adv to W5 S3

Discussion in 'Thread Archive' started by bringbackjimmy, Nov 21, 2011.

1. bringbackjimmy

bringbackjimmy WTFWTTD

2. bringbackjimmy

bringbackjimmy WTFWTTD

Welcome to Week 5!
    Remember to visit dynasty.easports.com to publish your own stories.

=============== Arizona Wildcats (2-2) ===============
    Last week, Arizona lost 51-38 against Oklahoma (3-0).
    This week, the Wildcats will host Washington State (2-1).

=============== Cal Golden Bears (0-2) ===============
    Last week the Golden Bears were idle.
    This week, the Golden Bears travel to Columbus to face the #5 Ohio State Buckeyes (2-1).

=============== #20 Texas Longhorns (1-2) ===============
    Last week, Texas lost 37-30 against Penn State (4-0).
    This week, the Longhorns travel to West Lafayette to face the Purdue Boilermakers (1-1).

=============== #6 USC Trojans (2-1) ===============
    Last week, USC won 24-3 against LSU (3-1).
    This week, the Trojans travel to Seattle to face the Washington Huskies (2-1).

=============== #14 LSU Tigers (3-1) ===============
    Last week, LSU lost 24-3 against USC (2-1).
    This week, the Tigers travel to Nashville to face the Vanderbilt Commodores (2-1).

=============== #1 Georgia Bulldogs (4-0) ===============
    Last week, Georgia won 28-20 against Mississippi State (1-3).
    This week, the Bulldogs travel to Norman to face the #2 Oklahoma Sooners (3-0).

=============== #2 Oklahoma Sooners (3-0) ===============
    Last week, Oklahoma won 51-38 against Arizona (2-2).
    This week, the Sooners will host #1 Georgia (4-0).
    In recruiting news, the following Oklahoma targets have announced their decisions:
    - (*****) MLB Clinton Golden has committed to Ohio State
    - (*****) RE Donald Russ has committed to Oklahoma

=============== #5 Ohio State Buckeyes (2-1) ===============
    Last week, Ohio State won 73-7 against Central Michigan (0-2).
    This week, the Buckeyes will host Cal (0-2).
    In recruiting news, the following Ohio State targets have announced their decisions:
    - (*****) MLB Clinton Golden has committed to Ohio State

=============== #17 Wisconsin Badgers (2-2) ===============
    Last week, Wisconsin won 66-0 against Minnesota (1-2).
    This week, the Badgers will host Baylor (3-1).

=============== #8 Nebraska Cornhuskers (2-1) ===============
    Last week the Cornhuskers were idle.
    This week, the Cornhuskers travel to Cincinnati to face the Cincinnati Bearcats (2-0).

=============== #3 Florida Gators (4-0) ===============
    Last week, Florida won 58-24 against Tennessee (1-3).
    This week, the Gators travel to Lexington to face the Kentucky Wildcats (2-2).

3. Mogriffjr

Mogriffjr Walk On

Featured Threads:
    Worst two game stretch in a while for me, but luckily I won't be playing a team who uses the same defense and I couldn't beat or a team who complained I used 1-5-5 on a 2nd and 8 while he drops back 15-20 yards to pass on most plays or semi motions the FB out his stance to block around the corner ;)...can't wait to get this team better so I can beat their respective asses. Nuff said.

4. Baron

Baron "I'm PFP's reckoning."

1. Love the smack talk / hatred that has suddenly been inflamed into the LoC.

2. EAsportsKiLLer85 : Tomorrow I have my finals and won't be done until like 4:30 ish (probably a little bit before then) but my Bobcats are going to crush Miami and then I'm going out to celebrate the end of the quarter. This is all by way of saying that if it all possible, I'd like to get our game in between say 5 and 8 p.m. EST tomorrow. Wednesday does work as well, but that's going to be a hectic day too.

• Like Like x 1
  5. Wyrmreaver

Wyrmreaver Ready for Madden 15 on Xbox One, lets get it on!

Dude, I feel you on the idea that Arizona's roster is lacking compared to some others, but seriously.... 15-20 yards back, and semi-motion...... I never use motion where the guy isn't set before I snap unless it is a designed motion play, I never drop back more than 7-10 yards unless running for my life, check the highlights from our game..... as far as 1-5-5, I said I thought 1-5-5 was outlawed, I am in 3 leagues and it is outlawed in 2 of them, I looked here and it isnt, you could have just corrected me, a question is not complaining. Also, no amount of me supposedly cheezing caused you to throw 5 INTs, and in the future, if you have an issue about the way I play either talk to me in game or send me a PM, dont try and passive aggressive me on the board a week or more later and play the victim.

For what it's worth I thought we played a solid, clean game and you lost because your roster wasnt up to snuff, not because you were playing terribly.

6. Wyrmreaver

Wyrmreaver Ready for Madden 15 on Xbox One, lets get it on!

Actually, looking at your posts, I think the 1-5-5 and 15-20 was maybe referring to a different game, if so I'm sorry if I got my hackles raised. Either way I thought you were a solid player and I look forward to meeting up again.

• Like Like x 1
  7. Baron

#drama

8. HotRod

HotRod You ain't bout dat life!

Featured Threads:
  9. DirtycashDylan

DirtycashDylan I came here to scheme and chew bubblegum...

about 8:30 cst? use lube this time

10. HotRod

Featured Threads:
    That works, see u then

11. DirtycashDylan

whoa dude, didn't even know this was posted. If you're gonna come at me, atleast tag a brotha.

I had a problem with you running 1-5-5 on 2nd and short when I came out in 2 TEs and am obviously pounding the rock. Last I checked, we didn't do that, right? I ran the ball into it anyway and, sure enough, the oline didn't block it right and it got blown up in the backfield. The reason I waited was because I wasn't going to say anything, but then I didn't want you to keep running it vs run sets and you lose any of my respect (which you have) so I gave you a heads up after the next play and I thought that was it. I'm sorry if I hurt your feelings.

I can't remember the last time anyone called cheese on me. If you thought I was dropping back too far, you shoulda said something. I would've preferred that you said something! But if you didn't say anything in the game, than it's sour grapes to say something now. I can't motion the FB into the toss? (that I did a few times, only once did I break one and if I hadn't broken it, you wouldn't be talking about it. If I don't motion him, he doesn't get on the edge.) Fine. Tell me. Don't bring it up now.

[​IMG]

12. Mogriffjr

Mogriffjr Walk On

Featured Threads:
    I ain't say nothing cuz I didn't want to stop the game and mess up momentum like u did for me. That's not my style and if you feel the need to drop back 20 yards or motion the FB right before the snap then it whatever. Again I'm pretty sure when I called you wasnt 2nd and short. I barely stopped you for loss in that game and the next play was 3rd and 6. I rarely call the defense as is but the first time u see it called and I had some success u pause the game LOL. And the Only reason I didn't say nothing after the game cuz I lost to u and ya bum A squad. You had an L coming to you with an inferior team but it's all good like I said, I'm definitely aiming to take oklahoma down DirtycashDylan (tagging you to make sure u see it this time).

Oh and I woulda said something about the FB cuz no one does that. It's almost as lame as the RB unrealistic swerve guys do...

13. Mogriffjr

Mogriffjr Walk On

Featured Threads:
    No I just couldn't get past the man cover with spy defense against you that u played a lot (your CB's are ridiculous LOL) my team wasn't up to par with u that game you are right. I just need to upgrade personnel, have no beef against u brah cept I'll drink coffee before playing at 2am again ;)

14. recchem2000

recchem2000 UCLA > WSU

This thread makes me want to call somebody out... Cheez you suck, quit running the ball! :D

• Like Like x 2
  15. HotRod

Featured Threads:
    They aren't THAT good [​IMG]

• Like Like x 1
  16. DirtycashDylan

pretty sure you're saying something. ;)

1st down-nice run.
    2nd down same 2TE formation vs 155-TFL. from 2nd and short (I didn't say 2nd and inches)
    3rd down from the 6.
    is how it went.

and I said something so you wouldn't think 1-5-5 is cool to run on running downs vs running sets. I had just played someone who thought as much. (someone wanna weigh in here? Am I crazy?)

and you don't have proof of me dropping 20 yards back, do you? I'd love to see it. Were you bringing pressure? Is this just because of what I said about the 155?

17. recchem2000

recchem2000 UCLA > WSU

1-5-5 is banned in After Midnight and Night Owls for what its worth. I've never used it and never will. Hell, I think the 4-2-5 and 3-3-5 base defense are cheese!

18. Mogriffjr

Mogriffjr Walk On

Featured Threads:
    It was 1 time...I still contend u was in 2nd and 8 or I wouldn't have called it in the first place. And again that was the first time I ran it and u immediately cry to me and pause the game about it Smh. There was no repeat pattern of "abusing that defense".

And no I don't have proof. I rarely brought pressure on you because I didn't matchup well with your WR's and I played Tons of coverage defenses. Has nothing to do with u crying that I ran it 1 time and u ran the ball and stopped you.

You asking about if your crazy about it? No...but you are crazy for moving your FB to seal off the edge presnap though (which u did quite a few times). The dropping back thing is not a big deal...if I had better ends you woulda been sacked dropping back so far but I know u do that because u can't see the field that well.

19. Mogriffjr

Mogriffjr Walk On

Featured Threads:
    Well it was likely that it was 230 in the morning and I was on like 3 hours of sleep from the day lol...

20. Mogriffjr

Mogriffjr Walk On

Featured Threads:
    That's fine, I mean I don't see the big deal about it. I always run it to match the 3WR sets...if you decide to run it on 2nd and long or so I play to the distance a lot. Though Dylan did run a lot in our game, he did run some out of 2nd downs that were 7 or 8 yards as well. My defense has one good player from the front 7. My ends sucks and my LB's are slightly better than suck.

21. recchem2000

recchem2000 UCLA > WSU

I think we just made a choice as a group to ban it. Not saying it should be banned here but we decided the blocking logic didnt do too well with it. So rather than have the complaining, we just canned it :)

22. DirtycashDylan

:rolleyes: please don't talk smack about my stick skillllzzzz.

You ran it 1 time because I made sure to nip it in the butt. No one cried, not til now. I XBL messaged "155? on a running down?" I was just asking you if you thought that was a good idea. It was early in the game. I wanted to tell you early so we could avoid doing exactly this. Considering how often you went back to the 2-4-5 (no problem with that), something tells me it wouldn't have been the last time I saw 1-5-5.

I just posed the question on the commish forum, not naming names or letting it be known why I was asking, and they all STRONGLY agreed it was against the rules and some said outlawed completely in their leagues.

Ask yourself this, would you have ran it with an evenly matched team?

23. Mogriffjr

Mogriffjr Walk On

Featured Threads:
    You still didn't answer my question. Why don't you run tel dat and see what they say.
    And yes I would have still ran it but only if I feel your passing. And LOL giving yourself credit because I still ran the defense afterwards. I was mostly concerned about your 3rd WR which is why I ran so much nickel in the first place.

24. Baron

Not to distract from this wonderful thread at all, but EAsportsKiLLer85 I am available from now until roughly 7ish.

Haven't played the 3-3-5 competitively, but the 4-2-5 is ridiculously easy to beat, imo.

25. Hokie Effect

Hokie Effect Whats a Hokie?

Hybrid defenses are gay. How about just hurry up and play your cpu games everyone.