AD's Office Scheduling - The Tradition

Discussion in 'The Tradition' started by jfosh, Jul 20, 2009.

1. jfosh

jfosh Super

AD's Office Scheduling - The Tradition

[​IMG]

2010 Schedule

Column 1
    SCHOOL North Carolina Clemson Florida State Georgia Tech Miami Virginia Tech Alabama Auburn LSU Florida Georgia Tennessee
    WK1 Army BYE Florida Atlantic Texas @ Pittsburgh Oregon State TCU BYU @ Tulane UAB BYE Utah
    WK2 @ Cal Nebraska BYE Southern Miss Wisconsin Alabama (U) @ Virginia Tech (U) Arizona State @ Louisiana Tech Ohio State @ South Carolina Oklahoma
    WK3 @ Maryland Auburn (U) Boston College @ Virginia Tech (U) BYE Georgia Tech (U) @ South Carolina @ Clemson (U) West Virginia @ Tennessee (U) USC Florida (U)
    WK4 @ NC State @ Boston College @ Virginia Miami (U) @ Georgia Tech (U) @ Pittsburgh @ Arkansas Bowling Green Tennessee (U) Kentucky @ Mississippi State @ LSU (U)
    WK5 @ Georgia Tech (U) @ Wake Forest NC State North Carolina (U) Ball State BYE Florida (U) South Carolina Mississippi State @ Alabama (U) Arkansas BYE
    WK6 Virginia Tech (U) Maryland Wake Forest @ NC State @ Duke @ North Carolina (U) Arizona @ Mississippi St. @ Vanderbilt Tennessee (U) @ Georgia (U)
    WK7 @ Clemson (U) North Carolina (U) @ Miami (U) Duke Florida State (U) @ NC State Ole Miss Arkansas @ Florida (U) LSU (U) Vanderbilt BYE
    WK8 Wake Forest Miami (U) BYE BYE @ Clemson (U) Duke @ Tennessee (U) LSU (U) @ Auburn (U) Purdue Central Michigan Alabama (U)
    WK9 BYE Georgia Tech (U) @ Maryland @ Clemson (U) NC State @ Boston College BYE @ Ole Miss BYE Georgia (U) Florida (U) @ South Carolina
    WK10 Florida Stae (U) @ NC State @ North Carolina (U) @ Wake Forest Virginia Tech (U) @ Miami (U) Mississippi St. @ Kentucky Oregon @ Vanderbilt BYE Ole Miss
    WK11 Boston College @ Florida State (U) Clemson (U) Virginia Maryland Wake Forest @ LSU (U) Georgia (U) Alabama (U) South Carolina @ Auburn (U) Memphis
    WK12 Texas A&M BYE @ Louisiana Tech Fresno State BYE Virginia Auburn (U) @ Alabama (U) Ole Miss Mississippi St. @ Kentucky @ Vanderbilt
    WK13 BYE Navy UCF @ Georgia (U) @ Virginia BYE BYE BYE Arkansas @ Florida State (U) Boise State Kentucky
    WK14 Rutgers South Carolina Florida (U) BYE USF West Virginia Penn State BYE BYE BYE BYE @ Notre Dame

2. jfosh

jfosh Super

North Carolina needs to add a user game for the current season to reach the minimum (4).

I will need to make a change to the Virginia Tech vs Alabama game because JMS might have trouble with his connection on vacation.

3. BlyGilmore

BlyGilmore It's All In The Hips!

anybody up for taking on UNC? Helli you up for a Week 8 tilt?

Are we allowing scheduling changes at all? I hate playing nameless schools :)

4. RynoAid

RynoAid ..

yea. you can change your non-conf schedule

5. RynoAid

RynoAid ..

see.. now i feel vindicated about the 2 conference setup....

only 1 team NEEDS to schedule a user game... the natural order of things setup everyone else with 4 or 5 user games.

a beautiful thing for a commish trying to work out the schedule.

6. BRUCE80

BRUCE80 Let the dirt just shower over you..

Looks good to me, if possible Fosh can I replace Western Kentucky with WSU?

Now that I see the schedule I am starting to get pumped to get this dynasty rolling.

7. Hellisan

Hellisan Schemin 'em up

Sure man I'm down for that.

8. NYJuggalo45

NYJuggalo45 Walk On

Yeah, can you please swap out my FCS opponent with like Florida International or Florida Atlantic.

9. Colemanchu

Colemanchu GOAT SPLITTER

Dang! Miami can either lock up or lose the conference by the end of week 4.

10. jfosh

jfosh Super

This will give Helli 6 user games. I dont think we ever put a limit on how many you can play. I am just double checking to make sure that is what you want. Bly it might be better to play Alabama, LSU, Auburn, or Tennessee.

11. jfosh

jfosh Super

Ill make that change to final schedule.

12. BRUCE80

BRUCE80 Let the dirt just shower over you..

Did you miss my change Fosh?

13. jfosh

jfosh Super

Dont know how I missed it. I read it but did not write it down thanks for the reminder Bruce.

14. Hellisan

Hellisan Schemin 'em up

Yeah I'll stick with my five.

If I ever have a season where I don't have five in-conference user games I will play somebody outside my conference!!

15. jms493

jms493 Veteran Member

6 is too much and not fair unless the person asks for it.

16. Hellisan

Hellisan Schemin 'em up

Yeah this was the ONLY downside (and to me at times, a big one) to the 2 conference setup. But I'll be patient, I'm sure there will be years where I have 3 or 4 user games and that'll allow me to play some other dudes.

17. Maynard

Maynard Banned

let me ask you guys....

without the 2 con setup, could still have the commish setup 4 user games per team? was it really hard to get it setup this way with schedule restrictions and byes?

try and think about this as if you guys didnt know each other and everyone was fairly new.....do you guys ever run into trouble getting those user games played since you have to meet up with the other user?
    do you think a brand new OD should stay away from user vs user games?

This may sound dumb, but when you play the user vs user games, i assume you just meet up for a game time online. Does the OD have a room, or just some sort of auto directing of both players into the game? i assume its pretty easy to meet up?

Sorry to hi-jack your forum here, but I value alot of the guys opinions in this league so i hope you guys dont mind me asking in here. I am looking at starting an OD (possible here at TF) and i want to avoid any issues with the initial format. This OD will be with TF people i dont know at all so working with a group of noobs is more of a reason to try and be error free and keep it simple to start.

So any suggestions are extremely appreciated

thanks!

18. NYJuggalo45

NYJuggalo45 Walk On

Was it hard...not really, because everyone was friendly and wanted to play each other. But there were times when getting a game scheduled wasn't the easiest thing to do, mostly due to time differences/schedules. And then, in last year's game atleast not sure about 2010, the custom schedules always seemed to mess up and 1 team would have 8 home games while another only 4.

The 2 conference deal is probably the easiest and best way to go about it. Scheduling 1 OOC user game is alot simpler than having to schedule 30 or whatever it is every year

19. NYJuggalo45

NYJuggalo45 Walk On

Actually Fosh, can I make another request. I hate the fact that I have my Byes in week 2 and week 15. And I start with 3 straight user rival games. Can I move my game against FIU/FAU to week 2, and get a bye in week 6?

20. Hellisan

Hellisan Schemin 'em up

Jeez dude chillax! ;)

21. BlyGilmore

BlyGilmore It's All In The Hips!

Fosh a few requests ...

- Can you move South Carolina to one of the FCS slots in week 2 or 3?
    - Can you make my first game at home against Army?
    - Can you make the other FCS game at Michigan?

Bruce wanna have a battle of former Michigan owners? I can travel to Tennessee if you come back to UNC next year or the year after.

22. Mogriffjr

Mogriffjr Walk On

Featured Threads:
    I'd like to change my FCS game to whoever...

23. jfosh

jfosh Super

Changes have been made to the schedule. Big bold are changes.

Schedule maker does what he has to so give me a break.

Juggs request filled.

Mo request filled.

JMS moved back first user game you still play in Alabama but just not in Tuscaloosa.

Bruce as always you get nothing. WSU was not available for the switch with WKU.

Bly got you Army and Michigan but to accomadate JMS you got Alabama (as your 4th user game) and lost South Carolina in the process.

24. Mogriffjr

Mogriffjr Walk On

Featured Threads:
    LMAO fosh....USC *faints*.

25. NYJuggalo45

NYJuggalo45 Walk On

thanks man, good job