Advance Schedule Vote and Pre-Season Checklist

Discussion in 'Rookie Symposium' started by RRAHx2, Jan 21, 2013.

?

How often would you like to advance in Season 2?

1. Every 48 Hours (2 Days)

50.0%
  2. Every 60 Hours (2 1/2 Days)

20.8%
  3. Every 72 Hours (3 Days)

29.2%
  1. RRAHx2

RRAHx2 Cleared for Takeoff

First let me start by saying I think this off-season went really well. Thank you to all the owners, who participated and did their part to help this part of the season run smoothly. I think the skype chat went a long way in ensuring smooth communication for all those who participated. I know at times, it may seem like we ask a lot of you and create a lot of rules for this time of the year, but it is just because we want to ensure EVERYONE has a fair opportunity to improve their team. Madden's Off-Season process has a lot of flaws so we issue our rules to try and fix those flaws.

As we approach the advance to the regular season, I want everyone to run down this checklist and make sure they are fully caught up and geared to go when the advance comes. There is alot of info in this post so please read this post in its entirety.

1) Join the league Skype Chat Room

2) Register at our new stats keeping site. (Go to maddendaddy.com and register there. By clicking on the circled button in this picture: md.png

Then go to our league page: maddendaddy.com/RS and click the "Join" button circled in this next picture: [​IMG]

I will then add you as a member of the league. This site is a great tool to keep track of stats and transactions. ANYTHING you can do on the EA Madden site you can do here. You can also view all available FA's and sign / cut players. We will not be communicating or having any league discussions on that site. IT IS FOR LEAGUE STATS AND TRANSACTIONS ONLY.

3) Ensure your team roster is cut down to 53 players by Noon CST today. I am going to advance to the regular season at that time and if your roster is over the limit, the CPU will do cuts for you. You can do the cuts in-game or through the maddendaddy.com or ea sports site.

4) Post your teams off-season info in this thread. http://forums.traditionsportsonline...0-year-1-draft-review-season-2-outlook.94262/
    I would like all owners to complete this as it makes for good reading material.

5) Vote in the above poll to decide our advance pace for next season. You can only select 1 option.

Thanks for all your help guys. The regular season begins at Noon CST today and hope you enjoy the league this year. If you have any questions, please ask.

Lobster Killah
    Boman5
    RRAHx2
    Crowe

oneshot24
    NateDawg
    HatchBurrito
    AwaLL

nellycuz
    mmorgan184
    Snake Eyez
    MidMachine

Aspect1
    AWinkler02
    platinumjol14
    T.B.A.R.

SmashMouthFB33
    Troy J.
    The Rulah
    DaMeffodMan

SFRANGER6969
    Matthew Keves
    jay2149

Anthrax78
    xassassin4lifex
    Selvy9

GDip
    ConiglioSG
    Elemnt
    brizz98

• Like Like x 1
  2. Matthew Keves

Matthew Keves Walk On

On the vote, every 60 hours seems like a pain in the ass. With 48 hours you know that the advance will always be at 8 AM. At 60, I've got to remember if it's an 8 AM or PM advance...doesn't seem worth the hassle. If you schedule your games like you're supposed to there shouldn't be any issues.

• Like Like x 2
  3. SmashMouthFB33

SmashMouthFB33 Walk On

I agree with this post...I am ok with 48 or 72 hour advance

4. Elemnt

Elemnt Walk On

I like 72 but everyone "try" and play within 48.

5. Snake Eyez

Snake Eyez Walk On

6. ConiglioSG

ConiglioSG Walk On

Me too. I am ok with the 48 hours and even the 72 hours option, but if that happens we should all try to get the games done in 48 as Anthrax said. I'd be nice to have the same countdown that we used for the draft for the season advances or some sort of calendar (easier for me, as I have to be checking time zones all the time :p).

7. RRAHx2

19 votes still waiting on 8 more

8. mmorgan184

mmorgan184 Walk On

I voted every 60 hours, if only we can make it as obvious as possible when the next advance will be. Either putting it in a thread title for every advance or putting it at the top of every new scheduling thread.

• Like Like x 1
  9. Elemnt

Elemnt Walk On

i second that

10. RRAHx2

I am fine with any time really, just want to do whatever the league wants.

11. NateDawg

NateDawg GT- MIZ Nighthawk

It looks like we have a winner!

• Like Like x 1
  12. RRAHx2

48 Hour Advance it is.

13. mmorgan184

mmorgan184 Walk On

I am probably going to have to drop one of my other leagues since everyone is hopping on the 48 hour advance train. I really like this one and am definitely in it for the long haul.

• Like Like x 2
  14. xassassin4lifex

xassassin4lifex Walk On

Especially with that ridiculous QB u just drafted!