Advance Schedule

Discussion in 'Thread Archive' started by Archie Griffin, Aug 2, 2010.

1. Archie Griffin

Archie Griffin Walk On

Advance Schedule

I'm getting a lot of questions, which is perfectly reasonable. What do we want to do with the advance schedule? Set times? When guys get done? Randomly whenever the commish feels like playing?

Let's get something worked out. But let's try to be understanding of those who have busy lives, since that is kind of the whole concept behind this thing.

I want to advance tonight, but will try to give Jeremy some time.

2. vatechhokie01

vatechhokie01 Anglican Priest and Beer-snob

How about Thursday/Sunday hard advance schedule with the added benefit (to speed things up a bit) that we soft (i hope im using this terminology right...kind of want to add a thats what she said somewhere) advance maximum 24hrs after the 10th player is ready?

I do like the "Dad schedule" but i'm pretty amped about the league and feel that 3 games (minimum) a week is more than reasonable...probably perfect.

thoughts?

3. vatechhokie01

as for jeremy, if he has legitmate problems, then definitely want to be gracious and wait, but in my opinion, if you want to be part of this league, you are gonna have to at least be willing to get on (especially if you ARE having issues) daily to check in with the new info. so far, jeremy has done this, but i do think tonight should probably be the advance if we don't hear from him.

jeremy...we love you...are you out there? if you are in a trunk tied up...we miss you.

4. BulldogBully

BulldogBully Whiskey Slinger

An advance schedule would be nice, but would more than likely be hard to follow with 12 guys who probably have varying schedules.

I think we should agree on a reasonable time between games/recruiting that would be fair for everyone and understand that we advance on that timeline unless special circumstances are communicated ahead of time. For instance, I will be out of town beginning Saturday evening through Monday night. I can make sure I've completed my game and recruiting before I leave that Sat, but then it would be Monday night before I could resume. If instances like this are communicated ahead of time, then we all can prepare appropriately. If not, then there's an issue.

5. mmullen8

mmullen8 Walk On

I kinda agree with the boys up top. But also a little flexability too. My wife is expecting our first baby pretty much anytime after this weekend. SO.....I think two a week is a min. and that 24 hrs after 10 people seems like a great idea.

6. BulldogBully

LOL...man you are crazy!

7. BulldogBully

Good example of one of those instances I was talking about. You've communicated it and everyone should understand (if they don't, something's wrong with 'em(n))

By the way....Congrats!

8. Archie Griffin

Archie Griffin Walk On

What if we did a hard 48 hour deadline, but advance as soon as everyone is done. If that's in 24 hours, we go.

We sticky a thread in the forums, and I'll post every time I advance, so everyone has at least two days warning before we advance again. Also, in times when guys get busy, the entire league can be held an extra day for anyone, as long as we're not doing it all the time for the same person.

Holidays and such - we make new rules based on who is going to be where and when, with extra time for traveling being an understood thing.

Any issues with this?

Oh, and we're advancing tonight, as soon as I can get to it. Haven't heard from Jeremy, so we're gonna push.

9. mmullen8

mmullen8 Walk On

Love it, my vote it is cast for this

10. BulldogBully

Same here...sounds good

11. vatechhokie01

sounds awesome. so jeremy played his game? or sim? advance that shit!

12. Archie Griffin

Archie Griffin Walk On

I just advanced.