Advance Dates/Frequency

Discussion in 'Thread Archive' started by JHeb, Sep 12, 2009.

1. JHeb

JHeb Sooner Magic

Advance Dates/Frequency

This is me asking you how you feel about our THU and SUN advancement dates. I'm somewhat open to being more flexible with them if the league as a majority wants to speed things up a bit. Just a bit.

Here's what I'm thinking:

--We leave our "THU and SUN" policy as "guidelines" for advancing...

--If we're all done by the set date, I'll advance us then set another advance date that is similar to our timetable for SUN or THU. If we're all done before that new set date, I'll advance.

Example:

--If we were all done right now (FRI at 11:30pm central) I'd go ahead and advance us and set the next advance as NLT Monday at 10pm central. If we're all done by SUN night, I advance and set our next advance deadline as WED night.

Got it? Let me know what you think?

2. MaxAttack360

MaxAttack360 Walk On

Advancing early is fine with me as long as there is a notice of some kind. I don't log onto the OD very much besides to just recruit and play my game, and besides the XBL message I got today, I don't remember seeing posts or other messages that we have advanced for awhile. I did not mind it though, since we're currently on a schedule.

3. jello1717

jello1717 "Those who stay will be champions." -- Bo

This is me telling you that I'd love to speed things up. I think your plan sounds great. I also agree with Max that we'd need some notification either on here or through XBL messages (I think you're my only OD commish that sends out XBL messages).

4. NatiSaint

NatiSaint Walk On

That sounds fantastic!

5. Jackwacker

Jackwacker Noob

I might be on the other side of the coin. Sometimes its good for me to know a few weeks in advance as to when we are going to advance because of my out of town work schedule and stuff.

Having said that, im fine with whatever the group wants

6. JHeb

JHeb Sooner Magic

Yeah, I used to send out a message on XBL telling us all we advanced but after a while I figured we'd all figured out the THU and SUN thing...But with this type of changing schedule, I could and would send out a message on XBL. As for Jack's concerns, so long as people notified me/us of them being out of town, etc., I'm sure we could work around it.

7. JHeb

JHeb Sooner Magic

Okay, based on responses, we'll move to a "varied" advancement schedule...I advanced tonight. ECU is the only game and there is no recruiting this week. I'll advance once I see ECU's game is over. I'll give him until THU to get it done but expect it'll be done much sooner.

8. Matrix Monkey

Matrix Monkey Walk On

I'll play it today.

9. Masler

Masler Moderator

im fine with the THU SUN adv...but if everyone has played then go ahead and adv, just send out the message

10. JHeb

JHeb Sooner Magic

Yep, I'll def. be sending out the message...

11. JHeb

JHeb Sooner Magic

Also, if you are the last person to finish up your stuff for the week, let me know...Send me a message on XBL and/or send me a PM here.

Thanks...