Advance Rate

Discussion in 'Thread Archive' started by natedawg212000, May 14, 2010.

?

What Advance Rate Would You Like?

1. 4 days

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  2. 5 days (current)

100.0%
  1. natedawg212000

natedawg212000 New Orleans Saints

Advance Rate

We just wanted to get guys thoughts on this advance rate.

Let me first say I was a 7 day advance guy for a long long time. I am very comfortable with 5 days, and I know that 2 or 3 days is too short and too much for me.

I'd be willing to try 4, if the league wants to do that. So a Simple vote. 4 or 5 day advance rate.

2. Emmdotfrisk

Emmdotfrisk Working half days on my days off.

I say if we move to 4 let's wait to implement until the 2011 release. I think starting with a 4 day advance for the 2011 would be very appropriate.

3. TRudethaDude

TRudethaDude Walk On

I'm all 4 the 4 day advance<------hehe.

*While I don't oppose Frisk idea I actually think if we implement it some time this season it would be more beneficial. We could in essence have a trial run to see how people like it, or at least get used to the pace so next Madden we hit the ground running.

4. Emmdotfrisk

Emmdotfrisk Working half days on my days off.

Don't get me wrong I would love to get it going right now but I am afraid of guys getting burnt out with it being the end of the release. This would result in a failed attempt at a 4 day advance and we would scratch the idea for eternity. 90% of Madden leagues at this point in time have broken down or have slowed down extremely. I am happy with the way OMFL is currently progressing!

5. Claven

Claven OMFL-Redskins

moving to 4 for me is very boderlin … feels like I'm goin' to lose my mind
    You just keep on pushin' my love over the borderline
    Borderline … feels like I'm goin' to lose my mind
    You just keep on pushin' my love over the borderline (borderline)
    Keep on pushin' me, baby
    Don't you know you drive me crazy
    You just keep on pushin' my love over the borderline.

I say we stay at 5. Theres already plenty of scheduling conflicts since only 1 person since year 1 has actually played me during the day on the weekend which is the best time for me. I just think moving down to 4 is going to up these conflicts.

6. DJDunn6

DJDunn6 Walk On

I have no room to talk since I have 3 kids and a currently dreading water business so I really have things I should get to with my time. That being said I would love it if we somehow could get 2 games in a week at some point. Would create a nice flow and seasons would take 2 months to complete, just me though maybe in the fall and winter when life sometimes seems to slow down for some.

7. DJDunn6

DJDunn6 Walk On

The more I think about it the current way is good also. I think the only reason I wanted more is so we could get more season's in.

8. natedawg212000

I refuse to lose owners over advance rate, thats for sure. with 5 days and starting a month and a half after the release we are still able to get 3 seasons in. There are more than the OMFL out there and more games than madden, so people being bored doesnt bother me all that much. I don't want to hurt us like Frisk said, I will only do this if everyone gives it a shot.

9. maij17

maij17 PSN: MAIJ17

vote is for 5 day advance, even though this bye week is killing me, lol

10. natedawg212000

BTW this is for next year and it will be a boards decision. Again, there are other leagues out there to fill time and other games that people play. We may do 4 days next year, but we do have to take in consideration that the OMFL is not just a 'play' league. What makes us different is that we have articles, podcast, interviews, write-ups, ect. If going to 4 days hampers that then we may stay with 5. We have to think big picture here. This will never be a faster than 4 day advance league and this will never be a 'play only' league. play only leagues are boring to me and not what the OMFL is about.

11. Cimmy24

Cimmy24 Candy Ass Self

I agree with Frisk...4 days is nice, for next season...personally, I think doing it now, especially with summer rolling in and work becoming busier for some of us...I think 4 is too much...yeah 24 hours earlier in the long run isn't a whole helluva lot, but in my opinion when I am balancing a girlfriend, work, helping my parents with shit, and personal time (which includes much needed sleep)...5 days is nice, gives me room to play with.

12. Cimmy24

Cimmy24 Candy Ass Self

If this vote is for next season only, I may rethink that I put 5...haha. I think we are adding a few new features such as the podcasts and stats...a bunch of new features that take time. Of course when Madden 11 comes out, I will be back to the college grind and will probably have a ton more time so 4 days won't be hard to get shit done in....

13. BOM86

BOM86 Walk On

Honestly, I look at a long advance rate like the interior of a car that is JUST not the right color. Sometimes it'll get to you and be bothersome. But in the over all it's not a deal breaker, if the overall package is worth the little bit of frustration. So it don't matter, really. I just have no life right now, so it's worse for me lol.

14. Cimmy24

Cimmy24 Candy Ass Self

That's deep...

15. natedawg212000

16. BOM86

BOM86 Walk On

ya, if they had a job where you just thought up similes and metaphors all day. I'd be one of the best metaphor makers lol...