of what Tebow can and can't do now; and are really playing to his strengths. Not surprisingly the team is the #1 rushing offense, as Arian Foster, Ryan Matthews and Tebow have caused plenty a defensive coordinator headaches when trying to stop the run. The team is also #3 against the run, something that I believe is key to be successful in this league. If you can't stop the run you are pretty much screwed when it comes to Hard Knocks.​
    Achilles Heel - No outside threats to worry opposing defenses.
    Is this team trying to mimick the real Broncos?? Kevin Young at TE is a great threat but there is no one that I can see that is worth being a #1 WR on this team. Early Doucet with his 18 receptions seems to be the favored WR but I doubt people will be gameplanning to stop him. When the run game isn't working and Kevin Young is being covered, who will come through for the Chargers in the clutch? It just seems that if you stop the run and get this team into must pass situations, as long as you make sure Young doesn't beat you in the middle that the CBs should have no problem covering the outside "threats" for the most part.​
    Denver Broncos - The Superbowl Champs from 2 seasons ago the Broncos weren't themselves last year, failing to make the playoffs. However, their 5-3 start this year has them tied for the division lead with the Chargers at the halfway point of the season. In Brenden Evans the team finally believes they have a QB who can lead this team, and their offensive stats show it as they are 4th in points scored, 6th in total yards and passing yards, and 8th in rushing yards. With Evans being a threat in the pass game Moreno has been able to find much more room, and has thrived as he has 1018 yards and 12 TDs.​
    Achilles' Heel - Lack of Playmakers in the Secondary
    Either Champ Bailey is starting to show his age or he is just not getting thrown to at all; but after Bradley Fletcher and Rahim Moore who both have 3 INTs each, the rest of the team has 4 INTs combined. Furthermore, speaking from personal experience, Bradley Fletcher is not going to send shivers down the spine of any WR in the league. I expect Champ to get a couple more interceptions by the time the season comes to a close, but at this point there is no one that I can see that people will want to throw away from; leaving the entire field open to the passing game of opposing QBs.​
    Oakland Raiders - This team seems to play when they want to, and I'm surprised they are only 4-4 to start the season. They rattled off 4 straight wins before losing to the Chargers last week but those wins were against some of the top teams in the AFC including the Browns and Titans; along with a good win against the Cardinals. Terrell Pryor seems to be the starting QB now but his 5 TDs and 9 INTs are nothing to write home about. This team should still be focusing on the running game and with a rookie like Gary Frederick I wouldn't expect it any other way.​
    Achilles Heel - Will the real QB please stand up.
    Not sure why Pryor is starting but he seems to be a bigger threat running the ball than passing. He threw 3 INTs in last week's loss to the Chargers and along with the rushing defense being non-existent, led to the team snapping their 4 game win streak. I can't see a team led by Pryor making any real noise in the playoffs, which in itself will be a dog fight with the strength of the AFC this year.​
    Kansas City Chiefs - Sporty is back and while the team is still winless, he will not give up which is a good thing! The team has had some tough losses but are on the right track as Cutler has finally been starting the past couple of games, something he should have done from the start of the season. The running attack is struggling, 30th in the league so far, but that will be fixed the more Sporty plays. The combination of Breaston and Holmes on the outside have been a bright spot for this team.​
    Achilles' Heel - Zero INTs
    In 7 games the Chiefs defense have 0 INTs. I'm not sure what is wrong but Sporty must not be getting much luck on the CPU side of things. Hell you would think you would at least get a couple freak INTs especially since Eric Berry still resides in the KC secondary. This was probably the most shocking stat that I have seen so far.​
    [​IMG]
    New York Giants - Strange saying this about a team at 4-4 but by the looks of it the division might be all but over already. While the Giants haven't played up to their lofty standards, they still stand atop the division and should be able to close out the 2nd half of the season as NFC East Champions. The combination of Corey Mays and Ahmad Bradshaw look to finally be getting into high gear as they pave the way for the team's offense with the 4th best rushing attack in the league. The defense is decent if unspectacular, ranking 10th in points allowed and 11th in yards allowed, while also being 9th in rushing yards allowed. Kenny Philips has led the secondary this season, totaling 6 of the team's 16 INTs this year.​
    Achilles' Heel - Shane Boals
    Wanted to go with something less obvious but after looking at his stats I couldn't look past him. His 57.9 passer rating and 14 INTs in 8 games is not going to get it done for the Giants. Anytime the Giants have a good drive going the fans are all praying that Boals doesn't mess it up, and so far his only "good" game came in the week 1 loss to the Redskins where he had 3 TDs and 0 INTs. Since that game he has thrown only 4 TDs in 7 games, and if the Giants are to make some noise in the playoffs they will have to find some kind of stability in the passing game.​
    Skins - CPU
    Cowboys - Not really sure what happened to this team. Every single year the Cowboys have been no worse than the #2 seed in the NFC, now they have a 2-5 record and seem to be uninterested for whatever reason. The team is 21st in points scored and 28th in rushing yards, but they are still a top passing team ranking 8th overall. If the Boys were interested in this season this would be a different story, but it seems like they are just looking ahead to next year.​
    Achilles' Heel - Owner's Interest
    Losing 3 straight CPU games and generally being MIA this season, the Cowboys are in freefall without their coach. The team is stacked but with no coach they stand no chance.​
    Eagles - CPU

[​IMG]
    Chicago Bears - Rattled off 5 straight wins before losing their last 2. Injuries once again are the story for the team as they can't seem to have all their best players available at the same time. It is remarkable that this happens year in and year out and the Bears still are able to make the playoffs every single year. The team is 4th in overall yards and 5th in rushing yards, and with Tom Brady still playing their passing game is nothing to scoff at either. The addition of Torrey Smith is one of the more underrated trades this past offseason, but his playmaking ability always makes him a threat.​
    Achilles' Heel - Pass Defense
    I could have talked about their pathetic fitness and conditioning coaches, but that would be beating a dead horse. The Bears own the 29th pass defense in the league and only have 2 players who have recorded an INT this year. Settle's 2 INTs and Dwight Lowery's 3 account for all 5 of the Bears interceptions. If the Bears are going to be able to get far in the playoffs they must either force more interceptions or at least limit opposing QBs from passing all over them. This could have something to do with the lack of a pass rush in Chicago as well, as the injury to BJ Raji means that Kevin Williams shoulders all the responsibility of getting to the QB to generate any kind of pressure in the passing game.​
    Green Bay Packers - Its good to see a new team challenge in this division in HK. The Packers stand at 4-3 and have won 4 of their last 5 games, with their only loss in that stretch being a 10 point game against the Bears. The Packers have won their last two games by a score of 73-14 and look to really be getting into high gear as an offensive unit. The team ranks 7th in passing yards and 14th in points scored. The defense is 6th in points allowed, 7th in yards, and 4th in pass yards. Will the Packers finally make the HK playoffs this year? Only time will tell.​
    Achilles' Heel - Starks' Running Frustrations
    James Starks has all the attributes to be able to flourish for the Packers. He's on a team with one of the best QBs in the league, a WR like Jennings who demands attention, and a TE like Finley who commands the middle. However, Starks has struggled, averaging 3.7 yards a carry. What's worse is that Dexter McCluster is flourishing; averaging 8.5 a carry. If the Packers stick with Starks will he be able to get his ground game going enough for opposing defenses to respect the run? Or will they sit back and try to defend the pass, making it harder for Rodgers?​
    Minnesota Vikings - This team is in a downward spiral having lost 5 straight after starting off the season 2-0. Something is missing from the team and it isn't all about Adrian Peterson; who was injured for a large part of last season and the team was still successful. The offense as a whole seems to be struggling this year as Christian Ponder has been criticized publicly a number of times by his head coach; with Alex Smith even getting as many snaps in the Vikings last game as Ponder. The team seems to be set on defense, but with no offensive firepower other than the gamebreaker Harvin it has been a tough year for the Vikes.​
    Achilles' Heel - QB Position.
    I fully expect the Vikings to part ways with Ponder in the offseason and go after one of the many QBs that will be available via trade or free agency. The Vikings have a great RB in Lesean McCoy but with opposing defenses not respecting their pass game, Lesean has been shackled lately as defenses key in on him. A QB that the coach is confident in would make this team an instant threat for not only the division, but the conference as a whole.​
    Detroit Lions - Sitting at 3-5 the Lions have been more competitive than in seasons past. 3 point losses to the Bears and Seahawks could have swung either way and the Lions could be on the right side of .500. Instead they are a team that is slowly getting a hang of things and are looking to build up in the 2nd half of the season. The team is 9th in passing yards as Culliver has played better than most expected, with his 91.3 passer rating and 12-9 TD-INT keeping the team competitive in all their games.​
    Achilles' Heel - Defense
    25th in total yards, 24th against the pass, 27th against the run. While the team is 15th in points allowed the lack of a strong suit on defense is troubling. When you can't stop the pass or run it's tough to really do much on defense.​

[​IMG]
    Carolina Panthers - Bob and the Panthers seem to be heading in the right direction after finishing 3rd in the division last year. Sitting at 6-1 with the only loss coming to the Bengals, the Panthers look primed to make some noise this year. Whether through the air or on the ground, the Panthers' offense will hurt you, as they are #1 in points scored and yards, #5 in passing, and #2 in rushing. The addition of Adrian Peterson easily looks like the best offseason trade so far as he has been averaging 7.5 yards a pop, and is already at 1,079 yards with 12 TDs. The running game has also allowed Cam Newton to flourish, and he is doing it big; however his past two weeks of 1 TD and 6 INTs have slowed down the great start he was having. The defense is struggling however; as the team adjusts to life after Beason and having Thomas Davis out injured. The 28th ranked pass defense is something the Panthers must improve upon heading into the 2nd half of the season and is linked with the achilles' heel.​
    Achilles' Heel - Pass Rush
    8 sacks in 7 games is not going to get it done down in Carolina. There are currently 6 players in the league that have more sacks than the Panthers do as a team. Giving teams all day to throw with no threat of a pass rush is directly correlated to the pass defense being one of the worst in the league. Look for the Panthers to try and get some exotic blitzes implemented into their defense in order to at least try and give the impression that they can rush the QB.​
    Atlanta Falcons - With their win over the Cardinals the Falcons move to 6-2 and are almost guaranteed a playoff spot come the end of the season. The team is only a game away from the division lead as well so they have plenty to play for in the 2nd half of the season. The team is 3rd in rushing yards per game; proving that this division is all about the run game, and 4th in points per game. The defense has struggled more than I expected though, as the usually stout defense is in the bottom half of all statistical categories, including 25th against the run which was shocking to me.​
    Achilles' Heel - 3rd down Defense
    The team is currently tied for 3rd worst in the category at 50%. If the defense can't make the plays needed in order to get off the field they will struggle against the top tier teams. There is nothing more frustrating to a team than when they have down everything right on 1st and 2nd down, but can't show up on 3rd down to force a team to punt/kick a FG. I believe this percentage will drop for the Falcons over the 2nd half of the season but for now this is a cause for concern.​
    New Orleans Saints - Not sure on the status of BK but his team hasn't missed a beat, rattling off 2 straight wins in his absence to move their record to 5-2. If BK is to come back soon then this team shouldn't have a problem making the playoffs, but if he is out the rest of the season I expect the team to take a sharp decline; opening up the last remaining Wild Card spot to one of the other teams in the conference. On offense the team is well balanced; 5th in points scored, 13th in passing and 10th in rushing; and in Sterlin Freeman and AJ Green have two explosive players than can beat you on any given play.​
    Achilles' Heel - Status of their Head Coach
    While the team has done well the past two weeks, I don't see this trend continuing if he is to sit out any longer. The team will take a nose dive as their upcoming schedule is brutal, and if Derek isn't around they will tumble out of the playoff race and into a top 12 draft pick.​
    Buccs - CPU

[​IMG]
    Rams -​
    Seahawks - CPU​
    Cardinals - The Cardinals looked like they were on the right track early on; racing out to a 3-1 record including a great win against the Cowboys in week 1. However, the wheels have started to fall off for the team, as they have lost 4 straight. However, on the bright side, those losses all came to playoff teams from last year (including two to the Rams) so the team should not give up just yet as they have a favorable schedule down the road and with the last wild card spot up for grabs, could very well make it to the big dance and from there, who knows. The team is middle of the road in all statistical categories including 14th in yards, 10th in passing and 19th in rushing, along with having a decent defense that ranks in the top 20 of the four statistical categories as well. The team struggles to score points; ranking 25th in the league with their 19.1 average but with Peyton slinging it down in Arizona this team should be able to move up the rankings there once he gets more accustomed to the Arizona style of play.​
    Achilles' Heel - Peyton Manning*
    I'm shocked to say this but he seems to be the weakest link at the moment. Maybe the Kolb stench in his locker is still there or something, but Manning has not been what the doctor ordered for the Cardinals. In his first game as a Cardinal he was great, throwing 2 TDs and 0 INTs in the team's 20 point victory over the Cowboys. His 158.3 perfect passer rating looked like a sign of things to come. However, since that point, Peyton has thrown only 2 more TDs to go along with 15 INTs in 7 games. Maybe the team needs more playmakers at the skill positions? I'm not exactly sure what it is but it seems like something needs to be changed in Arizona or the fans will start crying out for Shaquelle Marshall again.​
    49ers - A new face to the division Reb came in after jumping off the sinking ship that was the Redskins :) The team is currently 2-5 but have suffered with the loss of Patrick Willis who was the driving force on the 9ers defense. The team has a two headed monster at running back, with both Frank Gore and Ray Rice getting an equal opportunity at the position; but it is Frank Gore who has shined this season as Rice forgets that he needs to hold on to the ball when carrying it sometimes. Reb's QB only has 14 INTs to this point, and for all of you that have been in the league long enough, you know that is an improvement on the past. The team is still good on defense; 6th overall in yards and 4th in rushing yards allowed, while also ranking 12th in passing yards allowed; however they are 24th in points allowed. ​
    Achilles' Heel - Addicted to Vernon like Tyrone Biggums is to Crack
    When watching game tape it seems like when Riggs sees double coverage on Vernon Davis he doesn't think "oh maybe I should throw to someone else" but rather "HELL YEA! HE ISN'T TRIPLE COVERED". Reb will be the first to admit he likes throwing it to Vernon but hell, he's a beast and you would be crazy not to!! Vernon Davis has half of the team's TDs (4) and leads the team in receptions by almost double Crabtree's receptions (35-19). ​

Last edited: Feb 21, 2012
    • Like Like x 13
  2. Ryty

Ryty Over the Cap

Great stuff, zik

• Like Like x 1
  3. KnightNoles

KnightNoles Learn to Compete

awesome stuff!

• Like Like x 1
  4. Zikry

Zikry Walk On

AFC North added. Will complete AFC in next couple hours.

5. Ryty

Ryty Over the Cap

Spot on regarding the Browns. I may have to turn to the Schaub.

• Like Like x 1
  6. cp0990

cp0990 Walk On

Amen zik...hit the nail on the head on the ravens...gotta cut out the turnovers

• Like Like x 1
  7. BobJr

BobJr To each their own

Featured Threads:
    Zikry

Now this is the zikry i know! Looks like the old days man..great job!

• Like Like x 2
  8. Zikry

Zikry Walk On

AFC done. Feel free to comment on anything mentioned.

9. Zikry

Zikry Walk On

had to do something to make this bye week pass a little faster :) lol

• Like Like x 1
  10. HAL9100

HAL9100 TSO's Resident Antagonist

Featured Threads:
    Great work and analysis. Definitely one of the best ideas someone has done, imo.

I'm not sure I over-rely on Barksdale but I can see the argument with him getting just over 40% of the receptions for the team. The receptions for my other receivers are a little deceptive though since I've lost my #2 and #3 WRs to injuries at points in this season. So I think I go to my #2 WR on the field a good amount and keep guys honest enough.

Nonetheless, I agree that if someone can stop Barksdale, then they will have a great shot at beating me.

11. Zikry

Zikry Walk On

Yea I remembered you mentioned that your other 2 were injured. There was also your 3rd down conversion rate that I noticed but I didn't know if that was because you were winning and were running out clock/kneeling at the end of games or not.

12. KnightNoles

KnightNoles Learn to Compete

Zikry

surprised you went with Dozier, def thought some kind of write up on the defense would come lol (y)

I really enjoyed this comment
    felt real life...

To clear anything up: the coach and management was simply trying to motivate and challenge Dozier from that game forward

• Like Like x 1
  13. Zikry

Zikry Walk On

If anyone wants to do the section on the Rams (or the NFC West as a whole) please let me know and PM me that section. I'm willing to do the other two users in the NFC West but I'd like an outsiders perspective on my team if anyone is willing to do so.

14. pitt4life21

pitt4life21 RTJR!

Very good!

• Like Like x 1
  15. thebouncer24

thebouncer24 Cheese Like MG

nailed it Zik..Offensive Line has played horrible for me

• Like Like x 1
  16. Diddy81

Diddy81 Walk On

Took the words right out of my mouth regarding Joey Checkdown Flacco, well done Zik, Well done

• Like Like x 1
  17. NDCOLTS1979

NDCOLTS1979 I love you red solo cup

Yes Zikry as shown in the past couple games why i go the 3 instead of 7 route. All the turnovers kill me so with my defense i am going back to what got me where i was. Don't go away from my strengths. Get the 3 and play defense. DRC is definately the man now that his is at the nickle position. Wish i had the talent last year to move him there. This is exactly why i grabbed Reed #2 and went for Ingram instead of drafting a hb. I feel if my defense plays like they should i should have a chance in every game. Sadly it took me 5 years to renovate the Colts defense

18. Zikry

Zikry Walk On

NFC North/East posted. Will work on last 2 in a bit.

• Like Like x 1
  19. NeuroticTruth

NeuroticTruth dont know , dont care

Featured Threads:
    Awesome thread. The content just keeps getting better and better.

• Like Like x 2
  20. controllerabuser

controllerabuser Purple People Eaters

Spot on with the analysis of the Vikings Zikry!

I need to do something!

• Like Like x 1
  21. Zikry

Zikry Walk On

ANNNNNNNND...DONE! Enjoy

• Like Like x 2
  22. G_T_G

G_T_G BEAR DOWN

Great stuff!

• Like Like x 1
  23. wayers50

wayers50 Walk On

Great work!! A good read as well.

I don't know whats wrong with Starks. I've been giving him most of the carries and it seems like he gets taken down after the first hit, where as McCluster seems to break a lot more tackles.

Last edited: Feb 21, 2012
  24. thegman2.0

thegman2.0 Walk On

im going need off season or two seasons part of off season get the team i want , i had good start last off season

25. Ghost

Ghost Before the rollieee!

Great Stuff Man lol i troll all of HK's content its so colorful(when i say this i mean the pictures great pics (y)) and interesting to read

• Like Like x 3