ACTION MAY BE REQUIRED New Info on hack and our CC info

Discussion in 'Thread Archive' started by bigox1337, Apr 29, 2011.

1. bigox1337

bigox1337 Walk On

Hey guys, got some new info this morning which forced me to take action to prevent liability down the road if this is in fact true.
    http://www.redmondpie.com/database-...+(Redmond+Pie)&utm_content=Google+Feedfetcher

http://www.ibtimes.com/articles/139...-million-credit-card-numbers-back-to-sony.htm

The guys responsible for this psn hack have all our CC info, and now are trying to sell it to the highest bidder. We were all told that CCV numbers where not stored on the server that got hacked, but information today says that they do in fact have the CCV number needed for not-in-person CC transactions. These ppl now have EVERY piece of information to make purchases on your cards and if this data is sold, except it to be broken down and resold until its broken down into such tiny peices of information that it will almost impossible to track if you get my drift.

I went to the bank this morning, put a credit freeze on my credit report and changed every CC number and password to any card that i have EVER used to buy ANYTHING on PSN. Im pretty friendly with the bank manager and when i told him that CCV information also is up for sale, he got a pretty horrid look on his face and told me he had to call his supervisors immediately about this and suggested that ANYTHING connected to the psn account be changed upto and including email addresses. He warned me about pishing attacks and if someone got a hold of my SS number, NOTHING could stop it without a complete credit freeze. So i went ahead and did it, not planning on buying a home or car anytime soon so oh well. I was told there might be a fee involved ranging up to 5 bucks per monitor and there is 3-4 i think so this may have cost me 20 bucks but its worth it if it stops my account being drained.

I wasnt too concerned with the new info UNTIL i saw the way the bank manager reacted too it, and then i got a bit worried. Im pretty sure that the number that was saved on the server was an already canceled number but im tried of worrying about it.

Just trying to give heads up to ppl like me that didnt really think this is a real threat, that CCV number changed EVERYTHING

2. bigox1337

bigox1337 Walk On

If you think its a bit overboard, AT LEAST check your CC accounts weekly and your debit accounts daily.

3. Coach KO

Coach KO Walk On

I check my accounts weekly but I made sure to register my psn account using an American Express gift card. My password is unique for that account compared to my accounts for everything else. Im not a very trusting person when its related to giving this info up. Same thing for ITunes.

4. DJDunn6

DJDunn6 Walk On

I just went ahead and requested a new debit card to be safe.

5. Winuvas

Winuvas OMFL Jets

The debit card I had on file has since expired. I was never able to add a new debit card and have been purchasing PSN cards.

6. natedawg212000

natedawg212000 New Orleans Saints

How do you know what card you used? I really don't remember?

7. Cheez

Cheez TSO's 1,000,000th Poster

@bigox1337

you might want to post this on a forum where everyone sees it. Seems valid for everyone with PS3s.

Wish you guys the best of luck with everything. Hopefully your information doesnt fall into the wrong hands and your identity stays safe.

8. Hellisan

Hellisan Schemin 'em up

What a mess

9. backlash

backlash DA BEARS